Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default A big thank you for making it a awesome meet and greet GREEN ACERS SPYDER RIDE!

Just wanted to shout out and say thank you to all the people that made it to Green Acres Spyder ride this past Saturday. It was absolutely a great adventure and a pleasure to meet so many Spyder owners. The ride was flawless even though we had fog here and there.
    At our first meet up spot in West Los Angeles I hooked up with Mario Koger, Lee Lahargoue, Rick Landtow and Sonya Battee . When Lee pulled up in his brand new 2013 White RT Limited pearl white I was drooling with envy! Rick just got his Spyder back from the amazing mechanic Lou (The Pirate) of West Coast Spyder. We shoved off to our second stop in Granada Hills to meet up with Carlo Boiser, Bill Heard and Jim (Blackfoot) Keith.

Our third and final stop was in Moorpark where we met Bill Ball, Bill Adams, Fernando Mendoza, his nephew, and Francisco (Paco) Garcia who’s yellow 2013 RT was glowing. We had a nice Meet and Greet. Just before we shoved off Dennis Smith of Tri-County Power Sports Dealership that was across from our meeting spot pulls up in a shinning yellow 2008 RS in mint condition with only 2000 miles on it. He was nice enough to offer coffee and donuts to our riders and said that anytime we had a ride out that way again he would be our host and offered his place of business for meeting spots or gatherings. Super nice fellow! BTW if anyone is interested in the yellow RS give him a call.

Bill Ball was our Road Captain who led us through the back roads of Moorpark. It was outstanding with all kinds of orchards and some of the coolest looking old farm houses. We made our way through Santa Paula where we took a brief moment so I could do a camera change out. (Previous to us pulling over we went through a fog bank that had a lot of moisture. Had the two GoPro’s in weather protective cases but not the big boy professional video camera mounted on the front trunk. The equipment survived and I will post some amazing video and pictures later of the ride. With another 30 minutes of riding we drove through the sleepy town of Ojai. You never get tired of the looks of people staring and pointing when they see a group of cool looking Spyders. Cameras were out when we stopped at a long traffic light. A few turns and another few miles we arrived at our lunch stop, The Deer Lodge Restaurant. We all took time to meet and greet everyone looking at everyone’s bike and seeing what modifications had been done. Fernando had these gooseneck clips that held his Iphone and when he did his playback I was jealous that I had $400.00 worth of clamps, suction cups and small speed rails holding my cameras when his $14.95 clamp did a great job! Oh well. Tomorrow I will be writing my ads on ebay for my fancy dancy camera mounts!

Heather, one of the managers of the Dear Lodge went out of her way in giving us a room to ourselves. We all got a chance to do some Spyder bonding which continued when the food was served. Their food is off the hook and their barbecue is to die for. Their service was flawless with our drink glasses never being empty. Even Jim was pleased as he drank pot after pot never giving anyone else a chance for a cup. Just kidding, but Jim is a coffee drinker. (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

We were there for two hours and came away with knowing that friendships were made and riding buddies were formed. We all decided to meet in Ventura and finish our ride at Starbucks. (Yes Jim had coffee).

The only down side was the gridlock traffic for some of us going back into the city.

I want to take this opportunity on the Spyderlovers forum to thank everyone who showed up as well as the people that emailed me that could not make this ride. I am already working on a new ride so keep watching here for future details.

Thank you all for making it a fun experience.
    Safe riding
    ScottyB

Keep checking back on this forum to see our next ride. In April we have a couple of rides planned and we are working out the details. The one I am keeping my fingers crossed is the Ironman 3 premier that will have our spyders and riders in play with all the action.
    Stay tuned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like it was a great ryde. Wish I could have made it, but it was my daughters birthday. I hope to make it to the next one.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default What! no pic's..!

Listen I'm illiterate, need pictures..!! How many spyders.?? Sounds like a great time. Did not have enough time to get up there. Maybe the next ryde I can get up to LA the night before...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black