Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Portrage wisc. Looking for other Sypder riders

Good very cold February everyone; I live up in Portage Wi. my wife and I this fall traded up from an RS to an RT and are wondering if there are any Spyder groups in our general area. Hoping to link up with others for some rides this coming season.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkel_wolf View Post
    Good very cold February everyone; I live up in Portage Wi. my wife and I this fall traded up from an RS to an RT and are wondering if there are any Spyder groups in our general area. Hoping to link up with others for some rides this coming season.
    Hi my name is Gary and my wife ( Cheryl) and I live in Mauston which isn't to far from you and it would be great to meet up some time,when it gets warmer for the bikes. We ride with a few other couples often in the summer and would love to meet up with you two. Do you have any plans to go to spyderfest because you are welcome to come along with us. e-mail garylester@mchsi.com

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding groups

I suggest you watch the rides from the Johnson Creek, WI area. SOAR (Spyder Owners And Riders) in Wisconsin (wisoar) Their website is http://wisoar.shutterfly.com/ They are also found on Facebook at: Spyder Owners and Ryders
    Sometimes we travel north through your territory.

Jeff Woodard of Woodstock Spyder Ryders posted the following ride that gets closer to your territory. I'm going.

"Karen and I will be going a winery tour ride on June 1st and 2nd along the Mississippi River on the Great River Road. This is a two day, three state, ride with stops at 6 wineries for wine tasting and food sampling. We will not have time to stop at all 9 wineries on the full tour but 6 should be plenty of wine.
    I want to extend an invitation to everyone to join us for this tour. You can sign up for the wine and food testing or for those designated drivers, you can sign up just to taste test the food. Those doing the wine tasting get a glass and a case that holds 6 wine bottles at the first stop. The final route will depend on who would like to join us. I have the schedule and route such that everyone should be able to get home by 10:00pm on Sunday. The main issue is being able to get everyone to the first winery outside La Cross by about 11:00am on Saturday. We may have to work out some options for those of you in Chicago.
    The basic rout is:
    Starting point (TBD) to Madison on I-90
    Right now I would have to leave Rockton by 6:00 am. I will most likely start outside Madison.
    Madison to La Cross on 14
    From La Cross we ride along the Great River RD to;
    Elmaro Vineyard
    Seven Hawks
    Danzinger Vineyards & Winery
    Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery
    Falconer Vineyards Winery
    I have 45 minutes planned for each stop. Karen’s relatives have done the tour and said 45 minutes was a good average time.
    Stop for the night in Red Wing, MN
    We will make some photo stops as we find some nice spots. I have not done this side of the river but it looks better than the west side.
    Sunday
    Leave around 9:00 to Gaven Heights Vineyard
    Gaven Heights Vineyard to La Cross
    Take route 33 to Wisconsin Dells for a late lunch at Marley’s
    Route 33 is a nice twisty and scenic road.
    From Marley’s we take back roads home.
    If time gets tight those that wish to can jump on I-90 and head back home.
    The final mileage from Potts to Potts will be about 670 miles.
    See the web site for details about the wineries.
    http://www.greatriverroadwinetrail.org
    If you have any questions just email me at jeffatam@hotmail.com or post here.
    These wineries put on this tour twice a year and they have a big turnout. Last year’s tickets sold out quickly so I wanted to get an early start on the planning.
    I hope you guys would like to join us.
    I can’t add this as an event so just post here for now."
    Greta Guth