Spyder Garage

Default Calling all Ultimate Seat Owners!!

A recent seat survey was done by a SpyderLover. And his conclusion was that you need running boards to be comfortable on an Ultimate Seat. Do any of you still use the driver footpegs?? Are your feet so far forward that you wish you had floorboards??

I'm asking because, of all the custom seats out there, the Ultimate Seat appeals to me the most. However, I love my footpegs too. And don't want to feel that I'd have to get floorboards to be comfortable in the Ultimate Seat.

Also, are any of you close to NH? I don't take long journeys to get to Spyder gatherings. And I'd really like to test sit a seat that I am to buy. I'm short, but still think I would be looking at the Mid Rider.

Any and all help willl be appreciated!!
    Marilyn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How tall are you? My buddy Joe is the one with the Ultimate seat. We just got done with a 300+mile ride on Sunday where we swapped spyders back and forth pretty much all day. He said he was super comfortable for the entire ride with the Ultimate seat. He is 5'9" or so. I'm about 6'0-6'1" or so and personally it was more cramped than I wanted to be. It's a beautiful fantastically well made seat for sure, just wish it had less passenger space...lol.. Different strokes, different folks...

You really want to find someone local that has one and sit/ride it.

Spyder Garage

I'm short at 5'4". But have long legs for my height. I also do most of my riding with my husband as a passenger. So, the more passenger room may be a good deal for us. You're right, I need to find someone that has the Ultimate installed so we can sit on it!!! Even with all the good descriptions of them, I can't see buying without actually trying one out.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Go to Spyderfest.. You can find everything you ever wanted to try out there...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I did 2400 miles 2 weeks after getting the Ultimate w/backrest installed. Virtually no break in period that I noticed but very comfortable.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate Seat. As soon as I got it put 4500 miles+ on bike on a trip. No break-in, loved it. I have foot pegs, would not put the floor boards on.. that is just my preference. I also have highway pegs. Not any problems. LOVE LOVE my Ultimate Seat and I have commented and recommended it on several threads. Good Luck.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    A recent seat survey was done by a SpyderLover. And his conclusion was that you need running boards to be comfortable on an Ultimate Seat. Do any of you still use the driver footpegs?? Are your feet so far forward that you wish you had floorboards??

I'm asking because, of all the custom seats out there, the Ultimate Seat appeals to me the most. However, I love my footpegs too. And don't want to feel that I'd have to get floorboards to be comfortable in the Ultimate Seat.

Also, are any of you close to NH? I don't take long journeys to get to Spyder gatherings. And I'd really like to test sit a seat that I am to buy. I'm short, but still think I would be looking at the Mid Rider.

Any and all help willl be appreciated!!
    DynamoBT,
    If you are unable to find another Spyder near you to try the Midrider, and are unable to get to SpyderFest - We offer a 14 day money back guarantee for you to make sure you love the seat. If the seat wasn't the right fit for your riding style- you would only be out shipping fees.
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

one of the first farckles to go onto our bike. put over 6000 miles on the seat last summer. i love it and the wife loves it too. she says she doesn't feel like she is always sliding into me like she did on the stock seat. we don't have floorboards. we still have the pegs. i did however put the extensions on for her as a passenger and they help out considerably. two thumbs up for ultimate!!

Spyder Garage

I,m seriously thinking of the Low Rider for my GS because I sit about 2 inches in front of the stock hump but I wish the core was provided at the same price like the RT seat?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

The Ultimate Seat was the first change I made to my Spyder. I am 5'4" and have short legs. I got the midrider and it sets me in the exact riding position as the stock seat did. I have billet footpegs as well and have no interest what-so-ever in floorboards. I love this seat, I have rode a 10+ hour day in my Ultimate and got off my Spyder and walked away like I just got on it fresh for the day. I can't say enough about the seat and the customer service at Ultimate. I plan on ordering my passenger backrest soon for when my daughter rides as well. I don't think you'll go wrong choosing Ultimate. You can see mine in my signature below. Keep us posted on your decision!
    Spyder 5-10-12 After Mods-CROP.jpg