Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Well, so far so good, haven't had it happen again. Dealer figures it was the traction control kicking in; it's going to go in for the 1k checkup/change and have the front bumper replaced. They said they would go over it with a fine toothed comb. They treat me really well at the Kelowna dealership.

"Sometimes through the winds of change, we find our true direction"

2019 RTL SE6, Spyder upgrades ultraguard cover, foam grip cover, trunk organizer, magic mirror kit, saddlebag liners, ultimate seat with gas door and rain cover, heavy duty gas shock for seat, back rest, glove box protector, BajaRon sway bay, front grill, short spiral antenna, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS with mount, trunk light, large brake pedal, wide vu mirrors, barb wire decal kit, highway pegs, hot grips.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ahhh... So it was an "RW error"...

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I wicked it up on a piece of wet blacktop, and accidently spun the tire to clean the mud off of it.

R
    ight Wrist
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    This does not make Miss Nanny happy!
    Can't hold it sustained. But it will idle forever like that "in gear" rear wheel spinning with no nanny kicking in. I do it when adjusting the belt. And yes, the nanny works! trust me I know. rear tire burned off in less than 6000 miles with no burnouts. Just riding the corners. the old bag "nanny" checks in every time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps the difference in speeds between the stationary fronts, and the spinning rear isn't quite high enough to wake her up?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtspyder View Post
    Can't hold it sustained. But it will idle forever like that "in gear" rear wheel spinning with no nanny kicking in. I do it when adjusting the belt. And yes, the nanny works! trust me I know. rear tire burned off in less than 6000 miles with no burnouts. Just riding the corners. the old bag "nanny" checks in every time.
    You can idle there, but if you raise the revs beyond a certain level you will get a VCS warning and some fault codes, and sometimes the traction control kicks in. That is why you need to remove the ABS sensors to put the Spyder on the dyno.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

If the sound is from backfiring it could be poping at the exaust gasket and that would make it sound like it was under you and not at the pipe. Years ago ford had a problem with blowing exaust gaskets and it sounded like throwing a rod.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You can idle there, but if you raise the revs beyond a certain level you will get a VCS warning and some fault codes, and sometimes the traction control kicks in. That is why you need to remove the ABS sensors to put the Spyder on the dyno.
    Or just turn the handle bars i few degrees left or right.!!

Spyder Garage

Default *facepaws*

Well...Wolfy is back in the shop. He died on me in the middle of the intersection on the highway. *sighs* Soooooo....he was in the shop a few weeks ago for the first service, and I had Nelly go over him with all of the things that I had noticed before the service: he changed the plugs and got it all done up again. I tell you that bike rode totally different. Smile was a mile wide. Then...the backfire slowly returned...and so did the flat spot upon acceleration. Then, this morning while out riding and getting a few things done, there was an audible miss. The tach was bouncing from 1100 to 1550 and back, I thought it was gonna die. I put it into neutral, revved him up a bit and then put him into first to get going. That's when the chattering started. I feathered the gas and it evened out after a bit, but I knew something was direly wrong. I started to head to the Ski Doo dealer, which was about 3 blocks from where I was, because I had this ugly feeling in the pit of my gut. Then, when I was sitting at the intersection to get my ass off the highway, he started to chug like he was only running on one hole. Gave him a light feather to the gas....buh-buh-pop...chatter-chatter-chatter..buh-buh.....and then nothing. Dead. F**%$$#@^^&***%%$ Get off and roll him backwards just a tad so I could get a bit of momentum to push him forward, and ran over my foot. Got pissed off, jumped back on him and hit the starter. He fired up, but oooooh did he sound sick. I chugged-a buh-buh-pop-fart and JUST managed to get him into the parking lot, where the mechanic was helping unstrap some units. Got him to listen to it and he just stood there with his mouth open, shaking his head. Sooooooo....he's getting trailered and being taken into the bigger dealer tonight and back into the shop he goes to find out WTF is going on. He couldn't figure out off his head what it could be....plugs, maybe coil. *whimpers* Arrrrrgh I hope they find out what is wrong with him...I don't want to be without my scoot for too long.

2019 RTL SE6, Spyder upgrades ultraguard cover, foam grip cover, trunk organizer, magic mirror kit, saddlebag liners, ultimate seat with gas door and rain cover, heavy duty gas shock for seat, back rest, glove box protector, BajaRon sway bay, front grill, short spiral antenna, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS with mount, trunk light, large brake pedal, wide vu mirrors, barb wire decal kit, highway pegs, hot grips.

Spyder Garage

Angry *Update*

Well, for anyone that's interested...looks like my bike is getting a set of injectors and a throttle body. Thank you BRP warranty.

Spyder Garage

Unusual problem. I hope you are back on the road soon, and that the rest of your miles will be trouble free.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

It was the same problem that I had before; after the service was done it ran awesome....but then....it slowly returned, then got worse. No codes. Nothing. Backfire was shooting three foot flames out the pipe, flat spot returned upon gentle acceleration, and that chatter came back....only this time it started from a dead stop. They unhooked the fuel injection, then hooked up one side and ran it. It ran on one hole, but as soon as they hooked up the second injector it died. Because it was making the same chattering problem but from a dead start, they are bringing in a throttle body as well. I damn near died when they told me the price on that thing!!!

Spyder Garage

Turns out the spark plug boot was cracked and arcing out on the cylinder head. Everything was fine when it was cold but once it warmed up it ran like shyt. So, two new plugs, and two new boots. Picking it up tomorrow!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Turns out the spark plug boot was cracked and arcing out on the cylinder head. Everything was fine when it was cold but once it warmed up it ran like shyt. So, two new plugs, and two new boots. Picking it up tomorrow!
    You need to replace the OEM spark plugs/wires with iridium plugs and BajaRon's wires.
    The OEM setup is really, really, REALLY bad.

Did I mention that the that the OEM spark plug wires suck rotten eggs ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the updates, hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Hope it is fixed.

Spyder Garage

Yikes....I had no idea they were THAT bad... Gotta love outsourcing.