Spyder Garage

Default J & M Integratr IV product Review....So far...no bike to bike yet

Okay, we just got our Integratr's yesterday as we were leaving for work so no time to try them out last night. But when we got home, we decided to get started. First step, installing the headsets into our helmets. This is a real bugger. Now I know why they offer to have you send your helmet in to them and they charge $50.00. Can be time consuming and you must be very careful. I did get my headset installed though and my ear pieces fit like a glove. They look like they are built into the side of my helmet. The way my helmet is set up, I have a pretty thick piece of foam that goes between the ear piece and my ear. I was concerned that I would be able to hear through all that foam and that I may have to cut some of it away. I hooked my ipod up and my cell phone and they have an FM tuner as part of the Integratr. I got on my Spyder and took it out at speeds of just over 70 so I could get an idea of the sound. Fantastic. My ipod sounds great, the radio is wonderful, the station I listen to comes in clear as a bell (strange saying). I did not try to make a phone call on the Spyder, but I can call through my helmet, we tested it at home. Now we just have to wait for our T-series Motorola's to get here (Friday) and we can put the bike to bike to the test, both with VOX and PTT. I will keep you updated.

With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: J & M Integratr IV product Review....So far...no bike to bike yet

:bigthumbsup:

Happy anniversary

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    :bigthumbsup:

Happy anniversary
    Thank you so very much, and you too, a little early

Spyder Garage

any pics yet?
    Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diggittt
    any pics yet?
    Diggittt
    I will try to get pics Friday morning or this weekend. I won't have the two way radios until Friday, but I could post helmet install pics. That was a bugger. I will mention it to Brian, he may take some pics when he gets home tonight, I am on for a 24 hour shift so I won't be home until Thursday evening. I will get some up soon though, promise.

Spyder Garage

Here's a few photos of helmet install before I left for work, these aren't the greatest and maybe Brian will post some of his later.

Here is a photo of the earpiece mounted flush with the helmet wall and under the foam innards;

Here is a photo of the small part that is mounted on the side of your helmet to connect the wires to. You can take this wire on and off as needed, so all that would be there all the time is this small part.

Here is a photo with the upper wire coming out. You connect a lower wire to this and that connects to the Integratr.

Sorry I don't have time to get better or more pics, but I will try this weekend with the whole set up and on the bike and everything.
    Deb

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    Here's a few photos of helmet install before I left for work, these aren't the greatest and maybe Brian will post some of his later.

Here is a photo of the earpiece mounted flush with the helmet wall and under the foam innards;

Here is a photo of the small part that is mounted on the side of your helmet to connect the wires to. You can take this wire on and off as needed, so all that would be there all the time is this small part.

Here is a photo with the upper wire coming out. You connect a lower wire to this and that connects to the Integratr.

Sorry I don't have time to get better or more pics, but I will try this weekend with the whole set up and on the bike and everything.
    Deb
    No worries those pics are great!!! Thankyou for taking the time to get some up before your long shift tonight. Be safe out there.....

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Spyder Garage

Just an added note, on my way to work yesterday, I took the expressway. I could hear the FM radio unit in my helmet with no problem and I did not have the volume all the up either. I shure hope the radios are this clear and loud for bike to bike when they come in.

Spyder Garage

Here are a few pics of my helmet headset install. Basically the same as dltang's but I have also cut in my microphone. It was a little nerve-wracking to install this as I didn't want to screw up the placement or cut too much of the liner away and then have a messed up job. I installed the speakers so they were centered closest to where the center of my ear is. That was not in the area of the helmet that was open for the speaker placement. As a result, some of the edge of the speakers is covered by my cheek pad foam. The wires routed easily around the helmet in between the shell and the liner and the rest tucked in neatly between the cheek pads and the liner.

Speaker

Microphone

With cheek pad in place

Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.