Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I WAS TOLD I WAS 1 OF 1500 1stOWNERS MY # IS 2828 ????

I ORDERD AND PAYED 6-07 FOR A 2008 FULL MOON, TOLD THAT I WAS 1 OF 1500 ,MEMBER OF A 1st OWNERS GROUP, I RECIEVED THE JACKET. I TOOK DELIVERY OF MY SPYDER ON 3-28-08 (RIGHT ON TIME) AND MY NUMBER IS 2,828.....NOBODY CAN TELL ME WHAT'S UP WITH THIS....CAN ANYONE HELP CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME??? I LIVE IN THE STATE OF MAINE,THERE IS 5 OF US THAT BOUGHT TOGETHER WITHIN ONE WEEK. WE ALL RECIEVED THE COATS, WE ALL HAVE NUMBERS 2,000 & UP !!!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: I WAS TOLD I WAS 1 OF 1500 1stOWNERS MY # IS 2828 ????

Quote Originally Posted by brayot
    I ORDERD AND PAYED 6-07 FOR A 2008 FULL MOON, TOLD THAT I WAS 1 OF 1500 ,MEMBER OF A 1st OWNERS GROUP, I RECIEVED THE JACKET. I TOOK DELIVERY OF MY SPYDER ON 3-28-08 (RIGHT ON TIME) AND MY NUMBER IS 2,828.....NOBODY CAN TELL ME WHAT'S UP WITH THIS....CAN ANYONE HELP CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME??? I LIVE IN THE STATE OF MAINE,THERE IS 5 OF US THAT BOUGHT TOGETHER WITHIN ONE WEEK. WE ALL RECIEVED THE COATS, WE ALL HAVE NUMBERS 2,000 & UP !!!
    This thread has the explanation from BPR. By the way it is the first 2500 not 1500 that was classified as first owners group. Anyway, read this and I hope it helps. http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=699.0
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think Can Am should be forced to authenticate that only 2500 PE were sold in North America.. But Then thats just me....3505

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jake007
    I think Can Am should be forced to authenticate that only 2500 PE were sold in North America.. But Then thats just me....3505
    You know, I was upset about all this number stuff too. I have Silver #2518 and then my husband got Yellow #3783 and he wasn't happy about that for sure. But now that we have had them a few weeks, they are just plain fun and we love them. I have pretty much forgotten about the whole Premier Edition number thing. As I mentioned before, it is almost liberating. Now I don't feel like I have to keep it totally stock and I can do some mods to my Spyder. My husband just said, I don't go around town driving and staring at the number on my handle bars. I believe the last Premier Edition number on a Spyder is 3856 or something like that. So even if they did sell that many in the US, it is still a small number compared to how many will be out there. I personally have let it go and I don't stress about it. I would rather be ryding. I hope you have so much fun on your Spyder that you too can enjoy and forget the number issue.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jake007
    I may be wrong, but I bet anyone would be hard pressed to find any assurances from BRP in writing that stated they would only sell 2500 PE models. The statements were all vague enough that they (Im willing to bet) have kept any promise they made concerning the PE editions. It was a promotional sales gimmick, that WORKED.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Where are you folks located in the state of Maine. I originally was from Camden, down on Penobscot Bay. Do you have a Spyder dealer in Maine?

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    ... I have Silver #2518 and then my husband got Yellow #3783 and he wasn't happy about that for sure...
    Just to clarify my position, I was not really upset by my high Premier Edition number. I bought mine because I liked the looks, the safety factor and the fun factor of the Spyder. I was upset by BRP's handling or, more appropriately, mis-handling of the Premier Editions. It started back when they were shipping the first units to CA and FL instead of some northern states last year when folks in the northern states only had about a month left of potential riding weather before they would have to put them up for the winter. Then, when the Premier Edition numbers first started to be questioned by Spyder owners, BRP seemed to give vague answers to what, where, why and how many. They cleared that up a few weeks back though by detailing how many demo and touring units were built in the PE series and admitted they made a mistake by shipping some PEs overseas. Now, my only concerns are what other mods I need to do to get this thing set up exactly how I want it to be truely "My Spyder"

Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31
    Where are you folks located in the state of Maine. I originally was from Camden, down on Penobscot Bay. Do you have a Spyder dealer in Maine?

Jack H.
    HI JACK, AS OF APRIL 1 2008, NORTH COUNTRY HARLEY-DAVIDSON IN AUGUSTA BECAME A DEALER. I BOUGHT MINE IN MASS. LAST YEAR, AT THE TIME IT WAS THE CLOSEST DEALER. I THINK THERE IS 5 DEALERS NOW IN MAINE. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION WHERE WE LIVE...FARMINGDALE, ABOUT 7 MILES FROM AUGUSTA,(OUR CAPITAL}.
    RIDE SAFE!!! BOB & BREANDA

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    This thread has the explanation from BPR. By the way it is the first 2500 not 1500 that was classified as first owners group. Anyway, read this and I hope it helps. http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=699.0
    THANK-YOU FOR THE EXPLANATION FROM B R P . THAT HELPS MY THINKING SOMEWHAT. RIDE SAFE!!! BOB