Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Who, Where, and When will the first SE5 arrive?

Let's use this thread to tease, inform, and wonder who, where and when the first SE5 will arrive. I ordered mine from a dealer in Colorado but live in Missouri. (There were only dealerships in 7 states at the time, but now Missouri has a dealer, so service won't be a problem)

This thread could be fun, we could award the blogger with the closest date of arrival a Can-Am T-Shirt (since I started this thing, I'll put up the prize). If you submit a date... The date should be the actual delivery date to any authorized dealership (not a demo) a SE5 Spyder for an actual pre-order customer. Thus if a dealership has delivered on XX/XX/2008 a SE5 that's VIN NO. will be assigned to a pre-order customer, that's the winner. The pre-order customer does not have to be a member of Spyderlovers.com, but I'm sure he or she will be after we let him or her know what we've been doing. (Maybe we should send the lucky owner a prize too, any ideas?)

Does anybody know if the serial numbers will continue regardless of SM5 or SE5 make? or will there be a new series?
    SE5 Moon (delivered Aug'08), Cal-Sci windshield, Zumo 550, tank bag, backrest & luggage rack, kurykan Iso grips, and SwingWing pegs, NM's 4" risers, Russell Day Long Seat, Buschtec hitch, Alumna MCT trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Who, Where, and When will the first SE5 arrive?

I'm located just south of Joliet, Illinois, and I ordered my Spyder SE5 back in December. I ordered it from Lake Effect Power Sports in Benton Harbor, Michigan.

I then sent an email to the Spyder Team regarding my order. Here is the reply I received:

We have the confirmation of your purchase: Certificat A02938 register by the dealership Lake Effect Marine for a yellow SE5 Spyder unit.

For your info; the delivery is suppose to be by the end of May 2008.

Have a nice day M. Beushausen.

Marie-eve Lachapelle for Spyder Team
    Derwin

Spyder Garage

Good to hear that the Spyder Team is on top of things...tracking certificates. And that's good news about a delivery in May. You may the first. Keep us informed.

Anyone else heard from their dealers or BRP about theirs. I met the 29 February deadline... which officially means by September 30th, but I'm betting these SE5's will be sooner than later. Anyone else order earlier than December and anticipating delivery soon?

Which reminds me, I got a e-mail from Spyder's Marketing firm asking me about 15 or so questions on my decision to purchase without seeing, etc. They want to follow up after I receive it also. I was impressed that they knew about my pre-order and a little history behind it.. so I've asked my dealer if he had some input into this. Anybody else been quearied?

SE5 Moon (delivered Aug'08), Cal-Sci windshield, Zumo 550, tank bag, backrest & luggage rack, kurykan Iso grips, and SwingWing pegs, NM's 4" risers, Russell Day Long Seat, Buschtec hitch, Alumna MCT trailer

Spyder Garage

I never received anything from the Spyder team in regards to marketing or questions. And I am really hoping that the date which the Spyder Team gave me is correct. But it so happens that right after receiving that email from them, I noticed that they posted that the release date for the Spyder SE5 will be in September. This is the date on the certificate, but I was told directly by the S Team that it would be in late May. So, who knows? I sure don't. But I have my fingers and toes crossed that it will be May or June.

Derwin

Spyder Garage

I don't think you'll see an SE5 until October at the soonest.

Spyder Garage

...wait...you got a firm date on the arrival of a Can Am t-shirt?...
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    I don't think you'll see an SE5 until October at the soonest.
    I ordered my SE5 on Jan 2. Last week my dealer told me that I could expect my delivery for MID-MAY....I am hoping that he is correct. The previous ETA was July '08

Spyder Garage

Iam going for May 15,2008. :a18:
    BIGD Love to Ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser
    I ordered my SE5 on Jan 2. Last week my dealer told me that I could expect my delivery for MID-MAY....I am hoping that he is correct. The previous ETA was July '08
    I sent my dealership an email today asking if they knew anything about a mid-May delivery (since I ordered mine in December), and this is the response I received:

Derwin-

We are notified about 3 days before the unit will arrive, so I cannot confirm the delivery date until the week that it will arrive. You will be contacted by our dealership when we are notified the unit has shipped.

Regards,
    Brett Cosich
    General Manager
    LAKE EFFECT POWERSPORTS
    www.lepowersports.com
    67990 W. M-152
    Benton Harbor, MI 49022
    269-944-5577 fax 269-944-1847
    I ordered my SE5 back in December, and the paperwork guaranteed delivery by September. If your dealer said mid-May, this is fantastic! I'm gonna call my dealer to find out if he knows anything about my order. What dealership did you buy yours from?

Derwin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I placed an Order for my RED SE5 in Late March. I was told that i was the 4th Deposit on a RED SE5 in the Los Angeles Area ;D. The dealer advised me that i could expect delivery Auguest-September.

- Your Friendly Neighborhod SPYDERMAN *

Spyder Garage

I think your dealer may be a bit optimistic but I hope their right, I ordered a red SE5 in March and would love to get it before the end of summer.

Good luck.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin
    I sent my dealership an email today asking if they knew anything about a mid-May delivery (since I ordered mine in December), and this is the response I received:

I ordered my SE5 back in December, and the paperwork guaranteed delivery by September. If your dealer said mid-May, this is fantastic! I'm gonna call my dealer to find out if he knows anything about my order. What dealership did you buy yours from?

Derwin
    My Dealer is in Toronto. I think he might be a little overzealous as well, but I like the thought of it coming forward instead of later. Still just ging to cross my fingers. I think a Red one would take a bit longer than Silver.

Spyder Garage

Agreed, silver will be first. But I'm hoping for late August as a B/D present.

Spyder Garage

I oerdered my Silver SE5 the first week of April and was told it should come in by August 31, 2008.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Good to hear everybody is asking questions and anticipating "early" deliveries. AS for when a dealership might know for sure when the SE5 you ordered will arrive, I think the quote from the dealership in Benton Harbor, MI was right. They don't know until about 3-4 days before delivery. My dealership as he understands it... says once the order is loaded on the delivery truck it is invoiced to the dealership and they are notified of delivery. They then have less than 2 weeks to pay the invoices...(That may be why some Spyder pre-orders are being bumped or cancelled, as a dealership may have to find another customer to pay their invoices quickly)

So the first guess is May 15, 2008.... any others? I will log your entry spyderrider44.

I've ordered silver as well and was the first SE5 order placed with my dealership in Colorado.

My guess (which I will disqualify myself if I win) is June 14, 2008 Saturday, U.S. Flag Day !

Spyder Garage

Since it is just a guess and just for fun, I think you can put me down for Aug. 1st for the arrival of the first SE5
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    Since it is just a guess and just for fun, I think you can put me down for Aug. 1st for the arrival of the first SE5
    I think that is an optimistic guess as well. I am going with September 30 as the delivery date.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

I'd like to take August 23.

Spyder Garage

I just received another email this morning from our friends at the Spyder Team. Here is it:

Greetings M. Beushausen,

Thank you for your interest in BRP and in Can-Am Spyder roadster.

Here is the latest information available on Spyder shipment and deliveries.

1. Customers with pre-orders received by BRP before July 16th, 2007: We are pleased to confirm that all these specific Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters will be shipped to the selling dealerships by March 31st, 2008 as planned.

2. Customers with pre-orders received by BRP between July 16th, 2007 and September 30th, 2007: As planned, dealers are expected to receive delivery of these specific Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters by April 30th, 2008.

3. Customers with pre-orders received by BRP from October 1st, 2007 to February 29th, 2008: Dealers are expected to receive delivery by May 31st, 2008 for SM5 transmissions and September 30th, 2008 for SE5 transmissions. NOTE: These are no longer "Premiere Edition" Spyder roadsters.

4. Customers with pre-orders received by BRP since March 1st, 2008: Dealers are expected to receive delivery by August 31st, 2008 for SM5 transmissions and November 30th, 2008 for SE5 transmissions. These are no longer "Premiere Edition" Spyder roadsters.

If you have any question please let us know

Best regards,

Spyder Team
    I guess they are now reverting back to the "official" timelines located on the Spyder website. The email that I received earlier was obviously a mistake. I ordered my Spyder SE5 back in December. So guess I won't be receiving it until late September. But, if I were to place a "wild guess" on when I was to get it, I would say mid August. I think a month or so earlier would be a good guess, but I hope it's sooner! ;D

Derwin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When i talked to Can-am BRP .. they advised me that the color of the SPYDER has nothing to with the delivery of it (from the SE5 standpoint). So if you ordered an SE5 regardless of color it just depends on where u stand in line.

Spyder Garage

Derwin,

Don't get discouraged..... First of all the spyder team quoted the original updated North American Delivery Dates.... I think that the Spyder team does not want to have everybody e-mailing them about when their Spyder will arrive so they are just using this official line as an out.

You may have gotten a accurate answer from that Marie Eve-Lachapelle, but when you wrote back, the Spyder team made a decision not to start looking up orders and possible factory delivery dates because it would have opened up a flood of e-mails. So when you wrote again, it was signed only Spyder Team !!! But Marie may really know.

I could have been the one that put the damper on these type of questions to Spyder Team....(As soon as you quoted Marie's first reply, I sent an e-mail to the Spyder Team and asked that it be forwarded to Marie.) I've gotten no reply... and probably because Spyder Team knows that somehow Marie went out of her way to reveal more than Spyder Team wants you to know...

I am very confident that these SE5's will be delivered 2-3 months early. Spyder has to get this product out in the summer time so that it spreads like wildfire and more orders are placed.... Even their markenting team is anxious to know about pre-ordering SE5 customers "before" and "after" they receive their roadsters.... Expect the best, in this situation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captainryder
    Derwin,

You may have gotten a accurate answer from that Marie Eve-Lachapelle...

I am very confident that these SE5's will be delivered 2-3 months early. Spyder has to get this product out in the summer time so that it spreads like wildfire and more orders are placed.... Even their markenting team is anxious to know about pre-ordering SE5 customers "before" and "after" they receive their roadsters.... Expect the best, in this situation.
    Well, from your mouth, to God's ears! I really hope you are correct. Actually, what you say makes a lot of sense, but it also could be that Marie just got things mixed up. Like I say....I really hope you are right about this. I would love to be riding my Spyder this summer, instead of getting it in September!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Derwin,
    I hop she's right also. The sooner you receive yours the sooner those who ordfered after you (like myself) will get there's.

Spyder Garage

Here's an email I sent to the Spyder Team yesterday:

Hello! The first email you sent me said that I could expect my Spyder SE5 by the end of May. Is this still true for ME? Or, was that a mistake? Please let me know SPECIFICALLY about MY order: Certificat A02938

Thank you.

Derwin Beushausen

HERE IS THE RESPONSE I JUST GOT FROM THEM THIS MORNING:

Greetings M. Beushausen,

My first email was a mistake and confusion on your model and I apologies for it.

Indeed specifically for SE5 orders received by BRP from October 1st 2007 to Feb 29th 2008 for SE5 deliveries are scheduled starting September 30th 2008 as indicated on spyderryder.com . My previous response was based on SM5 transmission orders and therefore does not apply to SE5.

I can confirm that your dealer sent in your certificate. However, please note that ultimately your dealer is responsible on how the units are allocated to its customers.

I would like to reinstate my apologies.

Best Regards,

The Spyder Team
    So, I guess it was indeed a mistake, and we won't be getting our Spyders until September. I mean, she made it so perfectly clear in this last email, so there is no room for speculation. :edit:

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Seems that Derwin has a friend at Spyder Team..... I can't get anything back in a response.

But I'm not giving up yet, I still think as the summer progresses that they will start getting more (both SM5 and SE5) out quicker. Someone in Massachussetts in one of these threads quoted that his dealership had already received all of his SM5 orders through May!

A curious question... the official statement says they will be received by Sept 30th, (as I read it) but the Spyder Team says they will start delivery by Sept 30th. Does that mean October and November for some of us????