Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ST handbar gadget mounting

Just a quick question Im looking at Iphone mounting options just wanted to make sure is the ST handlebar the same as the RT for holes/mounting? Cause Im not seeing ST specific options alot of RT Im thinking it is just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Iphone

Do you have a GPS on the bike, if not I'm sure they make a mount for that, and you could mount one there. I haven't seen much for the ST either, we have a few things that we would like to mount! Like a cup holder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredCGRider View Post
    Do you have a GPS on the bike, if not I'm sure they make a mount for that, and you could mount one there. I haven't seen much for the ST either, we have a few things that we would like to mount! Like a cup holder.

Got it done went with a RT gadet mount from KewlMetal and then RAM Ball mount hardware, works well Im using the Iphone for everything, GPS, Music, Phone. Now I need to figure how Im gonna do a direct to battery Iphone charging cable then Im all set.

Thanks!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Osros View Post
    Got it done went with a RT gadet mount from KewlMetal and then RAM Ball mount hardware, works well Im using the Iphone for everything, GPS, Music, Phone. Now I need to figure how Im gonna do a direct to battery Iphone charging cable then Im all set.

Thanks!
    Do you have pictures you could post showing the mounting (without the iPhone in it)?
    Last edited by VADale; 07-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just saw this if you need will be happy to take a few pics. And parts list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

This is the Kewlmetal Gizmo bracket for the RT mounted on the STS

2013-05-19 16.27.25 (Small).jpg

Note that it's facing downward instead of up like it would be on an RT. No big deal really, doesn't interfere with anything.

I believe some of the other RT mounting brackets that mount to the handlebar bolts like this will also work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    This is the Kewlmetal Gizmo bracket for the RT mounted on the STS

2013-05-19 16.27.25 (Small).jpg

Note that it's facing downward instead of up like it would be on an RT. No big deal really, doesn't interfere with anything.

I believe some of the other RT mounting brackets that mount to the handlebar bolts like this will also work.
    I always wondered if the RT mounts would work on an ST...Thanx for the pix!!!
    Problem for me is that I have the nav (Zumo) and that mount configuration won't work for me

Wonder if I can adapt your water bottle mount to hold my phone. Disappointed that the ST-S isn't integrated for Android, but seems as if I'm alone in that sentiment.

Spyder Garage

No! I want Android integration too! I'm looking at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2220108

What I really want to do is take a Raspberry Pi in the trunk and turn it into a "flight computer" that would do a lot of different things including making my bluetooth from my front mounted phone look like an iPOD.

This was how I mounted and it would probably work for ST too: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...078#post668078
    2013 RT , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I always wondered if the RT mounts would work on an ST...Thanx for the pix!!!
    Problem for me is that I have the nav (Zumo) and that mount configuration won't work for me
    I'm sure someone has come up with an amps adapter for the Zumo. I would have to see the gps to confirm anything tho.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Of Course!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wd5gnr View Post
    No! I want Android integration too! I'm looking at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2220108

What I really want to do is take a Raspberry Pi in the trunk and turn it into a "flight computer" that would do a lot of different things including making my bluetooth from my front mounted phone look like an iPOD.

This was how I mounted and it would probably work for ST too: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...078#post668078
    I am on the XDA Dev site all the time to root my Note 2, GS4, Motorola Xoom Tab, and my son's Nook Color...never even thought of going there for advice on integrating Android into the Spyder. Thanks wd5gnr for getting me thinking outside the box with the Android integration. If I could get my Galaxy Note2 integrated, I may never have a reason to drive my car again (except for rainy days, of course)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pic on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    I'm sure someone has come up with an amps adapter for the Zumo. I would have to see the gps to confirm anything tho.
    Hi Sny...i'll post some pics of the nav unit a bit later today. As you said, hopefully someone has come up with a nifty device to attach a phone mount to the existing GPS mount. I'm sure i'm not the 1st ST owner with Nav that wants to mount their phone too.

In the meantime, i'll be looking into the Android integration on my Spyder thanks to the input from wd5gnr.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just installed mounting for both my iPhone and Satellite radio. I found you can buy mounting hardware for the Rivco drink holder. (Just the mounts, not the drink cup). Kinda pricy as the chrome mount with hardware goes for $30. I found a dealer that sold them but cheaper shipping.

I used a RAM ball and short RAM arm clamp and X grip for phone, RAM square for radio. (I've yet to get the radio relocated from frunk.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red