Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Today I was officially snubbed by an HD group....

Sypderryders unite! I need my own club! Gonna start up my own chapter and make Pat join (only other local Spyder owner)....Hear me Pat!!! And anyone can ride along!
    My husband's birthday ride with his HD club turned nasty when they suddenly pulled (10-15 miles down the road)over, had an impromptu meeting and officially requested that I not tag along with my Spyder. It was a crushing blow to hear the jerk say that of course, I could ride behind the group (with the rest of the cars/traffic) and end up at the same destination (it's a free world) and of course my husband Bob was welcome to either ride with the group or drop behind (and ride with me). Funny how that attitude did not show up when they wanted money for dues. ....We drove off on our own ride. The Spyder is all mine, but Bob likes it also...just chooses to drive his Harley. He plans on buying a Spyder in a couple of years. I never even said (out loud) that my Spyder was a better, faster, safer bike. What a bunch of elitist jerks. I am so upset I could
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Wijllie

Default Re: Today I was officially snubbed by an HD group....

That's part of the success of the Spyder, they are just jealous...
    We all should be united as bikers, not as trademark groups...
    And yes, make your own chapter and when a Harley wants to join the ride, tell him he should drive
    last in line ;D

Spyder Garage

:edit: sounds like a bunch of jerks to me. I am also a Harley rider have been for years the other Harley riders i ride with don't discriminate against other bikers we all ride with anyone that wants to join us and just have a good time, they all like my Spyder and i ride it with them and i ride anywhere i want way out front most of the time LOL. I would not be paying dues to those dudes anymore. Keep riding safe and enjoy your
    BIGD Love to Ride

Wijllie

The thing is normally people look always to the beautiful Harley's, when a Spyder rides along they
    don't have attention anymore. Some people want it all...and always :

Spyder Garage

George Bernard Shaw said, "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it". Similarly, we've all accepted that HDs are the best bikes around because they are made here. Truth is, they're overpriced and rarely innovative. There are some beautiful HD out there but the hard truth is difficult for some to accept.

/blasphemy

I have no love for HD snobs. Call me Samurai. Or Mountie as it may be.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Wow! I own 4 HDs and earn most of my living manufacturing HD parts, and this kind of treatment of a fellow (or woman) biker makes my blood boil!

I love my 4 HDs, but to tell the truth since my Spyder has come in I have not rode one yet this year!

I think one of the other posts says it correct. You were getting all the attention and they did not like it. My wife says when we go out and she is on her HD Dyna that she feels invisible as all the traffic does is look at the Spyder. Sometimes to the point of causing traffic problems as people stop right in traffic to look or do U-turns.

We have a ride on the 27th here and I can tell you I won't quite be so nice if anybody starts this kind of junk when I pull up on my Spyder!

[URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

All I can say is it's good to know now what they really think. In my book you are a Poser if you have that mentality.

Spyder Garage

here we go boys & girls let the crap begin these are the reasons why i will not join a mc club just for that reason something new comes along and its only a matter of time before :edit: starts lucky for him i wasnt there i would have really given him where toput his HD or should i say hd have a nice day

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor Mad Matt's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's great to live in a free country! My TERYX is street legal in AZ, I wonder if I can hook up with the local HD guys and ride with them!!!!!! Tell you what, they can follow me down a nice dusty dirt road!!!!!! LOL!

Mad Matt

Spyder Garage

NO cure for ignorance! or stupid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    All I can say is it's good to know now what they really think. In my book you are a Poser if you have that mentality.
    :a18:
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Way2Fast

I had joined the local chapter of the Blue Knights, a bike club for law enforcement officers. I was stunned to read in their next newsletter that they thought I had made a poor choice by buying a 2008 Yamaha Raider and the Spyder. Typical Harley mentality ! I immediately told them to F...Off and got my membership dues back. I since have joined the South Florida Chapter where they respect everyones right to ride what they choose.

I smiled to myself when I recently read that HD is laying off 8% of their work force and drastically cutting production. They have a huge surplus of unsold bikes. Next you will see many of the "mega" HD dealers go belly up....all the while Yammi and BRP can't keep up with the demand !!

Richard

Spyder Garage

Wow, what a relevant post to what happened on the way home from work today. I've been riding HD and Brit bikes most of my life and most of my HD riding friends are really cool with my Spyder, the others, well, just jerks.....guess they weren't "brothers" after all. Anyway, back to the story today, I see a wide glide rolling up behind me, and it turns out to be a lady I've seen at some of the poker runs. She pulled up beside me, smiled and said "Geesh, I could be wearing my bikini right now and I wouldn't get the stares you're getting!!!" Thank ya ma'am. Asked if I was doing the ride from Cecil Field on May 3rd, said probably, then she asked if it was possible for her to do a test ride. Told her sure. Then before we left the light heading in different directions she said, "By the way, nice ride!!" I returned the compliment. Moral: Some folks can appreciate a fine machine no matter the make, others......well, they're narrow-minded posers. Climbin down from his soap-box.

Spyder Garage

I told you Carol what happened to John when he went on that ride to Alices Resturant and the HD guys felt like Johns with his paint job was stealing all the attention. Will show them right here in little ole Lemoore who's got it goin on. Bob needs to dropout with those jerks ASP
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

"And yes, make your own chapter and when a Harley wants to join the ride, tell him he should drive
    last in line"

That is the only place you would want them to be... otherwise you'll be dodging all the parts that typically fall off HD's ! ;D

The whole idea that they are 'made here' is a joke also. HD has used Jap parts for at least 15 years - I personally know of a Jap supplier in my own city that supplies parts to them... imported from Japan... sent to the HD plant.

Your husband made the right choice to ride with you. I would have told them off and quit the group. They could have at LEAST said something before you took off!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    "And yes, make your own chapter and when a Harley wants to join the ride, tell him he should drive
    last in line"

That is the only place you would want them to be... otherwise you'll be dodging all the parts that typically fall off HD's ! ;D

The whole idea that they are 'made here' is a joke also. HD has used Jap parts for at least 15 years - I personally know of a Jap supplier in my own city that supplies parts to them... imported from Japan... sent to the HD plant.

Husband Bob commented that these are the same "Pro-American" bike riders that have Toyotas and Hondas in the driveway for their daily driver.

Your husband made the right choice to ride with you. I would have told them off and quit the group. They could have at LEAST said something before you took off!
    Carol Smead

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    last in line"

Yep, like Toyotas and Hondas, they are merely Assembled in America. Telling guys like that off has no effect. Too hard for mere words to penetrate the rock between their ears. I ride anything with wheels, but most of my collection is sixties Hondas these days. When the Hardley Boys jeer and make fun, I just go on my way, knowing that I have fallen off Harley fuel bikes faster than they have ever even ridden their Hogs. Just so you know there are other kinds of clubs, the Spyder has caused great interest in our BMW club. Tons of compliments, questions, admiring stares, and requests for rides. Not all clubs have tunnel vision!
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After Harley bought back the company in the early 80s from AMF and restructured,things really started to happen for them. The market got flooded,as it is now,and other bikes (and trikes) are stealing "The Company"s glory.And seems like some of the wannabe bikers are having hurt feelings,too. If they were real motorcycle enthusiasts, Carol wouldn't have had a reason to start this thread.

Oh,Danimal,BTW: AMF got the ball rolling on the Jap parts on HD s in the early `70s. The front forks were made by Showa.I dont believe any foreign parts were used prior to Harley selling out to AMF,circa 1970. 1969 is the last year of the original company's production.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Unbelievable. What, are they 5 years old on the playground? I ride with ~mostly~ BMW guys, but a well rounded eclectic group. I know there are some that are perhaps indifferent about the Spyder, but sheesh- they would NEVER behave like that. I wouldn't waste a single minute longer with that association, or any one of them individually that participated but didn't speak up.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by csmead
    Sypderryders unite! I need my own club! Gonna start up my own chapter and make Pat join (only other local Spyder owner)....Hear me Pat!!! And anyone can ride along!
    My husband's birthday ride with his HD club turned nasty when they suddenly pulled (10-15 miles down the road)over, had an impromptu meeting and officially requested that I not tag along with my Spyder. It was a crushing blow to hear the jerk say that of course, I could ride behind the group (with the rest of the cars/traffic) and end up at the same destination (it's a free world) and of course my husband Bob was welcome to either ride with the group or drop behind (and ride with me). Funny how that attitude did not show up when they wanted money for dues. ....We drove off on our own ride. The Spyder is all mine, but Bob likes it also...just chooses to drive his Harley. He plans on buying a Spyder in a couple of years. I never even said (out loud) that my Spyder was a better, faster, safer bike. What a bunch of elitist jerks. I am so upset I could
    Hey Carol, I'm a little far away from Lemoore, but I'll join you and Pat. Will have a three spyder club.

Spyder # 114, John :bigthumbsup:

Way2Fast

When I had a V-Rod every piece of accessory chrome came from Taiwan. Now I imagine it comes from China. Jap made stuff is too expensive for HD to use !!

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

actually, i would take that as a compliment...harley riders are idiots anyway ;D

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder114
    Hey Carol, I'm a little far away from Lemoore, but I'll join you and Pat. Will have a three spyder club.

Spyder # 114, John :bigthumbsup:
    Thanks John...that's three!...However, I am going to make Bob join so he can look like the odd one!
    Carol Smead

Spyder Garage

I have one, my brother in-law rides a V-Strom 650 and he went out with a group from his work that ride HD's
    through out the day they all gave him :edit: about his bike. at one point some one said why are you wearing
    a HD shirt His responce was "I bought the only thing HD is good at making".

Not to offend any one out there my self nor was that his intentions. I like my Bro in-law Mick are along the thinking of ride what you like its a personal thing.

It s just like the other morning setting at a light a guy roll's up on me and says what are those some kind of new :edit: training wheels!! My responce was "Ya man you should get you some that way you wont fall over".
    after a couple of :edit: :edit: from him of course, we were off on our own directions..
    I just cant imagine going through life so closed minded. any enuff from me...

SPYMAN
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

Spyder Garage

i really need to add this im so tired of these HD riders thinking thay are that and a bag of chips whats the differnce between a HD and a hoover ......... give up the location of the DIRTBAG