Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

have heard many thoughts/concerns/opinions regarding IRON BUTT, is this some sort of club ? Any info/ideas on this thought, how to become involved ? How is it proven ? Let the games begin. Thank's.

Spyder Garage
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default long distance riding

I completed a SadelSore 2000/KM here down under using a Air Hawk cousing. no problem.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My problem isn't that the OEM seat on my RT isn't uncomfortable; the problem is that on hot days while wearing bluejeans I feel like I'm getting a diaper rash from sweating so much. I don't know if the Airhawk would be good for keeping the butt cooler, or if I should wait until I can see what the sheepskin seats can do when I get to the SpyderFest. And I use powder before riding.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Long Distance Riding

Try a "BeadRider"... Cool & comfortable!

Beadrider.jpg
    Last edited by cjackg; 04-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwmcclellan View Post
    My problem isn't that the OEM seat on my RT isn't uncomfortable; the problem is that on hot days while wearing bluejeans I feel like I'm getting a diaper rash from sweating so much. I don't know if the Airhawk would be good for keeping the butt cooler, or if I should wait until I can see what the sheepskin seats can do when I get to the SpyderFest. And I use powder before riding.
    Ahhh, the joys of having Monkey Butt! In all fairness, it is more the individual and the weather that determine how much you sweat and how much it bothers you...not the seat itself. Without other measures almost any seat can feel hot and sweaty...it is how comfortable it is that counts. If it doesn't fit, it will hurt.

There are exceptions. SpyderPops has a seat with ventilated fabric that does pretty well. I forget the brand, ask him. An Alaska Leather sheepskin can help. It seems like this would do the opposite, but it doesn't really. As mentioned, lots of folks swear by the BeadRider. If you don't have a bony butt like mine, it might work for you. That one breathes the best. Talcum powder or Monkey Butt Powder can help. Wicking polypropylene technical undergarments help, too. Just a side note...in the rain wicking undewear works in the opposite direction. If your raingear has a leak, it can soak up water like a sponge. Don't ask how I know.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!