Spyder Garage

Default RSS seat. Is it just a seat cover?

Hi all, I saw this cover on ebay. My question is... Does the RSS seat just have a cover like shown, or us it a complete seat assembly (different than the RS). Pictured us a BRP leather stitched seat cover for the RS. Anyone have this??? Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361316474.536281.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SEAT FEEL ? ? ?

This is tricky...I have an 08 GS w/stock seat, thought it was pretty comfortable....Then I bought a 2011 RSS w/stock seat and drove it non-stop (except for gas and pee break ) for 685 miles......No problem.....Not sure I could say that for my 08 GS.........I did have different grips on it tho......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default cover up

that is an optional cover that covers the original cover that is under that cover once you cover it up
    it was fun while it lasted.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder ri View Post
    Hi all, I saw this cover on ebay. My question is... Does the RSS seat just have a cover like shown, or us it a complete seat assembly (different than the RS). Pictured us a BRP leather stitched seat cover for the RS. Anyone have this??? Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361316474.536281.jpg

I have one. It's the same seat, only with a nicer cover for looks.

Just like Coz said it just covers up the plain black stock seat cover. With that said, it does improve the look of the seat 100x for the better. You wouldn't think Stiching in a seat cover would matter much for looks, but trust me...... it does.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the BRP cover on my stock 2012 seat and it does make an aesthetic difference for sure.
    The seats from RS to RSS are identical except for the covers. However, The BRP add on cover has a slightly different stitching pattern than the RSS stock cover but they are very similar.
    If your looking to buy the cover with gray stitching and looking at a price ANYWHERE even close to what they go for new (rip off), then send me a PM....I'm not using my stock 2012 seat with that same cover on it......And I currently have 3 different seats...........I'm sure we can figure something out...
    Later!
    Doug