Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Why am I being directed to buy TapTalk ??

Why am I being directed to purchase TapTalk on accessing SL ?????
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Spyder Garage

Has to do with the forum software and your mobile device.

Spyder Garage

Default Tap a nut

I was directed to Tap-A-Nut. I'm very happy with the service.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wa3wheels View Post
    Why am I being directed to purchase TapTalk on accessing SL ?????
    Tapatalk will greatly enhance your enjoyment of accessing forums from your mobile device. Highly recommended and well worth the measly few bucks it costs.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you do not want it, just click "cancel". Should only ask you once in awhile after that and not each time.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you have a tablet, go for the HD version. It has even nicer features for forums. It's available for both Android and iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

I have a dumbphone. I'm not on Facebook, I know where I'm going and where I've been, I can read a map, and I don't need to let everyone know what I had for breakfast this morning. And my wife calls me a grouchy old man. I used tap a talk when I was a kid. I'd tap my parents to get their attention, then I'd talk.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MY KIND OF GUY

Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-26-2013 at 09:17 PM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

"Grumpy" old man, not grouchy. There's that selective hearing again!!

Spyder Garage

I refuse to buy apps for my phone. i get on an i just hit cancel an go on. It seems to work fine.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default Being directed

Even after clicking cancel it continues to pop up as I click on each subject line on each SL forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    If you do not want it, just click "cancel". Should only ask you once in awhile after that and not each time.
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I have a dumbphone. I'm not on Facebook, I know where I'm going and where I've been, I can read a map, and I don't need to let everyone know what I had for breakfast this morning. And my wife calls me a grouchy old man. I used tap a talk when I was a kid. I'd tap my parents to get their attention, then I'd talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .....110 %.........Mike

make that 3.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wa3wheels View Post
    Even after clicking cancel it continues to pop up as I click on each subject line on each SL forum.
    I have the same problem. I don't understand why it is necessary to keep getting bugged by this just to use this forum.

Bernie
    --
    RT-S (Blue) with Power Sports Wrap Racing Stripes
    BajaRon's Sway Bar
    Kewl Metal Gizmo Mount
    Rivco Flag Mounts
    NBV Highway Pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you browse the forums on your phone or tablet, Tapatalk makes it much nicer. The format fits the screen better and you don't have any ads. Just makes the forum easier to navigate. Well worth the little price you pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hberninger View Post
    I have the same problem. I don't understand why it is necessary to keep getting bugged by this just to use this forum.
    If it's that annoying and you are using an android device, just set your browser to desktop mode and the annoyances will stop. Not sure how to get around it in an iDevice, aside from loading an alternate browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post

I have a Tracfone & it is smart enough to let me dial a # and subtract minutes. No Facebook for me, although I did setup a YouTube account last week.

I use tap a talk on Nan every night - sometimes I actually get a reply.

Spyder Garage

Love Tapatalk. Well worth the couple bucks they charge. I have no problem paying for a well made phone app.... Someone worked hard to bring the app to market.... They deserve their just rewards.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What is TapTalk?

Spyder Garage

I enabled cookies and turned off private browsing on mu IPad and the issue went away.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    I enabled cookies and turned off private browsing on mu IPad and the issue went away.
    Dumb phone, user here. Seems it wasn't dumb enough so I disabled it's ability to receive texts and photos.

Have a buddy that thought it was 'cute' to send me JUNK!
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 03-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Modern "smart phones" are simply miniature computers that happen to have a built in mobile phone. If you appreciate and use a computer you'd probably enjoy a smart phone as well if you gave it a chance. They're not hard for anyone to use for most needs, in fact they're easier and much more enjoyable to use than regular cell phones because they operate far better. You may be doing yourself a great disservice by shunning them. Motorcyclists who travel long distances should especially appreciate them, they can provide you with more valuable services than anything else you may carry. You'll have no real idea how much until you own one.

There is always some resistance to new technology. People once shunned telephones, cars, radios, cameras, televisions, and of course computers. Now most of us own more than one of each. Don't put yourself at a disadvantage, if you don't yet own a smart phone at least give one a try. You won't regret it and you'll never go back to a "dumb" cell phone.

Spyder Garage

Hello Mabel, can you ring up Jerbear?
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Modern "smart phones" are simply miniature computers that happen to have a built in mobile phone. If you appreciate and use a computer you'd probably enjoy a smart phone as well if you gave it a chance. They're not hard for anyone to use for most needs, in fact they're easier and much more enjoyable to use than regular cell phones because they operate far better. You may be doing yourself a great disservice by shunning them. Motorcyclists who travel long distances should especially appreciate them, they can provide you with more valuable services than anything else you may carry. You'll have no real idea how much until you own one.

There is always some resistance to new technology. People once shunned telephones, cars, radios, cameras, televisions, and of course computers. Now most of us own more than one of each. Don't put yourself at a disadvantage, if you don't yet own a smart phone at least give one a try. You won't regret it and you'll never go back to a "dumb" cell phone.
    Thanks for your comment. Truth is I'm not one to shy away from technology. It's so much simpler than that....in my case. It would mean I'd have to have reading glasses with me 24/7...That, would be a pita. Seriously! That said. Your post has caused me analyze my decision to not GO smart.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Hello Mabel, can you ring up Jerbear?

Guess what. Cord boards were still in operation when I began my career with the telephone company. Not to mention the 5 party lines on bird wire(unshielded/bare wires). I R OLD.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Why am I being directed to buy TapTalk ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Thanks for your comment. Truth is I'm not one to shy away from technology. It's so much simpler than that....in my case. It would mean I'd have to have reading glasses with me 24/7...That, would be a pita. Seriously! That said. Your post has caused me analyze my decision to not GO smart.
    It's so funny you should mention glasses. When I first got my smart phone I couldn't see the screen because I hate to carry glasses around with me. But the phone was so useful I finally gave in and started using them. It changed my life. I could see my speedometer, my GPS, I knew what I was buying when I went to the store, I could read restaurant menus, my watch, and stopped handing my son 20 dollar bills when I meant to give him a ten. Isn't technology wonderful?