Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CORBIN REBUILT

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Default CORBIN REBUILT

ok so i will be trying out passenger seat later today with the better half ... it seams to be a lot better but i think that the brp back rest will now be no longer hitting her in the back and more hitting her around the butt do to extra padding in the seat (corbins not hers)... i have a corbin backrest to try that seams to line up better and be more comfortable for her ...also i alcholed the seat to knock the shine off it i think they armor-all the seat before shipping hopefully this will take care of the sliding problem we had the way it was .... i noticed even the drivers seat was very slippery so i rubbed alchol on it also ... i will update on passenger seat tonight ....also alchol didnt damage seat at all just dulled down the shine...
    here is a before and after ...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hope it works out for you and Dee!! Looks good!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

CAn't wait to hear the review as i need to have this done as well.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Default disappointed

well went out to try out revised corbin passenger seat ...not happy ... girl friend not only still slid forward but now didnt feel safe do to the extra height of the seat she said when i cornered it felt like she was going to fall off instead of building the front of the seat up they should have dropped the back of the seat down .... not sure what my next move is but this seat was almost 1000$ and i'm not happy with it ...the drivers seat is ok....comfort wise but as lamont said it pushes you forward a bit so your feet are more behind you now and for taller riders it pushes you up .... that i could live with do to short legs ... but im aggravated ...i may wait to see what BRP comfort seat is like and swap over to that...the factory seat sucks on long rides so i need to figure out something ... i may go to local seat builder see what he can come up with ... like i said comfort wise corbin driver seat is better than factory but my opinion is that BRP went through a lot of designing and calculating when they built the spyder ...my opinion ...they safest seat is the one they put on the bike ... may not be the most comfortable but myself and my better half never felt like we were going to fall off ....
    Last edited by tatt2r; 04-19-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well that stinks i was hoping that would be the answer i was needing guess i'll have to figure something else out.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post
    Well that stinks i was hoping that would be the answer i was needing guess i'll have to figure something else out.
    i paid $150.00 just to ship it back to them waited 3 weeks ....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    i paid $150.00 just to ship it back to them waited 3 weeks ....
    holy crap!!!! i would really be ticked off had i spent that much to ship it to them just for them to make it even less safe than before. Guess its a blessing they refuse to call me back and keep using the excuse their computers are down when i call them.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

calling dealer tomorrow and odering comfort seat see what happens ...then corbin see if i can return seat i have ...

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

tat... You can always take the seat cover off and carve the foam as you see fit. It's fairly easy... use an electric turkey carving knife... really. On the ST1300, I transplanted some Honda foam into a Corbin seat to soften it up a bit. When cutting, it doesn't need to be pretty... only usable. The seat cover will "mask" your boo-boos.

You will need a pop-rivet gun... or a friend with one... to put it back together.

Corbin will NOT refund your money, though. Read your receipt.

The hardest part will be drilling out the pop-rivets they use to secure the seat cover to the pan.

well went out to try out revised corbin passenger seat ...not happy ... girl friend not only still slid forward but now didnt feel safe do to the extra height of the seat she said when i cornered it felt like she was going to fall off instead of building the front of the seat up they should have dropped the back of the seat down .... not sure what my next move is but this seat was almost 1000$ and i'm not happy with it ...the drivers seat is ok....comfort wise but as lamont said it pushes you forward a bit so your feet are more behind you now and for taller riders it pushes you up .... that i could live with do to short legs ... but im aggravated ...i may wait to see what BRP comfort seat is like and swap over to that...the factory seat sucks on long rides so i need to figure out something ... i may go to local seat builder see what he can come up with ... like i said comfort wise corbin driver seat is better than factory but my opinion is that BRP went through a lot of designing and calculating when they built the spyder ...my opinion ...they safest seat is the one they put on the bike ... may not be the most comfortable but myself and my better half never felt like we were going to fall off ....
    Last edited by ataDude; 04-19-2009 at 08:46 PM.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    tat... You can always take the seat cover off and carve the foam as you see fit. It's fairly easy... use an electric turkey carving knife... really. On the ST1300, I transplanted some Honda foam into a Corbin seat to soften it up a bit. When cutting, it doesn't need to be pretty... only usable. The seat cover will "mask" your boo-boos.

You will need a pop-rivet gun... or a friend with one... to put it back together.

Corbin will NOT refund your money, though. Read your receipt.

The hardest part will be drilling out the pop-rivets they use to secure the seat cover to the pan.
    The seats are heated for what I paid I will break enough b's to get them to correct problem

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

The heat is not an R&R problem. Just a pad on top of the foam. Have fun trying to get something out of Corbin.

The seats are heated for what I paid I will break enough b's to get them to correct problem

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Bummer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That just stinks that you are still disappointed with the Corbin seat after all the time and expense you have been through. Wish you had had a better experience. Definitely a bummer.

Spyder Garage

While I understand your frustration, without going to Corbin and getting custom fit to the seat, I'm not sure how much you could really expect them to do. They are pretty much shooting in the dark trying to get what you want - which is a problem when ordering something like this mail order.

I think your best bet is going to be going to a local seat shop and having them alter the Corbin to your liking.

I have the Corbin and am still getting used to it. It's a different ride for sure. Sitting more forward has been hard to get used to, but I do think I feel better after a longer ride.

The backrest system is a bit on the weak side in my opinion.

Sorry for your troubles man - I know what it's like to pay good $$$$ for something and not have it turn out how you hoped.

Let us know what you do to get this altered to suit your needs.

Spyder Garage

That's one of the reasons I haven't sent mine out for adjustment. I need to sit in mine more and not on top of it. I'm going to have a local guy adjust mine I think and see if he can carve it out like the old tractor seats. Those guys new what it was like to sit in the saddle all day.

Spyder Garage

This is one of the main reasons we went with Russell seats. We sent in a few pictures seated on the Spyder and included a description of how we wanted the seat mod to turn out. I stated I wanted my same riding position that I had with the stock seat as I had sat on a Corbin and I knew it pushed me closer to the front than I was used to. dltang wanted to be closer and a bit higher I think and they did that for her. Plus they have a fit guarantee where they'll redo the seat for you at no cost (except shipping?) if you aren't comfortable with their first try at modding your seat. There hasn't really been any "getting used to" my Russell seat unless you count getting used to not having a sore butt after a long ride.
    Last edited by bjt; 04-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    That's one of the reasons I haven't sent mine out for adjustment. I need to sit in mine more and not on top of it. I'm going to have a local guy adjust mine I think and see if he can carve it out like the old tractor seats. Those guys new what it was like to sit in the saddle all day.
    there is a custom seat builder that all the bike shops use i'm going to bring it to him see what he can do....

Spyder Garage

there is a custom seat builder that all the bike shops use i'm going to bring it to him see what he can do....
    I really think that's your best bet. Sucks to have to spend more $$$ - but I think it's the only way you'll get what you want at this point. Look at the Corbin as a good base that they can tweak to your liking.

Let us know how this works out. I've only got about 500 miles on My Corbin - and I generally like it - but it is a different ride.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

after this thread, I made an appt with a custom seat dude here in Seattle.

I had a few hours in the saddle in the past few days. After yesterday, I am convinced I need something different. OUCH!!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Wow, not good for Dee to feel bad back there! I agree w/ the others - take it to a local seat guy and at least you know someone who does custom bike seats! Maybe a little bartering? A nice Tat for the dude to makes the seat safe & comfortable!

Spyder Garage

I'm taking mine apart right now. Pain in the butt so far, got to cut the foam from the pad and I haven't got to the heating pad yet, it's glued down too.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Is the heater on top or bottom? I moved mine on the ST from top to bottom and that seemed to work extremely well. Warm but not hot.

I'm taking mine apart right now. Pain in the butt so far, got to cut the foam from the pad and I haven't got to the heating pad yet, it's glued down too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Is the heater on top or bottom? I moved mine on the ST from top to bottom and that seemed to work extremely well. Warm but not hot.
    It's on top and it has a thin piece of foam on top of it.

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

It's on top and it has a thin piece of foam on top of it.

Spyder Garage