Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seats live up to the HYPE!

Well guys beautiful weather today here in the Baton Rouge area with a little nip in the air. High 40s to Low 50s. Had to take a ride today as my butt has wanted to ride in its new Ultimate Seat. Rode little over 200 miles and I have to say not one time did I wiggle and try to get comfortable or have to stand up a bit so my butt could reposition itself. From the very first moment I sat down it was as if the seat said, "you're mine now and you're not going anywhere". TOTAL COMFORT! But all the hype about an Ultimate Seat is indeed true. I had the BRP Comfort Seat and the fit, feel, structure, comfort and looks don't even compare. So far the only money I consider that I threw away on extras is the purchase of the BRP Comfort Seat. I should of went ahead and got an Ultimate at the beginning. They are much better than the stock ones without question and would be money well spent. I know this subject has been commented on before but I felt so good I just had to post this. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

Last edited by Sting; 02-16-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

But do you still have to use the Airhawk R in the summer heat?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the good words on Ultimate seats. My wife and I are getting them on Wednesday and am eager to take a ride on them. Did you install yourself and if so, are they difficult to install? Your seat looks really nice with that bike.

Spyder Garage

Did you buy the special Stanley wrench that Des recommends? I got one at Walmart & it really made the job easier. The main thing you need to do is cover the openings at the bottom rear of the seat area so you don't lose any parts. I did fine. Des's instructions are very good. Congrats on the Ultimate, looks great on that Lava Bronze. Classy!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    Did you buy the special Stanley wrench that Des recommends? I got one at Walmart & it really made the job easier. The main thing you need to do is cover the openings at the bottom rear of the seat area so you don't lose any parts. I did fine. Des's instructions are very good. Congrats on the Ultimate, looks great on that Lava Bronze. Classy!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The seat looks great on your Limited. I see you went for the 2-tone. That is really sharp.

I agree about covering the holes. My bro installed mine for me and I had shown him the SL thread about it. He said it really helped and he had duck tape over the holes the whole time.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

congrats on the ultimate! couldn't agree more!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very nice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That looks outstanding!
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I went to the Ultimate Showroom in Ormond Beach last week and ordered a new seat for my ST-S. I will return to their shop for the installation of the seat. Glad to hear that you are satisfied with your new seat. I wanted to get mine installed before making the ride from Florida to SpyderFest.
    2013 Yellow Spyder ST-S SE5 ~ BRP AM/FM Radio, Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS, Sena Bluetooth Dongle, Fog Lights, 12V Power Outlet, Saddle Bags, Front Cargo Liner, Heated Grips, Rear Sport Rack w/ Backrest, Trailer Hitch ~ Ultimate Seat w/ Backrest ~ GloRyder Wheel Lights ~ CalSci Ultra Windshield ~ Back-Off LED License Frame ~ TricLED Amber & Red Front Fender Lights ~ Brightside LED Lights, GIVI Lights & Triple Play ~ BumpSkid ~ Belt Tensioner ~ Cup Holder ~ IPS Key Holder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Recently installed my ultimate seat and love it. The backrest is my favorite part. Installed it myself without the special wrench. Took a little longer but still an easy install. Definitely worth the extra time to cover the holes under seat so as not to lose any parts.

Larry.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RT-S, and I'm looking at getting the Tall Boy version of the Ultimate seat, along with the driver and passenger back rest. My concern however is that my wife will feel "cramped" back there in the passenger seat as the driver sits back an extra inch and a half in the Tall Boy. Anyone out there have an opinion on the Tall Boy? I need to get this right as I would be ordering the seat with custom stiching, which would rule me out for the 14 day trial. My wife is 5'4" if that helps.

Spyder Garage

Ok, some delicate questions....your height, weight and build, as well as hers. Generally, you should both fit ok, but the lady at Ultimate Seats can say for sure. If both if you are "normal sized" there should not be any problems.
    Can-Am Spyder RT 2011 Limited with Ultimate Seat, Lamonster Highway Pegs and Bracket, Garmin 650, Trailer Hitch and Diamondplated Trailer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm 6'1", 190 lbs. Wife is 5'4" and medium build. She currently has plenty of wiggle room on the current stock BRP seat, so I can't imagine that giving up an inch and a half with the Ultimate Tall Boy is going to make her uncomfortable. But I'm eager to hear what others have to say about the matter... Anyone have any passenger issues with the Tall Boy?

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

The only draw back I have found to the Ultimate seat over O.E.M. seats is the material used by Ultimate is somewhat smoother then that used by B.R.P. and I tend to slip from side to side occasionally. I have put well over 2,000 miles on my new Ultimate seat and do find it very comfortable, The fuel door is also very convenient, much easier then having to lift the seat every time to fill the gas tank. also love the back rest!

Very Happy Rider

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

Very nice! I love those seats when they have a 2-tone look to them. I love mine as well. Best purchase I've made to date

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JaymeG33 View Post
    Very nice! I love those seats when they have a 2-tone look to them. I love mine as well. Best purchase I've made to date
    Thanks Jayme! Always nice to catch the eye of the female Spyder Ryders