Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Forgive me in advance for my stupidity...

...but what is the PDI (I don't have any problem asking the dealer to go over it with me but I should probably at least know what it is before I ask about it!).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'd LOVE to come that way!

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    and on your pending purchase of a . you still have time to get the Spyder, become comfortable with ryding it and then come on down to Spyderfest. It will be a great chance to see hundreds of Spyders and what others have done to them to make them their own. Also there will be a large group of aftermarket vendors with "farkles" to buy and have installed!

Though I've been a New Englander for over 25 years now, I was born and raised in Kansas City and still consider myself a Midwesterner at heart. I have lots of friends and family there that I'd love to visit at the same time but I'm afraid that I won't have the time to take in April. Maybe next time - and thanks for making me feel welcome

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I think that you will be extremely happy with the 2012 Lava Bronze, i have one also, the only problem is that it is a hard color for decals, they dont show up very well unless they are white. but if that is your biggest problem then you are in good shape.

I would suggest that you seriously look into Spyderpops Bump Skid, for around two hundred dollars you will save the front end of your RT, it is a relatively easy install and not only works great but looks good also.

I have the Seal Pup floorboards with the lamont NBV ((no bad vibes) highway pegs besides a lot of other mods, the softer hand grips from Tricled are a great comfort to your hands.

Good Luck and welcome to the More Smiles Per Mile Club.

Cruzr Joe
    I too have the lava bronze the above mods are a must and maybe the utopia backrest for long rides. I agree with the color and decals, but have seen one from power sports wraps that was black racing stripes that looked cool. Also I think a nice gold pinstripe job would also give it a personal touch! Thinking I might do that. Enjoy the ride!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GMac View Post
    ...but what is the PDI (I don't have any problem asking the dealer to go over it with me but I should probably at least know what it is before I ask about it!).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    PDI=Pre Delivery Inspection. Dealers have a checklist they use to ensure they set the Spyder up right before delivering it to the customer. Good dealers will go over that checklist with you and explain/answer any questions you nay have.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you getting nervous yet??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nope, not nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are you getting nervous yet??
    But definitely anxious! The reality is that it's still pretty cold here but it's supposed to be up to 50 by the end of the week so I'm really hoping they have it ready by Friday!! I ordered the Bajaron sway bar that everyone told me about last night and have a couple of other things to order this weekend so though I'm not nervous I'm very anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new toy (because I have to be honest and say that it's probably the coolest of all the toys I'll ever own - and I've owned a LOT of toys).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And the farkling bug has already struck as well...
    You're gonna really have more fun than you can shake a grin at!
    By the way; whereabouts are you in the "United States"; it's a pretty big place...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm in Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    And the farkling bug has already struck as well...
    You're gonna really have more fun than you can shake a grin at!
    By the way; whereabouts are you in the "United States"; it's a pretty big place...
    Just south of the MA border, below Springfield, MA (it's about 15 minutes north of Hartford). Lots of great places to take a day trip around here so I'm really looking forward to that!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You'll have to venture a bit to the West... I'm in the Mid-Hudson region of NYS...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GMac View Post
    When I logged back in this evening I was shocked at how many people had responded and I wanted to thank all of you.

I do have a question - I am NOT mechanically inclined (I can fix your computer but don't ask me to fix much of anything else!!). For those that recommended the floorboards and the anti-sway bar (they sound like they may be my best bets for a limited budget and quick "fix"), can you tell me how easy/difficult they actually are to install? Is it something that a novice with no mechanical ability (but plenty of tools!) can do? I'm tempted to order them now so I have them ready to go when I'm able to pick it up but am leery of doing it simply because of my lack of ability.

Any sage advice you can pass along would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you again,
    Gary

If you have the SE5 the Seal Floorboards are a breeze to install. I have put them on both SE5 and SM5 - and the SE was as the other poster said - about 20 minutes.