Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    have her go on facebook and search "girls on spyders". Faran would take it from there. Just a note: We bought my 2011 spyder ltd in 2011. I had never driven a motorcycle. I did get the semi auto and I'm glad I did. I took to this spyder really quick and I love it. I even go grocery shopping on it. (Thats a whole other story). Ha! Enjoy and let us know what she does.
    Thanks for the additional info and I'm sure she'll definitely catch the bug

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    I wanted the SE5 transmission, not because I couldn't shift this thing, but so I wouldn't have to be thinking through all the things involved in shifting plus all the things about staying safe on a motorcycle with all the crazy drivers in cars out there! I figured my brain cells would be put to better use trying to stay safe.
    I think once we started talking more and more about the safety, she started to warm up to the idea. Plus she's had two "spills" with her Vespa...I think she would feel much safer as well as secure on the Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonniele View Post
    You'll all be trading your cycles in...the web is beginning to spread. You'll soon be so jealous of her, you'll be wanting one also. I'm so glad I got one when my husband got one...we love riding together. Gonna love SpyderFest...long way for us to go to get there but so excited.
    Well, it's going to have to take a lot for me to give up my Aprilia, but the joy of riding with her would make me give up a ride of two

Quote Originally Posted by I2BZ2W8 View Post
    If you want to ride with her I would suggest the RT...I have an RS-SE5 and I love it..
    Will definitely sit on the different models for sure

Quote Originally Posted by CJ/johnnyg View Post
    I too never had a MC license before always rode behind hubby. When he got the RT SE5 I decide I wanted to learn how. So I took my test and class on his RT and I love it. John said it took him about 500 mile to be comfortable and to adjust to the 3 wheels when he got it. I took to it like Faranh. However I bought the RS Se5 and I love it. I prefer to ride my RS over Johns RT. The RT is to bulky for me. I do have the 4" risers and it sets up nicely. I haven't tried the new ST but if I was going to buy a new one I would definitely look into trying the ST. I think it would have the best of the two. comfort and sport. We are a two family and love every min. of it. You always have someone to ride with.
    I can just see the "Kool-Aid" smile on her face

Quote Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
    I have had 3 two wheelers then had neck and hand surgery found it hard to ride my bike so found I was riding less and less but missed it. Did a test drive on a RT and then the new Harley trike for shure it would be the Harley, but I hated the trike, no comfort there!!!! The RT was my bike. I have a viper red 2011 with 14,000 miles on it and have not had it for 2ys. yet, we ride, Mi to Sturgis, yellowstone ect. I LOVE IT NO 2 WHEELS FOR ME, NEVER AGAIN!!! ride with all Harley rides and I am so happy, we also have a Harley Road glide and I hate ridding it, but some like pain. Hope this helps, go test drive!!!
    Very helpful and thank you so much!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Who woulda thunk!!!

Hey all,

Just want to thank everyone for their input and advice...it is very much appreciated. The wifey and I have been discussing the Spyder and she really likes the idea, so I've sent her the information regarding Faran's FB page and I'll let her take it from there.

In the meantime, we've just returned from a trip to Costa Rica. OMG!!! What a fantastic place to visit. We did a fly and drive package, so flew into San Jose and rented an SUV to tour the rest of the country. So we head out of the big city and up into the rainforest and mountains near Arenal Volcano. One day, we have to stop and fill up the SUV and over in the corner of the gas station lot, we see this:

P1010147.jpg
    How about that!!!

xpartan

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpartan1984 View Post
    Hello Lady SpyderLovers,

Would like to get your prespective and impressions of the Spyder. My wife would like to go riding with us (my buddy and I ride the Aprilia Mana) and we thought that either the Spyder RT or ST may be a good fit for her. The less shifting for her, the better it would be and of course the safety of having three wheels for better balance than say a Vespa (which she currently rides) is an added benefit. She's already taken the MSF course and has her M1 certification. So let me hear if you think this is a path we should explore.

Sincerely,

xpartan
    Here at my house, we are a blended "trike" family. Hubby has a 2009 HD Tri-Glide, and I rode with him for about a year. However, he knew I wanted to be in the driver's seat. Although I tried, I'm just too short for the wide gas tank on the HD's. A friend of mine who owns a Spyder let me bend her ear for a while, and it turned out the dealer is only about 15 miles away. We went there on a vacation, and the rest is history! I never even had to test drive her. A few short days later, my 2010 Orbital Blue RT-A, was home! And she is also the SE-5 (semi automatic), transmission, so there is way less shifting involved. IMHO, the best thing to do would be to go test drive both models, and go from there. It is definitely a great path to follow! If you have computer access, try searching for Girls On Spyders on Facebook. It's a fantastic place to talk with other female riders, who can offer a great wealth of experience and knowledge! Good Luck!!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I too had a Burgman Exec. But quickly got rid of it. I did a test drive on both the RS and the RTS SE5. My back did not care for the RS so I bought the RT. I ride almost every weekend with a local motorcycle group. We also do several over night rides so I love the Turing aspect of the RT. Lots of room for gear. Mine is a 2011 and I plan to keep it.

Best of luck to her!!!
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Short and sweet - never rode anything. Bruiser bought first RT in 2010. Asked me if I wanted to learn how to drive. He bought a Vulcan, had it 10 months, and traded it in on 2012 RT. I never had a desire to do two wheels> I do enjoy the manual transmission. It's all in what's she's comfortable with, and WILL become 'addicted' to ryding. Bruiser and I have a good time ryding together separately.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Same story. This is my first bike. Wanted one for years and this looked like something I could handle. I ended up getting the RS because with the RT I felt like I was sitting on a tank. It felt big and bulky compared to the RS. I like that sporty feeling. I did get the SE5 and I love it. I had absolutely no problem learning to drive the bike. I guess my experience riding ATVs made it much easier for me to adjust. If I was buying one today, I would buy the ST. It combines the best of both worlds. Regardless of the model she chooses, there is nothing like the feel of the world going by as you drive your OWN bike. Happy hunting!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    Same story. This is my first bike. Wanted one for years and this looked like something I could handle. I ended up getting the RS because with the RT I felt like I was sitting on a tank. It felt big and bulky compared to the RS. I like that sporty feeling. I did get the SE5 and I love it. I had absolutely no problem learning to drive the bike. I guess my experience riding ATVs made it much easier for me to adjust. If I was buying one today, I would buy the ST. It combines the best of both worlds. Regardless of the model she chooses, there is nothing like the feel of the world going by as you drive your OWN bike. Happy hunting!
    Hi Daisyjoe,

Excellent information and advice. She's definitely one for having fun but also making things easier all the way around.

xpartan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    I even go grocery shopping on it. (Thats a whole other story). Ha! Enjoy and let us know what she does.
    How about sharing you grocery shopping experiences with your spyder and how you carry your groceries?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.