Thread: Talon Alarm

Spyder Garage

Default Talon Alarm

I decided to install my talon alarm system the other day. The manual says "installs in minutes". :edit:! Try 7 1/2 hours and counting. In Talon's defense, most of my difficulties were due to placement issues and short cables on the Spyder.

I currently have it running without the perimeter sensor and the starter relay switch is bypassed. What does this leave? If you sit on or touch my , she howls like a banshee. Found out that HDs with crappy baffles also trigger the tilt sensor and set off the alarm. *sigh* I'll have to play with the sensitivity.

I'll post some pics of my installation when I have the perimeter sensor loaded and have worked out the bugs.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Talon Alarm

Removed in protest of censorship. All of my tips will only be availabe elsewhere online.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow ,Helped a fellow spyder owner install a talon with kens plug and play circuit,took about 4 hrs.Could imagine doing it without the plug and play circuit and the pictures that came with the kit.Regards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dyno824
    Wow ,Helped a fellow spyder owner install a talon with kens plug and play circuit,took about 4 hrs.Could imagine doing it without the plug and play circuit and the pictures that came with the kit.Regards
    Yeah, I should've gone with Ken's kit. Live and learn. I do have to say, however, that the Talon people are very responsive and helpful.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes, tell me all about it.

I bought it, not from Ken, but with spyder harness, no instructions to go with it though. 6 hrs later got it installed. It didn't work. Apparently "Brain" is dead.

So will uninstall, ship it back and see what happens...

2faston3

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have to agree about the Talon people being very helpful. My siren quit working called Ken. He had the Talon people call me to see symtons and they sent me new parts.working again.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good info!! You guys are definitely teaching me things to look out for. I have been looking at the Talon for my Spyder that I have on order. I will definitely get the one modified for the Spyder and save myself some time thanks to your post!!

By the way, Daddydarko I am getting red. Is yours a factory Red one or did you have it painted? I am curious if the red is bright fire engine or a darker crimson color. Your pics appear to be bright red?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSL4X4
    Good info!! You guys are definitely teaching me things to look out for. I have been looking at the Talon for my Spyder that I have on order. I will definitely get the one modified for the Spyder and save myself some time thanks to your post!!

By the way, Daddydarko I am getting red. Is yours a factory Red one or did you have it painted? I am curious if the red is bright fire engine or a darker crimson color. Your pics appear to be bright red?
    The talon people are awesome. Almost as awesome as Magic Man. :bigthumbsup:

My Spyder is supposed to be the same red as the BRP red. My dealer called BRP for the color codes. I think it's actually called 2008 Corvette Red. Grats on the good color sense! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll be using a Zena disc lock with alarm.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/in...oducts_id=5475

spiderrider

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood
    I'll be using a Zena disc lock with alarm.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/in...oducts_id=5475
    I have one that I'll sell, it doesn't fit the Spyder. There is not enough clearance between the front rim and the disc and the rear disc has a flange on the right hand side that stops the lock from going on far enough to lock it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Damn, there goes that idea, then.

Spyder Garage

Easy way to tear up a disc if you ask me.... forget about it once... just once... and you'll be sorry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal

Easy way to tear up a disc if you ask me.... forget about it once... just once... and you'll be sorry.
    Those aren't exactly the words my friend used when she tried to ride off, and screwed up her Honda GB500. Ouch!!! Too much of a liability for an old man like me, with fewer brain cells than he used to have.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have been using the Scorpio alarm systems on the last couple of spyders we have sold. They work great. Comes with the perimeter sensor,pager,battery backup, and panic mode. Sells for around 350.00