Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Does Age Have Anything to Do with the Spyder??

Hey hows it goin Guys, Im new to this Forum. First and formost, You guys have a great community set up here.

About last year i looked through a magazine and read about the SPYDER but i brushed it off not thinking too much about it. Till recently i cracked open the same magazine and saw the SPYDER and i was instantly in " I GOTTA HAVE THAT I GOTTA HAVE THAT!!" mode. I asked the wife you know the Usual "Honey if you please let me have just this one thing.."

..anyways long story short.. i recently just put in an order for the SE5 in RED.
    I guess i wont get it untill Nov at the latest.

But my question is.. From what i have seen the spyder is popular among older riders.. will it attract younger riders such as myself?

And how do Hardcore Motorcycle enthusiast feel about the Spyder. Since it doesnt have the same traits as a motorcycle?

Im 25years old.. i am a gear head.. i love anything that has wheels.. but i want to make sure i have other Bikers Respect while im on the road..

Thanks Guys!! Cant wait for my Spyder !!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Does Age Have Anything to Do with the Spyder??

Interesting how a 25 yo gear head and a 55 year old bone head like myself can pick the same red SE5. Actually, the spyder is for anyone who loves the open air. We all use quads, PWC,s coveribles and now a snowmobile with wheels. Fun knows no age and confident folks look to the fun they'll have and don't care what their peers might think.
    Enjoy it and ride safe.

Paul

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pphantom538
    Interesting how a 25 yo gear head and a 55 year old bone head like myself can pick the same red SE5. Actually, the spyder is for anyone who loves the open air. We all use quads, PWC,s coveribles and now a snowmobile with wheels. Fun knows no age and confident folks look to the fun they'll have and don't care what their peers might think.
    Enjoy it and ride safe.

Paul
    Convertible - oops wish I could type!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

haha .. i agree Paul.. Good Stuff..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Probably because I'm 73 I sometimes get a similar question when I'm riding one of my homebuilt dual-sport trikes (as seen in the photo with my avatar). It will usually be a young dirt bike rider who'll ask if I went from two to three wheels because of my age, or do I have a bad back, or something else like that. I then ask him if he has ever ridden an ATV and usually the answer is yes, they're a lot of fun. I reply; "there's your answer".

My two TWTrikes are CA street legal ATC's, that is why I built them, because no other ATV's are street legal here.

Frank

BTW - I also have, and ride, two wheel motorcycles (mostly antiques like me ;D).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just the answers i was looking for thanks guys !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikester
    Probably because I'm 73 I sometimes get a similar question when I'm riding one of my homebuilt dual-sport trikes (as seen in the photo with my avatar).
    Frank

BTW - I also have, and ride, two wheel motorcycles (mostly antiques like me ;D).
    73? You go, dude! :bigthumbsup: Good on ya! Kind of trite to say it, but I truly believe "age" is more a state of mind than anything else. ;D

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you're looking for respect...wear a suit!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sup man I am 25 and I ride everything from street bikes, quads, snow mobiles, dirtbikes, sea doos, and anything else that I can go fast on in the open air. I know how u feel about the street cred thing When I first started riding this bike I was asking myself the same thing. So far I have got nothing but respect from other riders I think their more excited about how it works then what it looks like. I ride mine about everyday and no matter where I stop or where I come out from someone is waiting around to ask me what it is and where they can get one. One of my roomates called it a street bike with training wheels until he got on it and it in his words felt like his 07 R6. Tryly though I dont think about what I look like on it anymore since it is so fun to ride.
    Just wish I had more BRP cds or cards to hand out so I didnt have to explain to everyone what the spyder is all about. I think I should get some commission for the refferals ha.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pphantom538
    Interesting how a 25 yo gear head and a 55 year old bone head like myself can pick the same red SE5. <snip>
    Paul
    Hmmm.... Gear head that loves anything with gears and wheels... Does that mean a bone head loves anything that has bones? (or smokes them he he he)

Just kidding...

About that respect on the road... How would the Spyder fare in Laconia Bike Week?
    I'm a newbie, never rode, expecting my Spyder next month and Laconia NH is 1-2 hrs north of me.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

I have to tell you this.Ever since i took delevery i have had nothing but great coments about it young and old everybody loves it big thumbs up from all. Age has nothing to do with it its about what intrests you and your likes are :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

About that respect on the road... How would the Spyder fare in Laconia Bike Week?
    [/quote]

The real men at Laconia will think its cool, those with brains that come in 6 packs may not. But buy 'em a round and the'll all love ya!

Spyder Garage

I'm a little bit of a wrench myself and even though my body is pushing 50 my mind is still in it's 20's ;D
    Pretty much every bike I've own has gotten respect and attention. The I still have a bad to the bone M109R with nitrous http://www.109pics.com/Lamonster/index.htm
    I just sold my Boss Hoss and I had a pretty custom VTX Pro Street Chopper and a SuperCharged Valkyrie and none of those got the attention that the Spyder gets. I'm talking from teens to those in walkers. This thing as spanned all age groups and all styles of riders from the SportBike guys to the Harley guys. I think the only down side is it gets too much attention.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

good stuff man.. Just the kind of
    feedback I was looking for!!

Spyder Garage

I'm knocking on 30's door and I chose the route because I like speed and peace of mind. I'm also an attention whore and my Spydie is an attention magnet.

Most other bikers are cool about. Harley riders- not so much. I've yet to get one of them snobs to wave or nod back. Had one on a Valkyrie pull up next to me the other day (not a good idea on a narrow road with a Spyder) to check out my ride. I waived twice and he just shook his head and fell back behind me. Oh well. At least the samurai are cool.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

spyder18

No I'm 18

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't think it has to do with age. Just some people different things for different reasons.

I get all kinds of responses. Many gawkers, many questions. When I cross paths with other 2-wheeled riders, it's very amusing. Usually one of two responses, in body language: "Whoa!" (rise in upper body and head) and "What the?" (head goes to the side) Most of them wave to me, no less than on my other ride...

I ride with a very eclectic group of 2-wheeled riders. They are always very nice to me. Varying interest levels. I can see that some think it's super cool, while others are in the "ok, but why?" category. I really don't care either way. You ride your own ride, period.

Interestingly, I get less questions about the Spyder than I do my Ural, but just as many gawkers... (btw, the Ural is for sale!)

Two more things-
    I got that 'training wheels' comment once. I said, yeah, you're hilarious, and he walked off.
    My husband LOOOVEs my Spyder, and he's a 2-wheel guy. Says he might end up with a twin of mine. (also, it drives him nuts that mine is not only faster than his, but also a much quicker throttle response.) If you just ride it once, you can't deny that it is complete fun!