Thread: Pipe Question

Spyder Garage

Default Pipe Question

Does the 90 Magic Man sells allow you to retrofit any exhaust or just the Micron? Does it work with all Micron slip on exhausts or one specifically?

What makes an exhaust compatible or incompatible with the Spyder?
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Pipe Question

It will work with any 2 1/4" slip-on.

Spyder Garage

Whay 90 % do you need for the warrior pipe? Haven't made the final decision on Warrior vs. Micron. Would like to put them both on for a test, then decide.

Spyder Garage

As I'm looking at slip on pipes on various sites, I notice that they're all listed according to bike manufacturer and not by diameter. Why is this?
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pphantom538
    Whay 90 % do you need for the warrior pipe? Haven't made the final decision on Warrior vs. Micron. Would like to put them both on for a test, then decide.
    On my first Warrior pipe I welded on a 3" 90. On the one I did for Ron I cut the stock 90 off and welded it on the Warrior pipe. If I was going to do it now I would weld a 2.25 sleve on the Warrior pipe and then use Magic Mans 90, that way I could change pipes without messing with the welding part.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko
    As I'm looking at slip on pipes on various sites, I notice that they're all listed according to bike manufacturer and not by diameter. Why is this?
    That's the hard part about figuring out what can to get. :

Spyder Garage

"As I'm looking at slip on pipes on various sites, I notice that they're all listed according to bike manufacturer and not by diameter. Why is this?"

Most people go looking for a pipe for their XYZ model bike and in as much this type of listing makes it easier for the average person to look up a pipe for their bike. The Spyder being so new and limited in production numbers, none of the exhaust companies have even started making anything for the Spyder yet, more or less having a listing for it.

That is why we brought out our own 90. Because, back in January as a fellow Spyder rider I wanted something else than the Hindle @ $600 for looks, cost and sound reasons. That is why I looked into having a 90 made. At first it was just for myself personally. But, being I am not much different than other Spyder riders, soon others wanted the freedom to pick the exhaust can they like too, and not have one forced upon them in a package deal scenario. So, that is why we invested in the tooling and put the 90 into production to allow others that freedom.

Almost all companies can, and will be able to look up the pipe specs if you contact them direct. We feel the freedom to buy a can that has the style, price, and sound a person likes for his or her taste is what it is all about. Not forcing any patucluar style or design of pipe on a person by making our 90 come with a can and then calling it a "system."

So, we researched what size pipe inlet diameter would have enough flow for the engine in a size that would allow people to be able to have the most choices. We found many, many companies make a slip on in a 2 1/4 inch diameter inlet so that is how this all started.

Because, as a fellow Spyder rider I wanting something cool, different, economical and practical for my Spyder just like all of you. At the time nobody was making it, so I had it made the way I wanted and now offer that freedsom to all of you too.

[URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    "As I'm looking at slip on pipes on various sites, I notice that they're all listed according to bike manufacturer and not by diameter. Why is this?"

Most people go looking for a pipe for their XYZ model bike and in as much this type of listing makes it easier for the average person to look up a pipe for there bike. The Spyder being so new and limited in production numbers, none of the exhaust companies have even started making anything for the Spyder yet, more or less having a listing for it.

That is why we brought out our own 90. Because, back in January as a fellow Spyder rider I wanted something else than the Hindle @ $600 for looks, cost and sound reasons. That is why I looked into having a 90 made. At first it was just for myself personally. But, being I am not much different than other Spyder riders, soon others wanted the freedom to pick the exhaust can they like too, and not have one forced upon them in a package deal scenario. So, that is why we invested in the tooling and put the 90 into production to allow others that freedom.

Almost all companies can, and will be able to look up the pipe specs if you contact them direct. We feel the freedom to buy a can that has the style, price, and sound a person likes for his or her taste is what it is all about. Not forcing any patucluar style or design of pipe on a person by making our 90 come with a can and then calling it a "system."

So, we researched what size pipe inlet diameter would have enough flow for the engine in a size that would allow people to be able to have the most choices. We found many, many companies make a slip on in a 2 1/4 inch diameter inlet so that is how this all started.

Because, as a fellow Spyder rider I wanting something cool, different, economical and practical for my Spyder just like all of you. At the time nobody was making it, so I had it made the way I wanted and now offer that freedsom to all of you too.

Awesome! I can't help but read this with a New York (Manhattan) accent though.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

It's not quite that bad we're from from up by Albany so it's not quite the Sopranos but close. Bada bing!. 8)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    On my first Warrior pipe I welded on a 3" 90. On the one I did for Ron I cut the stock 90 off and welded it on the Warrior pipe. If I was going to do it now I would weld a 2.25 sleve on the Warrior pipe and then use Magic Mans 90, that way I could change pipes without messing with the welding part.
    Thank you. Ordered the 2.25 90 from MM with the triple play. Great suggestion, then I can try the micron and warrior, both of which I have.

Spyder Garage

Let us know how it works with the other pipe?

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a part#'s for The Micron muffler that will fit for the Spyder?
    Sources with he best prices?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

WE have the Microns that work with this pipe and we are giving Spyderlover club members a 10% off the Micron list when purchased with a 90.

Spyder Garage

Which bike does the micron actually list for ? Does it come in a carbon fiber ?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

What would the out the door $price for the micron pipe and stainless 90 be ??????????

SPYMAN
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

Spyder Garage

Spyman, Just give us a call at the shop (518) 527-9722 and we can help you out. As there are several different types and colors of Microns to choose from and all have a different price. Also if you join the Spyderlovers club you can get a discount too.