Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Anybody having Problems with ordering from Kewl Metal?

On 25 February I ordered the Kewl Metal air intake kit for my Spyder. I received a confirmation email that stated that my order was 'processing'. On 2 March I sent an email asking if it had shipped yet. This was answered on 6 March, when they told me that it was back ordered with an ETA of for 1 to 2 weeks. I have not heard anything since then and my emails are going unanswered. Had I not sent the inquiry I probably would not have been told about the back order.

I've spread a fair amount of cash across a significant number of the site sponsors, but this is my 1st order to Kewl Metal. This is the only vendor I've had and issue with. Is this non-responsiveness normal for them? I know if there was an alternate source I would have canceled as soon as I was told the item is back ordered. Unfortunately there is no alternate source.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Default Kewlmetal delay

I ordered a GPS mount from Kewlmetal and it took a long time (over 2 months) to come in as well. I wrote them several times but they answered each time with a reason why I hadn't received it. I was disappointed with the delays as I'm used to whatever I order coming in within a week. However, when the mount came in it looked great and fit like a glove. So my quality rating is a 10 (high) and the shipping speed rating is a 1.
    KS

Spyder Garage

If they went to Daytona, they won't have been home. It is a small company, not a warehouse operation with dozens of employees and a huge inventory of specialty parts.. I'd suggest a phone call, and a follow-up in a week or so if you get no results. In this case patience can pay off.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i ordered a gizmo mount at Christmastime and got good, timely service ... very happy.

but they are a small company.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

This is not unusual for Kewlmetal, they're a bit slow but their products are worth the wait.

Spyder Garage

I agree

Spyder Garage

I ordered the radiator vent from them and got it pretty quick.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    i ordered a gizmo mount at Christmastime and got good, timely service ... very happy.

but they are a small company.

thehawk
    Ditto!!!

Chris

Spyder Garage

Small company with good products or not, I'm even more pi22ed than I was before. Just got off the phone with Kewl Metal and was told that they are back ordered at least two weeks from today! That puts it at more than 6 weeks since I placed my order. It wouldn't be so bad, except I've completely removed the factory airbox as part of the large number of upgrades and farkles I've been doing. So now the Spyder is unrideable until my order arrives.

This will be my last Kewl Metal order and I will never recommend them to anyone else.

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Anybody having Problems with ordering from Kewl Metal?

I feel your pain DR. Their customer service isn't just bad.....it's often non-existent. They've had these same complaints and problems for at least 3 years now. I've had terrible delays and non-response from them with every order I've placed. Unfortunately with some of their products...nobody else makes or sells them.

Not meaning to bash these guys, but bad service is bad service.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Reorganization

Maybe they are in reorganization and changing their name to Cruel Metal.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Saw the charge appear on my credit card today so I called Kewl metal again. Well apparently my 'item' is definitely leaving their warehouse today.

My Mods -

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well Dr. Buck guess I'll be in the same boat as you. I just ordered the kewl metal performance intake kit just today.

Spyder Garage

Default Here we go again

After massive frustration I thought I'd give Kewl Metal another chance. 13 days ago I order a small semi expensive item from their web site. Along with the order I asked them to let me know if the item was in stock or not.

12 days ago I got this message:

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

Not a word since, including an answer to if it was in stock or not. According to their web site the status is the same it was 12 days ago. Today I sent them an email with another question:

Is this something I'm going to see in my lifetime or should I cancel and look for some other supplier?

After this I'm through with Kewl Metal.

My Mods -

Spyder Garage

So today, nearly 3 weeks after the order was placed I find out the item I ordered is not in stock and is back ordered.

After this I'm through with Kewl Metal.

My Mods -

Spyder Garage

Well the helmet lock set I ordered on 9 May that I wanted to use at the Maggie Valley owners event came today. I as told at least 6 times there were shipping within the next week. 10 weeks later they show up. The bad thing is one of them is missing one of the 2mm stainless steel screws that hold them together. Looks like another call to Kewl Metal tomorrow.

My Mods -

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Well the helmet lock set I ordered on 9 May that I wanted to use at the Maggie Valley owners event came today. I as told at least 6 times there were shipping within the next week. 10 weeks later they show up. The bad thing is one of them is missing one of the 2mm stainless steel screws that hold them together. Looks like another call to Kewl Metal tomorrow.
    Thats just out right Blow's

Spyder Garage

A trick I use to get kewl metal parts is to order them from another company that stocks and resells KM parts. And email or call them to make sure they have it in stock first if you're in a hurry.

The other way I survive this without medication is to just not be in a hurry.

It took 10 weeks to get KM handlebars for my wife's GS, but it was snowing so...

Other times I order parts and they show up in 2 days.

They make great stuff if you can stand the wait.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!