Spyder Garage

Default Stupid ? on 12v charger

I looked everywhere in my front cargo for the 12v charger on my 2012 rt limited. Is there such a thing?
    i know the one on the trunk... Is there one on the front or do I need to install it?

Spyder Garage

That you need to install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    That you need to install.
    Thanks ..... Was going nuts looking for it.... Will get it done then

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Araņa805 View Post
    I looked everywhere in my front cargo for the 12v charger on my 2012 rt limited. Is there such a thing?
    i know the one on the trunk... Is there one on the front or do I need to install it?

2012 RT Limited

it has a power outlet power cable that is tie wrapped to the frame behind the frunk (check along the frame of the left front tire) that has power to it and is ready to plug into the outlet. You have to look hard, but I think it is there, it is there on the 2011's. You may also a search , type in frunk power. Good luck!!
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

I stand corrected.

Spyder Garage

If I am not mistaken I read the front one is factory wired to be hot with the key on only which wouldn't work for a charger unless you run your own wires instead of using the existing wires.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    If I am not mistaken I read the front one is factory wired to be hot with the key on only which wouldn't work for a charger unless you run your own wires instead of using the existing wires.

J. D.
    The optional RS circuit works only with the key on, although it can be wired to be hot continuously if you switch the harness and fuse. The RT rear outlet and front harness are hot all the time. The 2013 outlets can be operated either way, by switching the fuse.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Another day, another lesson learned. Please dont give me any more info today, my brain is tired already.

Thanks for the good info.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer