Thread: First road run

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default First road run

Today I went from my desert (Anza-Borrego) cabin down San Diego County S-2 & had a couple of carne asada tacos at Ocotillo (old 80 Cafe) and headed east on old highway 80 to El Centro. When I arrived in El Centro I didn't get off the trike I just went around a block and headed back on old 80. Back at my desert cabin, 110 miles total and running like a charm!

I did find holding a steady speed was not easy. It varied between 65 and 55 most of the time. I did kick it up to 85 briefly but with less than 200 miles total I'm trying to old it down for break-in. Sure is easy to go fast ;D

Frank

Spyder Garage

Default Re: First road run

know what you mean bout holding it back it just wants to run fast :hot: :hot: :a18:
    BIGD Love to Ride

Spyder Garage

I've taking that same run many times when I lived in El Cajon. How hot was it?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A front passing through the Pacific Northwest (& record snow in the Sierra) has had the southern desert running cool and windy this week but each day is getting warmer now. It was 81 degrees when I left my desert place (1K feet elev.) and mid-90's in El Centro (below sea level). I wore a dennim jacket (Route 66 logo'ed) and it felt a perfect temperature while riding but got warm fast when I would stop. That's why I turned around and didn't stop in El Centro ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Was stationed in San Diego in the 50's and had a blast honking around the mountains and desert on a Norton ES2 500cc single. Fine old thumper! Your ride report brought back a lot of great memories.

Jack H.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31
    Was stationed in San Diego in the 50's and had a blast honking around the mountains and desert on a Norton ES2 500cc single. Fine old thumper! Your ride report brought back a lot of great memories.

Jack H.
    I have a very nice '52 Norton ES2, 500cc, in my antique collection. I've ridden it on some of our antique club rides. A great bike!

One time I rode it to an antique MC pizza meet we have here every month. Two other ES2's showed up that time and Norton fans were having a ball taking photos of our three ES2's lined up together. I've never seen the other two ES2's since then.

Frank