Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Today I was officially snubbed by an HD group....

Harley' are a womens bike anyways :redfaced: :redfaced: more women drive harleys thatn any other bike.....need i say more ............more people need to learn what respect means and practice it sorry to wear bout you experiance
    <

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you live by some idiots. I get nothing but thumbs up here in Arizona from all the riders I see. When you consider that all the big rides around here bring a SAG wagon along to pick up the Harleys that can't make it back it doesn't say alot about there quality. Did you ever see John Ratsenburgers "Made in America" show, they covered Harley one day and it was pretty scary watching them put those things together. The primary tool was a big hammer when the parts wouldn't fit right. Fast forward to when John visited the Honda Goldwing plant it was a night and day difference.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Most Harley riders are more concerned about how good they look in their leather chaps and jackets than what a truly good bike is.....I think there are good harleys and bad harleys just like good jap bikes and bad.....but then again i have a brain to reason this out...most harley riders have already burnt out their brain cells by breathing too many obnoxious leaking exhaust manifolds of the harley in front of them! ;D

Spyder Garage

The "WOW" factor as far as I know has never and never probably will be the way someone describes a HD. So we Spyder lovers will have that for sure. But I've ordered the SE5 and waiting patiently for its arrival.

What got me into the "open road warrior" thing is my brother-in-law and sister-in-law which both have HD's. They kept prodding my wife to tell her husband (me) to buy something so we can all go riding together. Well, hesitant about big motorcycles, I was convinced to buy a trike conversion, and when I backed out, my sister-in-law bought the trike in addition to her Sportster HD. But then I saw the SPyder, and "WOW". Then I read further and saw "semi-automatic" and was convinced.... (You see I'm 60 years old) I wanted a little "luxury" in my roadster.

Funny thing, when I showed my in-laws the Spyder, they said "WOW" and she was upset :-[ that she spent $32,000 dollars on a trike conversion when she could have had a Spyder! Priceless. :
    SE5 Moon (delivered Aug'08), Cal-Sci windshield, Zumo 550, tank bag, backrest & luggage rack, kurykan Iso grips, and SwingWing pegs, NM's 4" risers, Russell Day Long Seat, Buschtec hitch, Alumna MCT trailer

Spyder Garage

Husband Bob tells me that HD actually built a trike with 2 wheels in the front as a delivery vehicle of some kind. I am sure that some history buff could find a picture and more details. Apparently these "real" bikers forgot their humble beginnings.
    Bob and I are further angered that not one of the group has bothered to try and contact us. The club make a small stinky, forcing me to pay dues as a liability issue. Then forcing me out of the pack, "out of the safety in numbers" zone, ...what happened to their liability then? As we slowed down and fell farther back, we could see that no one cared or was concerned. So we took a different route, and never looked back. I thought that I would have heard (either negative or positive) from the HD group, but apparently they have "disassociated" themselves from the offending party (that would be me and my Spyder).
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

Please don't tell me Carol it was one of those rides with a ride captain and all that crap. Everybody gets all leathered up and then puts a piss pot helmet on. You and Bob are way to good to be caught up with those fools.
    HAPPY OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Apparently HD has filed a patent application for a Spyder-like design that has front suspension that leans in corners, so while their riders may scoff at the Y Factor, it seems that HD may be looking at it.

Spyder Garage

...of course we did not have a ride captain...we had a ride "director"..yes I was officially put down by the black leather-, fake helmet- wearing president of the local HOG chapter. ...I am guilty of just wanting to hang out with the guys, should have known that riding with an extra "leg" would have put someone off. I ride for the pleasure of the drive, not the "look at me, look at me" factor....although that really does not sound very sincere....driving a Spyder sometimes gives people the idea that it is all about the attention. I try to stress to the public, how much safer, confident and comfortable I feel on my Spyder.
    Carol Smead

Spyder Garage

Carol you are so lucky to have a Spyder because its such a "GUY MAGNET"!!!!!!!!

Just think what you have done to that group----your hot they are not.
    smilingene

Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Here is the Harley Davidson reverse trike:

I think it will be a cool bike if they ever produce it. Then those guys that snubbed you will have to eat crow!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Thank you for showing me the HD trike picture, I will share that later with spouse. Needs a trunk, though....Does not seem "right" without thousands of dollars in shiny chrome attached.
    Carol Smead

Spyder Garage

The three wheeler your talking about was used like a vending vehicle, like ice cream or something. I went by your house Carol on my 67 Triumph a little while ago but it was all quite on the western front.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydroe
    The three wheeler your talking about was used like a vending vehicle, like ice cream or something. I went by your house Carol on my 67 Triumph a little while ago but it was all quite on the western front.
    Just got back. Bob is looking up old Harley Trikes. Built in 1915, but I digress...anyway we are home and will be up for another hr.
    Carol Smead

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by csmead
    Husband Bob tells me that HD actually built a trike with 2 wheels in the front as a delivery vehicle of some kind. I am sure that some history buff could find a picture and more details. Apparently these "real" bikers forgot their humble beginnings.
    Bob and I are further angered that not one of the group has bothered to try and contact us. The club make a small stinky, forcing me to pay dues as a liability issue. Then forcing me out of the pack, "out of the safety in numbers" zone, ...what happened to their liability then? As we slowed down and fell farther back, we could see that no one cared or was concerned. So we took a different route, and never looked back. I thought that I would have heard (either negative or positive) from the HD group, but apparently they have "disassociated" themselves from the offending party (that would be me and my Spyder).
    at this point im not sure why ya even care? its obvious these people are :edit: so u should know they are never gonna treat u right, so just dont worry about them anymore...i wouldnt waste my time worrying why they dont call u or whatever....true friends would, so dont let it get to u

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I live in the Daytona area. I haven't had the Hardley boys put the spyder down yet. I have riden jap bikes all my life. 58 now. I have shown up at bike night s with a banner stretched accross my bike before,banner said,HARLEY WANNA BE,EVERYTHING A HARLEY WANTS TO BE BUT CAN"T SMOOTHNESS,AFFORDABLE,NO OIL LEAKS AND HORSE POWER,AND PROUD TO RIDE A WANNA BE. Got a lot of laughs and a lot of pissed off too. I did not mis spell the Hardley above cause I call them Hardley Ablesons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder13
    I live in the Daytona area. I haven't had the Hardley boys put the spyder down yet. I have riden jap bikes all my life. 58 now. I have shown up at bike night s with a banner stretched accross my bike before,banner said,HARLEY WANNA BE,EVERYTHING A HARLEY WANTS TO BE BUT CAN"T SMOOTHNESS,AFFORDABLE,NO OIL LEAKS AND HORSE POWER,AND PROUD TO RIDE A WANNA BE. Got a lot of laughs and a lot of pissed off too. I did not mis spell the Hardley above cause I call them Hardley Ablesons
    my buddy carlos calls them hardleys too ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So, l a r g e l y motivated by the emotions expressed in this thread since csmead and hubby had the unfortunate Harley riders' club comments slung at them, I donned on my Can-Am Spyder cap, walked into Harley-Davidson Orlando, sat on the Easy Rider chopper, my daughter snapped a picture, then we walked out--without buying anything, needless to say:

(OK, it was a subtle protest against biker-on-biker rudeness in all its forms, but we sure felt good doing it!) ;D

Spyder Garage

Thank you jeuchler, for taking one for the team. :
    Carol Smead

Spyder Garage

You know, I can understand you being upset, you were treated rudely, and very bad. They should have never treated you that way especially since they had no problem taking your dues money. On the other side of the coin, we have to be careful here not to become just like them. I don't want to be a Spyder snob, I want to be a ryder. I never want to be accused of treating someone else that way. I know there are a lot of great riders out there on every kind of machine. I am not going to dis all HD riders because of one bad group. I hope that you get your money back and find a nicer group of folks to ride with. Now, go out and enjoy your Spyder and don't let em get to you. ;D ;D
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    On the other side of the coin, we have to be careful here not to become just like them. I don't want to be a Spyder snob, I want to be a ryder.
    Amen, sister! I agree 100%. Who cares who rides what? Those that DO care, are just self-absorbed jerks. I love the look of a HD. I love the look of most bikes. It's like the old saying goes......It's not the bike, it's the person riding it. The people that snubbed them are idiots, regardless of the bike they were riding. IMHO.

Derwin