Spyder Garage

Default Going to BRP Owner's event in Maggie Valley - some questions

Talked to my wife today, she says it's fine if I want to go to Maggie Valley and the Owner's Event and Lamont's barbecue. I have a question.

This will be the first long trip I've ever taken on a Spyder. It's about 920 miles from my house to Maggie Valley. I was thinking about stopping about half way through for the night then drive the rest of the way the next day. Is this a good idea or should I take 3 days to drive?

Now all I've got to do is make reservations and get registered.

Thanks,

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Whatever is comfortable for you is what matters. Some folks may ride straight through, some may stop for a night or two. If you have the time, I would suggest taking a slow ride and enjoy the trip as well as the destination.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE JOURNEY

Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-25-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

If it's your first long journey by bike or by Spyder, 3 days may suit you better. 460 miles is a pretty decent (long) day, but it can be a bit much for a rookie road warrior. Lots of motorcyclists are more comfortable with 300-350 a day. Others, though, are happy with 1,000 or more. That being said, I'd personally do it in two...perhaps one long and one short, especially if I was alone. We have made enough long road trips to know our limits, however. That distance is a couple of 8 hour days, plus meals and rest stops, for most riders. If you are leaving your wife at home, you may be able to push farther, but think about it carefully. You don't want to hate the experience.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Going to BRP Owner's event in Maggie Valley - some questions

I would suggest 3 days that way you are not wore out when you arrive and will be able to enjoy the time you are at the owns event.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

No matter how many days you take just remember that the trip is half of the fun! See you there!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards