Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Video of John Anderson's "Seal Floorboards" on my RT

I was so pleased with the quality and workmanship (along with the ease of installation) on the Seal floorboards that I just bought for my 2012 RT that I promised to tell you how great they are! I figured there's no better way to do that than to provide a video so here it is:

In the video, I mention that I'd just installed the floorboards but hadn't ridden with them attached. I then rolled off a 300-mile day and found them to be VERY comfortable and serviceable.

I was wearing moon boots (still wintry here in Utah a week ago when I rode) and I still had plenty of space for my feet.

Further, by providing me with more outboard space, it offered me increased stability on curves.

And, of course, being able to move my feet forward and backward a bit was great!

I'm looking forward even more to riding with the floorboards when the weather gets nicer so I can shed my Antarctic boots for something more comfortable as that will allow me even more freedom of movement.

BTW, I'm 6'1" and weigh about 185 with most of my height in my legs. Because I'm thin-hipped, I often get thigh cramps while riding anything but a cruiser (where my legs can go forward) so I have to stand on the floorboards upon occasion. I used to stand on the pegs...talking about a bit squirrely...but standing on the floorboards was a cinch. And, yes, I have tried the banana route and a variety of saddles and other remedies but you can't change thin hips and doing the splits on Spyders.

So, hat's off to John Anderson for excellent work and, if you couldn't already tell, I'd strongly recommend that you purchase the Seal floorboards if you want long-distance comfort.

bc

Spyder Garage

Great video. You have the subject covered perfectly. One of the easiest installations of farkles for the that I have done. Right up there with GloRyders as far as difficulty goes. I have a set on each . My second installation of the boards took me about 15 minutes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Billc,

What a fantastic video. If you don't mind I'm going to have my webmaster try and put it on my website. It's customers like you that have made Seal Floorboards the leading Spyder Floorboards. Now it's time for you to..........

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards