Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default "Tour of Honor" Motorcycle Rally (US and Canada) - Update

This is information that will be valuable to many forum members across the US and in Canada.

The "Tour of Honor" motorcycle rally (flyer attached;
    www.tourofhonor.com) is unique: It lasts for six months (April 1st to October 31st) and participants choose which memorial sites they wish to ride to. The rally rules are available on the www.tourofhonor.com site.

The idea is that there are seven veterans/service memorials/monuments selected for each participating state (and there are 40 states this year as well as one province). If a rider visits all seven locations in one state, he "qualifies" as a finisher. The locations are purposely spread out so riders get to travel the entire state and not just collect sites in a single day.

If riders want to collect more than one state's memorials, great! If they want to ride cross-country visiting sites, greater!

The rally provides a fun incentive for visiting the sites and honoring those who've fought and died for me, my family, my country, and my freedom.

With six months to qualify as a finisher, there's no pressure to speed or take risks or ride for longer than one feels comfortable. This is NOT an endurance rally nor is there any benefit over-taxing one's self. Mainly, it's to encourage folks to visit memorials and take a moment to honor those who have served in our military or as law enforcement officers or firefighters.

When I discovered the "Tour of Honor" rally last year, I started my quest to capture and provide information on all of the memorials in the state of Utah (and I also volunteered to be the rally's sponsor for Utah state, which I am). I've created a website for all of the sites that I've found so far which can be viewed at
    www.utahs-service-memorials.com. To my knowledge, this is the only site of its kind anywhere. I hope to capture ALL of the memorials in Utah (simple plaques excluded) and then keep the site current as new sites are created.

All of the cities where the memorials are located in Utah are listed on my site and, if one clicks on the city link, he/she can view a presentation with photos of and information about the memorial as well as nearby points of interest.

If forum members would like to participate in the Tour of Honor rally, they can register at
    www.tourofhonor.com

There is a registration fee to participate in the rally. $10 of that fee and all profits from the rally are donated to the Wounded Warrior Project (
    www.woundedwarriorproject.org) which does a great job of providing a variety of support services for veterans who've been critically injured in combat.

bc

P.S. As a courtesy to those forum members who've requested timely reminders, I'll post this message one more time just before April 1st.
    Attached Images Attached Images