Thread: Front Tires RS

Spyder Garage

Default Front Tires RS

Its time to change my tires. I notice that the tires are worn on the inner part only. In other words, half of the tire is done. Is there a kit out there to keep the tires from tilting in? My mechanic advised that cars have that kit. Anyone?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOPE

Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-26-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMURPH View Post
    Its time to change my tires. I notice that the tires are worn on the inner part only. In other words, half of the tire is done. Is there a kit out there to keep the tires from tilting in? My mechanic advised that cars have that kit. Anyone?
    Most Spyders by the posts on Spyderlovers have excess wear on the inside edge of the tire caused by excess toe out, not excess negative camber. The only way to know for sure is to measure it. If you do find that you have excess negative camber "officially" it is not adjustable but it can be shimmed with thin washers. If the camber is adjusted the toe will change and has to be adjusted as well.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talk to rnet; he's got a fix figured out for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Most Spyders by the posts on Spyderlovers have excess wear on the inside edge of the tire caused by excess toe out, not excess negative camber. The only way to know for sure is to measure it. If you do find that you have excess negative camber "officially" it is not adjustable but it can be shimmed with thin washers. If the camber is adjusted the toe will change and has to be adjusted as well.
    I also worry about the tech that suggested the "kit". Not going to get a proper alignment out of that one. Time to find a dealer that understands.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Time to..!!

Find a dealer who can get your bike lined up to avoid messing up your new tires. They should not wear unevenly. Never heard of kits and if there are seems it would still have to be aligned..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Find a dealer who can get your bike lined up to avoid messing up your new tires. They should not wear unevenly. Never heard of kits and if there are seems it would still have to be aligned..!!

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Talk to rnet; he's got a fix figured out for it!
    Yep, have it figured out, I do. If you are anywhere near New York, contact me and we can fix you up. (tires, balance, and alignment)
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Yep, have it figured out, I do. If you are anywhere near New York, contact me and we can fix you up. (tires, balance, and alignment)
    Do you work at a dealership?
    the reason I ask, just bought a 2012 RS SE5 last fall, noticed right front tire with abnormal wear almost smooth on inside but left front tire is wearing even across tread. 200lb rider. I talked to my nearest dealership and they said this was due to crown of road and that there is no camber/caster adjustment to these Spyders and that it just needs the tires rotated (left/right). Original tires, Kenda I think.
    I see you are just nouth of poughipsie and Newburgh, I am in northern Vermont and it might make for a nice day trip. I am interested in getting a different opinion.
    regards, Jerry

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryffvt View Post
    Do you work at a dealership?
    the reason I ask, just bought a 2012 RS SE5 last fall, noticed right front tire with abnormal wear almost smooth on inside but left front tire is wearing even across tread. 200lb rider. I talked to my nearest dealership and they said this was due to crown of road and that there is no camber/caster adjustment to these Spyders and that it just needs the tires rotated (left/right). Original tires, Kenda I think.
    I see you are just nouth of poughipsie and Newburgh, I am in northern Vermont and it might make for a nice day trip. I am interested in getting a different opinion.
    regards, Jerry
    First priority, before or with new tires, is to get a laser alignment.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)