Spyder Garage

Default Tires at High Speed

It's almost test and tune season here in Michigan and I'm going to bring my to open her up for the first time. Does anyone know if these tires hold up above 120mph? The low PSI worries me a bit.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Tires at High Speed

They seem to yes. ;D

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Tires at High Speed

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko
    It's almost test and tune season here in Michigan and I'm going to bring my to open her up for the first time. Does anyone know if these tires hold up above 120mph? The low PSI worries me a bit.
    I had some concerns, especially from a sanctioning body point of view. The tires are marked "For Motorcycle Use Only", but I didn't notice the load and speed rating on them. Had to go look. The fronts are rated 47H, and the rear 68H. The number is the load rating. 386 lb eacj for the fronts, and 694 for the rear. The H is the speed rating. That equates to a design speed of 130 mph, and a test speed of 210 mph. I would recommend running them near the max pressure rating to achieve these speeds, but the fronts may do fine lower. Monitor the tire heat right after an easy run or two.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!