Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Typical for some dealers. Call BRP customer service. Don't have a # for you but it should be in your owners manual.

Good luck!
    888 272 9222
    Customer Service Callcenter
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Yup, i get that scotty....but it seems like some newer people on here are having issues on recently purchased ones. Of course, I don't know the timeline of their actual purchase...
    The muddy timeline is probably more one of when their Spyder was produced and shipped. I don't think some dealers are paying attention to the VIN#s and dealing with this up front. I suspect there may also be some other issues involved, similar to the rash of alignment problems that also affected some of the new 2013s. The bottom line is..... If you have handling problems, and have tried real hard to overcome the natural tendency of new riders to overcontrol and/or steer the wrong way, insist that the dealer to make it right. Contact BRP Customer Support if necessary.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The muddy timeline is probably more one of when their Spyder was produced and shipped. I don't think some dealers are paying attention to the VIN#s and dealing with this up front. I suspect there may also be some other issues involved, similar to the rash of alignment problems that also affected some of the new 2013s. The bottom line is..... If you have handling problems, and have tried real hard to overcome the natural tendency of new riders to overcontrol and/or steer the wrong way, insist that the dealer to make it right. Contact BRP Customer Support if necessary.

Agreed 100%.... I'm sure there are many clueless dealers(the weakest link) regarding this issue or ignoring it, and also some that have bikes on the showroom floor already that are willing to chance selling them and "hope" they dont come back.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Cool!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Update: Just as a precaution, I was not going to let my dear wife drive this RTS with the wiggle.. so we picked up a RT Limited for her which drives so nice.

I still manage to get 600mile in for the service, since the dealer told me that I needed time to break it in and it may help with my comfort level.

Needless to day.. the comfort is still at the same level.."scary". I can't take my eyes off the road in fear that the bike might be heading into a ditch when I look back.

anyway, I emailed the dealer and I am sure he is frustrated but I purchase 2 units and a RT-622 trailer from him during my 600mile service too. I plan to get another trailer if I can ever feel comfortable taking the wiggle out of the first bike.

We had plans for a Colorado camping trip this August for our 10th year, but looks like it will be adjusted to only 1 bike instead of 2 bikes like we originally planned but we better do it before we end up loosing interest.. 2 bikes was planned since I was considering more load for each trailer, and safety if one Spyder should give us problems in the mountains.

Has anyone done the http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/cottonwood_pass.htm cottonwood pass camping?

Close to Buena Vista, where I will have a cabin in case weather or wife decides she wants put the bikes in garage and take shelter from too bad of a weather.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. Will keep working the wiggle bike though.

KS

Spyder Garage

Hey guys and gals how about posting your "Born on" date mine was 3/20/13 according to my rear swing arm plate. BRP said mine was not one of the bad batch and I do doubt it is. I had up to 85 last night on a long stretch and it was smooth as butter but then I have BahaRons bar on it too. Just trying to figure out what dates the bad OEM parts were installed. Thanks
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Mine are in but have not been back yet to install them, guess I need to get it up in the shop

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

my RTS with the wiggle is dated 01/2013.
    my RTL that rides smooth is dated 04/2013

Thanks..

Spyder Garage

Had mine installed and can notice a definite difference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know for sure the born on date of my Spyder but I think it is April. I did not have bad ball joints but I did have bad shocks. With the shocks replaced and a BajaRon sway bar it now handles perfectly. So my point is, if you are experiencing wobble/wiggle and you don't have the ball joint issue have your dealer check your shocks.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622