Spyder Garage

Default Info Mod. My Spyder RS SE5 2009

Hi guys, I'm a motorcyclist Italian,
    This year I would like to mount on my Spyder RS SE5 2009 the fenders of the new Spyder RT Model 2013 can you tell me if the kit attacks are different from my model and if I replace them?
    And again I would change my steering with the model Spyder RT 2013 but I do not know if it jeopardized the safety of the bike and I can not know if it is compatible with my model
    Thanks for the help and if one day one of you happens in Italy in Puglia me a whistle.
    Spyder Raider for EVER
    Ps Sorry for my English language school

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

your English is much better than my Italian! I believe that you can put the fenders from the 2013 RSS on your Spyder but I don't know if the RT fenders will work. As for the steering I don't have an answer for you.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fenders

Hello to Italy,
    You can definitely mount new design ST-S fenders on RS but i don't know about RT at all
    steering? - no idea but what would you gain from it? - if you dont mind me asking
    send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers and emails so i can meet you when in Italy or vice versa if you are in Ireland
    Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Yes it is possible.
    Spy+ did it.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ers-on-my-GS-R

Hello from Canada

Spyder Garage

Default Why...?

Italia...the fenders should not be a problem as stated above. The steering I don't think has changed. The suspension and sway bars have. You would do better with a BajaRon sway bar and elka's or the RT shocks. Factory are using Fox shocks. Welcome to spyder lovers hope we are helping you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

thanks guys
    Your help has been invaluable
    I expect you all in Italy in Puglia in Monopoli
    With regard to the steering I have one in the photo gray but I would like to mount one in the photo of the black modelloSpyder 2013 and prior RT, RS, ST 2013
    which I think has a better style do not you think

t263_7c7970dc393c4f2ccec67b0064cc2c72.jpgt334_01599fb281b1dc5a4887ffb3b704cd58.jpg
    Last edited by gozzillaman; 03-04-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2013 Fenders are no problem. Buy the fenders and fender kits out of the BRP catalog. We've done 2 sets now and the kits are very complete with all new bolts and everything needed. They even include some extra goodies to accommodate the model year differences over the years. Cost is about $650US.

2013 Steering on an 08'-12' RS is going to be difficult. Basically, all of the 2013 models went to the RT steering. The RS uses a 3 bolt steering head with real bars. The RT uses a 4 bolt steering head that is all integrated with only some bar stubs.
    I've never done one but it looks to me that you'd either have to:
    1) Swap out the complete steering system including the steering head and frame mounts down to the box. This I'd imagine will be pricey and still may not work. I'm sure you'll have other obstacles too...
    2) Talk to someone about fabbing up an adapter plate. One that mounts to the 3 bolt steering head but also has provisions for the 4 bolt RT steering/bars.....<<<This is what I'd do if I were looking into it....

Either way you may have to be creative at a few areas....for instance, the RS uses a throttle cable and cable mount. The RT does not.
    It's not going to be cheap at all!...

If you dive into it, take some pictures and post them up!
    Doug

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, if your just looking to get rid of the ugly stock silver bar cover on your 09' RS consider either having it painted or swap it out with a 11'-12' RSS black cover.
    That is probably one of the first things I did on mine. I think it was about $100US for the black bar cover off an RSS.
    Good Luck!