Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Angry 32000.00 will get you nothing! Still no bike! UPDATED MAR 24

I am not going into to many details with this post but I do want to warn people about the 2013 Spyders. If you have a good one , CONGRATULATIONS.

I did post something earlier and a couple of forum members commented about it. I deleted it because I thought I may have been to quick to judge. However I can tell you that without a doubt BRP has no desire to help. If you are employed with BRP and you read this please take the time to call me. Just PM me and Ill fill you in. Or better yet call BRP. They know me and my bike that seems to live at Big Number 1. I have only ridden the bike two times. I have even made a payment on it. And it is still at the dealer with no hope of being fixed.

I am giving them till Friday to have my bike perfect and returned to me. I have given BRP every chance to repair the bike. I have bent over backwards and waited nearly a month. After Friday I have to proceed legally. I just want to warn people that the 2013 models have serious suspension issues. It has very little to do with ball joints. Maybe some have had good luck with that repair but guess what,,,,they haven't found the cure for weak suspension by replacing ball joints.

Can you tell i'm pissed. Yes I am .
    Last edited by rabtech; 04-13-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: having hope

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know how it is to not get satisfaction from a manufacturer..Mine was not with BRP,but another one..But,I do know once you mention lawyers or legal action,they will not talk to you after that..What they say may be used against them..Just sayin..Good Luck..That is a lot of money not to be able to enjoy it..

Spyder Garage

Default 32000.00 will get you nothing! Still no bike! AND BRP SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I know how it is to not get satisfaction from a manufacturer..Mine was not with BRP,but another one..But,I do know once you mention lawyers or legal action,they will not talk to you after that..What they say may be used against them..Just sayin..Good Luck..That is a lot of money not to be able to enjoy it..
    Very true.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post

Ive already made it clear to BRP that I'm giving them till Friday. I am pretty sure they understand Im at my last resort. And they cant get anymore tight lipped. They always have their usual response. "ill email tech and get some more info" They are completely lost and have no information.
    Last edited by rabtech; 03-18-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

Hate to see it get to this but understand your frustration. Hope they come through. Good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I don't know your story, but I can say, it is my opinion, that part of your problem is dealing with Big Number 1. Try Motorsports Superstore in Hamilton, AL. I am in Centreville and I take my bike to Hamilton for service.
    Last edited by sonicsix; 03-18-2013 at 11:26 PM.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

I've heard about the problems with some (many) of the 2013s...I think a lot depends on the dealer, but I don't know that for a fact. If it was me I'd simply get my payment back and go buy another brand of trike (or bike). Time to cut your loses and move on.

IMHO.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I can't speak for Alabama, but my own experience is totally opposite to yours.
    I have a 2010, and for the first two years it was fraught with problems.
    BRP systematically repaired all of them.

Again, from my own experience, I'd say you have a problem with your dealer, not with BRP.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry you are having issues and wish you the best. Hate reading posts such as yours. I do have a '13 on order and have been watching and reading. I do have a lot of faith in my dealer. BRP should make it right.

Spyder Garage

Best of luck. Please let us know what happens.
    David
    2012 Spyder RTS SE5 - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since we don't have much to go on... Good Luck, and enjoy riding your other bikes!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm truly sorry that you are apparently having problems, BUT I certainly wouldn't start a thread topic with BRP sucks. As Willy Nelson said in a recent outlaw country song. "That S#*^! Just Ain't Right Man".

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's certainly not going to help the mood of the folks who might be trying to help you...
    I know one of the Reps that you mentioned... They do see what goes on in here, and do try to help...
    I think that your problem may be with the dealer.
    (Sorry!)

Spyder Garage

Maybe it's time to get your money back and move on to a different trike or bike. From all of the posts I've read, it is the ball joints that have caused the handling problems on the '13s. Those that have been replaced report all is well. I haven't read all of your post so I am not sure of the extent of your problems but you are obviously not happy. The suspension has been improved on the 2013's, "serious suspension issues" "weak suspension"? I disagree, that's just not true. Good luck with the outside chance that the spyder will be corrected and you will end up happy with the Spyder and Thrilled to ride it like the 10's of thousands of us that are. I am hoping that the Right person from BRP (not the dealer) is in contact with you.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm truly sorry that you are apparently having problems, BUT I certainly wouldn't start a thread topic with BRP sucks. As Willy Nelson said in a recent outlaw country song. "That S#*^! Just Ain't Right Man".

Chris
    You catch a bear with honey.

ivor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    You catch a bear with honey.

ivor
    I just dont know anymore. I made the topic with what "I feel" is correct verbage. They do suck! I will go ahead and change it because maybe , just maybe, they can do more than send emails and make phone calls. Lets see what happens today!
    Last edited by rabtech; 03-19-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Having hope

Spyder Garage

First I want to say I feel for you. You paid your money and you should have gotten the product that was advertised. Of course we live in an imperfect world and stuff does happen.

Step 2 in this scenario should have been a quick and accurate diagnosis and repair. It sounds like this is not what happened and this is where it gets sad.

One of the problems with this kind of thing is that we very seldom get the whole story. Missing information can make all the difference in reaching an accurate conclusion. Not saying you're holding back or leaving things out, just that there are at least 3 sides to this. You the customer, the dealership and BRP.

Clearly it is in BRP's best interest to get this fixed. I know BRP is working very hard to correct the steering issues that cropped up on some of the 2013's and it appears from all but this report (as far as I can tell) that BRP has resolved this problem.

I had problems with my 2008 GS and BRP was very good about finding the problem and my dealership was very good about working with me to get things resolved. That is the way it is supposed to work. So where is the breakdown in your situation?

It seems to me that, for the most part, BRP is BRP. Each case may be different but BRP seems to, in general, handle things the same. However, dealerships vary greatly in the way they handle issues and how they interface with BRP and with the customer.

Not having all the facts I'm just speculating. But I've seen it before where a dealership will tell the customer one thing and be saying something completely different to the manufacturer. It may well be that your problem is with the dealership and not with BRP. BRP can't send someone out to do repairs every time something goes wrong. That is what dealerships are for.

Whatever is going on here, I sincerely hope it gets worked out. A properly functioning Spyder is one of the best rides on the planet and there are thousands of us who have experienced the good side of this coin.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Maybe it's time to get your money back and move on to a different trike or bike. From all of the posts I've read, it is the ball joints that have caused the handling problems on the '13s. Those that have been replaced report all is well. I haven't read all of your post so I am not sure of the extent of your problems but you are obviously not happy. The suspension has been improved on the 2013's, "serious suspension issues" "weak suspension"? I disagree, that's just not true. Good luck with the outside chance that the spyder will be corrected and you will end up happy with the Spyder and Thrilled to ride it like the 10's of thousands of us that are. I am hoping that the Right person from BRP (not the dealer) is in contact with you.
    I can tell you that if you will put a 2012 beside a 2013 and open the trunk and push down on the suspension you will be amazed how soft the new 2013 is. It will pogo up and down like a spring on a ball point pen. It has no adjustment. I guess they figured that everyone in 2013 will be the same size and ride exactly the way they want them to.

I loved the 2012, It was my test ride. It handled perfect. I just wish it was as easy as them giving me my money back. If so, hell i would buy the test bike. I am stuck now with nothing but a payment....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    I can tell you that if you will put a 2012 beside a 2013 and open the trunk and push down on the suspension you will be amazed how soft the new 2013 is. It will pogo up and down like a spring on a ball point pen. It has no adjustment. I guess they figured that everyone in 2013 will be the same size and ride exactly the way they want them to.

I loved the 2012, It was my test ride. It handled perfect. I just wish it was as easy as them giving me my money back. If so, hell i would buy the test bike. I am stuck now with nothing but a payment....
    Was one of the posters on your original post. You may or may not remember (you deleted it)

Anyway, you said you are a "BIG GUY" and I responded there are many of us who are big and have changed our front shocks to Elka's. Being big played into that decision.

More expense. Yep it is. But, best bet is the shocks on the '13 with no load adjustment capability simply aren't going to work for you, and replacing them with something that will, would put most of your problem to rest.

Is it BRP's fault. I'll not judge that. They, will have to.

So, for peace of mind and to end your headache, take the hit and upgrade the shocks. You'll be glad you did and this headache will end. jmy2c.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 03-19-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Was one of the posters on your original post. You may or may not remember (you deleted it)

Anyway, you said you are a "BIG GUY" and I responded there are many of us who are big and have changed our front shocks to Elka's. Being big played into that decision.

More expense. Yep it is. But, best bet is the shocks on the '13 with no load adjustment capability simply aren't going to work for you, and replacing them with something that will would put most of your problem to rest.

Is it BRP's fault. I'll not judge that. They, will have to.

So, for peace of mind and to end your headache, take the hit and upgrade the shocks. You'll be glad you did it and this headache will end. jmy2c.

I fully believe this is the answer.. I already called ELKA and they advised me they have had no access to a 2013 RT and havent created any shocks for that model yet. I then called Progressive and they advised me the same thing. I wouldnt hesitate for a second to purchase WITH MY MONEY a set of good shocks. I shouldnt have to , BUT I WOULD. AND if anyone here can point me to someone that has good adjustable shocks for a 2013 RT please message me. Post it here. Give me the part number!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It'll take the aftermarket a little while to catch up to the new design.
    But PitBull, or Trooper should be able to give you a lot more info on this; they're 2 guys who know this stuff!

Spyder Garage

I fully believe this is the answer.. I already called ELKA and they advised me they have had no access to a 2013 RT and havent created any shocks for that model yet. I then called Progressive and they advised me the same thing. I wouldnt hesitate for a second to purchase WITH MY MONEY a set of good shocks. I shouldnt have to , BUT I WOULD. AND if anyone here can point me to someone that has good adjustable shocks for a 2013 RT please message me. Post it here. Give me the part number!!!!!!
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the rear shocks on the 2013 RT-S "Limited" the same as the 2012? What I mean by this is that they are adjustable?
    The rear shocks mind you.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I was not aware there weren’t replacements available for the '13. Hope someone chimes in. Glad to hear you're willing to do it though

Hope it all works out for you. Really!

Spyder Garage

And also I am not sure that 320 is that big. I ride a Ducati Diavel and have no problems with it. I also ride a VTX1800R and a Triumph Rocket 3. None of which I have ever had a problem with weight. WAIT! all those bike had adjustable shocks.......

wheelie1post.JPGducati.jpg

Im sorry I couldn't resist . I really am a nice guy. I love to ride. I love bikes. I just hate not having any luck getting this one fixed.

Spyder Garage

Cool

And also I am not sure that 320 is that big. I ride a Ducati Diavel and have no problems with it. I also ride a VTX1800R and a Triumph Rocket 3. None of which I have ever had a problem with weight. WAIT! all those bike had adjustable shocks.......

wheelie1post.JPGducati.jpg

Im sorry I couldn't resist . I really am a nice guy. I love to ride. I love bikes. I just hate not having any luck getting this one fixed.
    Nice, well intentioned guys seem to be the ones who expect others to be the same way. We both know that it doesn't always work out that way. Hope to meet you one day.

Sounds like you have a pretty full stable of bikes!