Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Gas Cap

Spyder Garage

Righty tightly, lefty loosey...got it, have to write that down.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Anyone found out what Stant cap will fit? Too many of these things are failing and I don't want to be stuck somewhere out of gas.
    3:16

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "new" gas cap. I have a 2014 and Can Am hasn't sent ME a new gas cap. My old one is stuck. The gas station had vise grips but they didn't help. It ratchets in both directions, so I guess the channel locks come next. Is there a GOOD gas cap in the auto parts stores?

The new Gas Cap was for the 2010 spyder RT S. You will not be getting one as your gas cap is the new version.
    The ratchet is broken on your current gas cap . I think the only solution is a pair of channel locks to remove the gas cap.
    Good Luck.

I am not sure what gas cap would be suitable for the spyder other than an OEM gas cap because of the thickness of O rings on the OEM gas cap.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got mine off with great pressure and vice grips. But now it won't go on or come off. Just spins freely.
    Just leave the gas cap off as it might not come off when you need gas and don not have channel locks with you. You need to get a new one. Sorry to say your current gas cap is now garbage.

Spyder Garage

Stant 10833 solved my problem.
    3:16

Spyder Garage

I don't know what you mean by "new" gas cap. I have a 2014 and Can Am hasn't sent ME a new gas cap. My old one is stuck. The gas station had vise grips but they didn't help. It ratchets in both directions, so I guess the channel locks come next. Is there a GOOD gas cap in the auto parts stores?
    The "New" gas cap was one realised as a recall in 2013 (January 2013 I think) so you will have the "New" one on your Spider already.

Before the recall people used to recommend fitting the Commander ones as they fit but were much tougher than the standard ones.