Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    Mount a cannon on the front in case needed in emergency.
    LOL!!!! Don't give me any ideas. LOL!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    I had the 2 bro's single can on my 2008 GS and after a couple of years it needed repacking. Instead I invested in the Spyder1Attitude which never needs repacking and like it much better than the 2bro's. Spyder1Attitude can be found on the home page if interested and they have Utube video.
    I'm going to take a look at the Spyder1Attitude ones. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    To be honest loud pipes won't help, And if you realy want to be honest most people put on loud pipes for the look at me, ''Ain't i cool feel'' People don't hear Fire trucks with screaming sirens, Until they look up in their mirrors and see the flashing lights. Lane position and awareness is you best defence against the drifters.
    Been riding Bikes for 45+ years and i can say i it's been years since i last used my horn.
    Just my thoughts , Yours might differ.?
    You make a good point about not being able to hear an apparatus. I really don't like the loudness, but I'm getting fed up with the Magoos. Thanks for the tip that will save my life.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Is yellow also the fastest color on snow? I'm thinking your answer will be NO!
    LOL!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Safety is deninately not enhanced with volumn, lights, horn and defensive driving do work. If you want more power or like a loud bike then do it but I really wish the police would enforce the noise laws. Nothing worse than hearing some unmuffled bike scream by you house at 2:00 in the A.M lol.
    I worry about being the neighbors' headache with that rolling thunder sound. LOL

Spyder Garage

Love the rumble and roar of the Two Brothers pipe. It may however make riding less safe as some drivers may be startled by it and make a knee jerk driving move. I guess you can't win in all ways with anything.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default TIME TO MAKE SOME NOISE!

When I hear rumbling pipes roar by at 2AM it gives me sweet dreams about riding....

Personally I like rumbling. I don't want my ears to bleed, but really don't like the sewing machine sound of stock either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    Love the rumble and roar of the Two Brothers pipe. It may however make riding less safe as some drivers may be startled by it and make a knee jerk driving move. I guess you can't win in all ways with anything.
    Have dual Two Bros and don't mind repacking them, it's not that hard. Love the rumble.

Haven't seen any startled knee jerk reaction unless I want to get their attention...VROOM VROOM...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMURPH View Post
    I worry about being the neighbors' headache with that rolling thunder sound. LOL
    If you get loud pipes and don't want to piss of the neighbors, use the lawnmower law. Power on at 9 am, off by 9 pm.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    When I hear rumbling pipes roar by at 2AM it gives me sweet dreams about riding....

Personally I like rumbling. I don't want my ears to bleed, but really don't like the sewing machine sound of stock either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sewing machine? I have to use that one. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sewing machine? I have to use that one. LOL
    Yep! a sewing machine with the stock exhaust. Especially around the 23 second mark in the vid....lol

Spyder Garage

Default You want loud???

The time has come for me to replace my factory pipes with louder pipes. I am fed up with these Mr. Magoo drivers drifting in my lane. Calling names is a waste of time. My friends have been telling me to up the ante. Its time. Any suggestions? Preferably slip on pipes. I have the '09 RS.
    I hear that the tailgunner exhaust is really loud and looks good.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

A great way to make noise would be to use a baseball card and a clothespin, Worked for me when i was ten.
    Just don't use a Mickey Mantle Rookie card.

Spyder Garage

I've seen clowns pull in front of dump trucks. I just ordered lights for the wheels and I will get an air horn and hope for the best. I really didn't want a loud bike. I try to consider my neighbors and people in general. I'll try the aforementioned. Thanks a lot.
    There is no sure defense against the worst of the idiots out there. Situational awareness and defensive riding techniques , as well as periodic practice of evasive maneuvers, can save your bacon, though.

I do understand your frustration. If you are really serious about finding alternative safety measure to be noticed, consider a hi-vis jacket and hi-vis helmet. Those are the only things statistically proven to increase rider safety and reduce accidents. Those pieces are chosen because the move continually when you ride, in different directions than the bike motion...attracting attention.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I've had to give people the air horn many times while driving the semi, and some even had their windows open, and still it didn't do any good, people are just getting dumber and dumber with those "cages".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    Stick a sable air horn on the spyder that will wake um up and have them pay attention.

harry
    Hey Harry. Where can I get info on that air horn?

Bill
    Bill H.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation make it loud!!!!!

hi all i love my SUPERTRAPP pipe it can be mild or wild but take it from me dumb drivers are deaf & blind like the #%%hole who put me in a wheelchair i was on a bright red triumph america with its lights on and really loud pipes with my hi-vis jacket and red helmet and what did the moron say to me while i was lyin on the road ? SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU worst of all he was a biker himself !! so if u like loud pipes "LET IT SING"
    cheers mickIMG_0019.jpg Trumpy 03.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Didn't Bob post a video clip a few weeks back of a moped with something akin to a truck or boat horn?

Gotta agree - although the justification for these seems to be "loud pipes save lives" the safety instructors will tell you all it does is "scares Granny" and draws attention after the fact. I like the throaty sound of the two brothers but harbor no illusion that there is any safety factor implied. Besides, if it REALLY was better I would think that the insurance industry would be offering a discount for their addition (or at least dream that they would).

Here I thought I was catching up to Bob on posts with only a 19,000 difference and I see he has advanced 200 more from my keeping pace
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    A great way to make noise would be to use a baseball card and a clothespin, Worked for me when i was ten.
    Just don't use a Mickey Mantle Rookie card.
    LOL!!! I remember those days. You told your age. I guess I did too. LOL!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydermyke990 View Post
    I've had to give people the air horn many times while driving the semi, and some even had their windows open, and still it didn't do any good, people are just getting dumber and dumber with those "cages".
    It won't get better with more inventions of technology. I will have to do the best. I buried my friend two years ago because of these people who claim that motorcycles are dangerous. It's not us, it's them. I have been driving a car in addition for decades. I have never been a danger to motorcycles. Take care.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mick ruhdorf View Post
    hi all i love my SUPERTRAPP pipe it can be mild or wild but take it from me dumb drivers are deaf & blind like the #%%hole who put me in a wheelchair i was on a bright red triumph america with its lights on and really loud pipes with my hi-vis jacket and red helmet and what did the moron say to me while i was lyin on the road ? SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU worst of all he was a biker himself !! so if u like loud pipes "LET IT SING"
    cheers mickIMG_0019.jpg Trumpy 03.jpg
    That's exactly what they say! That's why I'm so fed up. You did all that you could. D@mn!!

Spyder Garage

The time has come for me to replace my factory pipes with louder pipes. I am fed up with these Mr. Magoo drivers drifting in my lane. Calling names is a waste of time. My friends have been telling me to up the ante. Its time. Any suggestions? Preferably slip on pipes. I have the '09 RS.

I really appreciate all of the support and suggestions in reference to my frustration. Thanks again and "Rubber Side Down."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    Didn't Bob post a video clip a few weeks back of a moped with something akin to a truck or boat horn?
    It was actually a horn off of a diesel locomotive...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Being the Devils Advocate, [again]
    Can anyone honestly say, That they never cut someone off unintentionally, and then said to themselves'
    Wow i where did that guy come from, never seen him.
    If you can your a better man than I Gunga Din.

Spyder Garage

Default hey murph

get a loud pipe AND a loud horn. hundreds of us have. it makes spyder MO FUN.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coz; 03-15-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.