Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default san antonio tx spyder riders

Anyone know of any Spyder rides close to San Antonio Tx. ?

Spyder Garage

Default Going to visit that area the end of May does that count

Quote Originally Posted by stevo62 View Post
    Looking forward to being in your area for a few days got any suggestions of what I must see? Do be or where to eat?? Thks
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Bandera

We live in Bandera, and ride with the Meetup Group Hill Country Motorcycle Riders out of SA..
    We will be leaving on the Apirl 22nd for Spyderfest.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) LindaG's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 3 Sisters

Going North out of Bandera (NW of San Antonio on hwy 16) on 16 to Medina, tun West on 337 (sister 3), to Leakey (good place gas up) continue on West 337 to 335 (sister 1) Camp Wood. Turn North on 335 to state 41(going East) , turn South on 336 (sister 2) back to Leakey.It is a day ride from San Antonio up in to the hill country. Look out for dear, turkey, coyote and vultures. Might want to check in to staying over at Koyote Ranch on 16 (830-589-4695). Send me a MP if you get out this way.

Spyder Garage

Default san antonio rides

best bet set one up post it here and if you have a Facebook San Antonio area group post it and go ride

if you dont have the facebook page think about seting it up for greater San Antonio area is ill join up

there is a spyder ryders of america page you can post a ride on also

im in the shop or i would love to ride im itching to ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Looking forward to being in your area for a few days got any suggestions of what I must see? Do be or where to eat?? Thks
    Hi Murphybrown, are you gonna be here on vacation? . Some of the places we go eat are Rudys Bar-b-que on IH10 north , and texas pride BB-que on 1604 east and Hwy 87. As far as sight seeing theres the Alamo (I've never been there) , Seaworld and fiesta texas. . be carefull if your on your bike some 4 wheelers are nuts around here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    We live in Bandera, and ride with the Meetup Group Hill Country Motorcycle Riders out of SA..
    We will be leaving on the Apirl 22nd for Spyderfest.
    Ingramsail, are you riding to the Spyderfest i Ozark Mo. , Thanks for the meetup info I'll check it out, I'm gonna try and make it to the winter night party at Kent Power Sports on saturday, shoud be there after 5pm since I have to work(booo).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LindaG View Post
    Going North out of Bandera (NW of San Antonio on hwy 16) on 16 to Medina, tun West on 337 (sister 3), to Leakey (good place gas up) continue on West 337 to 335 (sister 1) Camp Wood. Turn North on 335 to state 41(going East) , turn South on 336 (sister 2) back to Leakey.It is a day ride from San Antonio up in to the hill country. Look out for dear, turkey, coyote and vultures. Might want to check in to staying over at Koyote Ranch on 16 (830-589-4695). Send me a MP if you get out this way.
    Hi LindaG, that sounds like a nice ride, I've been thru Campwood a few years ago, for sure I'll need a gps. Do you guys have 2 Spyders?. We just got ours in october last year and now my wife got her MC endorsement and want me to get another spyder and give her the one I have now, so I started saving money for another one. We'll send you a pm or mp if we go that way and yall do the same if in the area. We'll be at kent power sports on sat for that motorcycle party .

Spyder Garage

Default spyderfest ride

if your interested there is a group from the conroe chapter of spyder ryders of America heading out on the 22nd overnighting in clinton arkansas at the best western hillside inn (501)745-4700 they have a block of rooms at our rats ground floor for us might call soon i called today

i am riding up from corpus area to meet up about the same from San Antonio for you

we stayed here last year nice place

if not see you at Spyderfest
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tx web rider View Post
    best bet set one up post it here and if you have a Facebook San Antonio area group post it and go ride

if you dont have the facebook page think about seting it up for greater San Antonio area is ill join up

there is a spyder ryders of america page you can post a ride on also

im in the shop or i would love to ride im itching to ride
    Tx web rider , Are you in aransas pass?, we have a house in rockport so we go down there all the time, we'll probably be down there on easter weekend (fri-sat-and part of sunday). I'm planning on riding my bike down ther that weekend. I have a facebook but just under my name , not sure on how to set one upfor the Spyder group, I guess that would be a separate facebok page huh, I'm gonna have to as my son, maybe we can ride somewhere on that easter weekend .

Spyder Garage

Default Too many to see in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Of course you will want to see The Alamo. That done, you want to head out into the hill country just north of San Antonio out 281, IH10 west or Texas Hwy 16 toward Bandera. The most noted ride is called the “Twisted Sisters” that center on the three state hwys (335, 336 and 337) north and west of Leakey, Texas. The roads and scenery are second to none. You can look it up online under the name. There are sooo many roads around Bandera, Kerrville, Fredricksburg, Leakey (lake-ee), Dripping Springs, Wimberley, Luckenbach, Vanderpool, Utopia, etc. There are so many great BBQ shacks in Texas along the way that are way fun to test out. One place that my wife and I LOVE the Q but hate the ride is to City Market Barbeque in Luling, Texas, just east of SATX on IH 10 east toward Houston. Driftwood, Texas and Saltlick BBQ is great too. If near Fredricksburg do not miss Alamo Springs Cafe and their famous burgers on Jalpeno Cheese buns. It is so nice to ride in and near SATX especially the "hill country” (named for the gradual elevation change from the coastal plains south and east of SATX toward the Llano Estacado or High Plains of the Texas Panhandle. The sites are amazing and the area is RURAL to the max. It is a unique area of the US). Feel free to PM when you get close and of course our friend Linda and Daryl Ingram who previously added insight to your query will be glad to introduce you to Hill Country MC Riders group that they belong to. Nice group of riders. Big Texas “Howdy" to ya’.

Cleve

Spyder Garage

Default aransas pass

yes im in aransas pass hope to have my rs back home in a few days im way over due for some serous riding

i sent you a frends request add me and pm me your facebook id

Spyder Garage

I am also in NW San Antonio and look for a reason to ride. Interesting to know that there is a party at Kent Powersports. That is where I bought my Spyder. I do have plans to work on the Spyder this weekend (install anti-sway bar and relocate my XM radio. If things get done would like to go to Kents. I am a member of the Hill Country Riders, but do not receive any information on meets/rides. Is there an email list or web page where the meets are posted? I have vistied the Hill Country Page within SpyderLovers but do not see any activity there. If you want to ride, PM me or email at srwilli3@msn.com.. I am also planning a ride to Spyderfest, but cannot leave on the 22nd. I am planning on leaving the 23rd with one other rider. Welcome to join us..

2012 RT Limited
    SpiderWrap Graphics
    KewlMetal DualKewl FenderZ Running Lights
    TricLED Dual Running & Brake Lights
    Seal Floorboards
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar
    Utopia Backrest
    Diamond R Luggage Rack
    SpyderPops Upper Blockoff
    SpyderPops Catalytic Converter Shield

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i'm toally surprised none of you mentioned the san antonio riverwalk where theres lots of great resturants and clubs. plus the ride on the river.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

How do you ride a on the river?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by srwilli View Post
    I am also in NW San Antonio and look for a reason to ride. Interesting to know that there is a party at Kent Powersports. That is where I bought my Spyder. I do have plans to work on the Spyder this weekend (install anti-sway bar and relocate my XM radio. If things get done would like to go to Kents. I am a member of the Hill Country Riders, but do not receive any information on meets/rides. Is there an email list or web page where the meets are posted? I have vistied the Hill Country Page within SpyderLovers but do not see any activity there. If you want to ride, PM me or email at srwilli3@msn.com.. I am also planning a ride to Spyderfest, but cannot leave on the 22nd. I am planning on leaving the 23rd with one other rider. Welcome to join us..
    Hey srwilli, check out kents website ,theres some info on this saturdays event , I have to work but I'll be there after i get off , can't make the spyderfest this year but i'll plan on it next time , here is my email salsphotography@sbcglobal.net or pm me if you got on sat. I'm gonna instal the rear speakers on my rt tomorrow hopefully i can finish by friday nite.

Spyder Garage

Default San Antonio Tour

Howdy. I have experience leading City tour of San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country. I would be honored to show you the historical sights of the City and the Hill Country on our Spyders. It would be the same itinerary as the current "pricey" tour operators but at no cost other than your time and gas.

I start in downtown at 8 a.m., tour the Japanese Tea Gardens, the Missions, San Antonio Shoes factory, the San Fernando Cathedral, the Spanish Market, and much more. Tour is finished by 4 p.m.

Day Two leaves San Antonio at 8 a.m., and travels to the Lyndon Johnson ranch. We spend time for lunch and shopping in Fredericksburg and return by 4 p.m.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. Attention, any and all, Spyder ryders...I am willing to lead tours for everyone who has the time.

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

I live on the Northeast side of San Antonio and I'm looking to meet up with other Spyder Rider's.
    We ride every weekend.just came back from Fredericksburg & Johnson City trip. I would like to do the Three Sister ride next. If anyone want to join in let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Ride the Three Sisters Slow & See One of the Most Scenic Rides in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by crw8781 View Post
    I live on the Northeast side of San Antonio and I'm looking to meet up with other Spyder Rider's.
    We ride every weekend.just came back from Fredericksburg & Johnson City trip. I would like to do the Three Sister ride next. If anyone want to join in let me know!
    The Hill Country Motorcycle Riders of Texas (http://www.meetup.com/HCMR-of-Texas/) will ride the sisters on March 30. If you like to ride with a group from SA join the group or come as my guest.

The three sisters involve a lot of technical twists and turns which require a rider to be focused and experienced in order to ride, even if it is ridden slow. Though the map says it will take six hours and change, it will take all day. All day.
    We will be riding at a slow, easy pace the entire ride. That means we will be stopping where the scenery is nice and looking at the beautiful scenery while we are riding. It does not mean, however, that we will not be looking at the roads when we need to. There are plenty of tight turns where looking at the scenery is hazardous to your health.
    If you can't help holding back on the throttle and want to thunder down the roads, this is not the ride for you. We will be riding at or below, sometimes well below the posted speed limit. This is about laid back riding, scenery, and good food.
    I worked up an itinerary based on leaving and travel times to plan by. Big trip, and some of us may be dropping off as the ride goes on. I thought this would help.
    9:15 a.m. KSU @ Exxon on 1604/16
    Arrive Bandera Shell station @ 10:00 a.m.
    Leave Bandera @ 10:15 a.m.
    Arrive Leakey, Lunch at Bent Rim @11:20 a.m.
    Leave on Sisters routes @ 12:15 p.m.
    Meet back at Stripes in Leakey @ 2:20 p.m.
    Leave for Bandera: @ 2:45 p.m.
    Arrive Bandera: @ 4:00 p.m.
    Arrive Hills and Dales @ 4:45 p.m.
    Gas: at Exxon where ride begins in San Antonio, Bandera 32 miles from San Antonio start, then Leakey 50 miles from there, then Camp Wood, another 21 miles from there, again in Bandera, 50 miles from there. Keep your bike topped up.
    In case you haven't ridden in groups, or it has been awhile since you have, Click here for a guide on how to ride in groups.
    House rules: No limits on reservations. I watch the weather before we go. If it is too wet at leaving time in San Antonio, or Bandera and Leakey for the times we arrive there, we reschedule. We gather where there is coffee. Pre-ride brief begins at 9. We leave at 9:15. Passengers need not RSVP. Last time a few wanted to join in Bandera. No problem, just be at the Shell Station and let us know you are coming. I want to go as much as you do. Will move Heaven and Earth to make this happen this time.
    Here's the Route: http://goo.gl/maps/McMt2
    Total Miles: 264
    Planned stops at the Shell Station in Bandera and the Stripes store in Leakey. Then, once more at Leakey to eat at the Bent Rim Grill or a pace of your choice and to gas up before and after doing the sisters. Final stop is at the Exxon station in Bandera before heading for our ending spot at Hills and Dales in San Antonio.

Spyder Garage

I'll be there add me to the list!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Ed is the ride leader and your signup as my guest . Need to be there in time to gas up and ride meeting at 9:00.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LindaG View Post
    This is a great ride - I'll be at Koyote Ranch on the weekend of the 15th, if you over here at that time. Always do the Twisted Sisters then (and get a new shirt at the Frio shop, near the beginning of 337).

Have fun!

Spyder Garage

Any other San Antonio Rider want to Join three sister ride this weekend?

Spyder Garage

I wish I could but I'm riding down to rockport this weekend,

Spyder Garage

Default SA TX native Spyder RT rider...

I live in College Station, but ride in to San Antonio/Castroville to visit my parents frequently. We usually end up riding up into the Hill Country. Just can't seem to find any roads better in Texas Maybe we could get together and ride some weekend.

Les