Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yeah it seemed like the controllers supplied by aerocharger look the same as the ones two bros. racing supplies for their exhaust. I hear that the power commanders have much more to offer. thats probably why they switched because the power commander can handle the power curve of the turbo.

Spyder Garage

Sooner or later Doc will see this post. He can tell you all there is to know about the turbo. The fun and the possible consequences.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe one of you RS pilots should pitch a PM at him...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ooch..!!

Seems that I ruffled a few feather with my comment on this subject. Seeing as those that responded resorted to comparisons like yugos to vetts ( mostly driven by older gentelmen with flashy chics at the speed limit) steak to cheap meat ( which is probably an affordability issue) and avoiding hitting a truck head on ( which seems to be a judgement call ) then why hit the wall at 65 and kill yourself when you can hit the wall at 30 and survive..?

Love this site just for this reason. It is not onesided and we all can voice our thoughts on any given suject..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Seems that I ruffled a few feather with my comment on this subject. Seeing as those that responded resorted to comparisons like yugos to vetts ( mostly driven by older gentelmen with flashy chics at the speed limit) steak to cheap meat ( which is probably an affordability issue) and avoiding hitting a truck head on ( which seems to be a judgement call ) then why hit the wall at 65 and kill yourself when you can hit the wall at 30 and survive..?

Love this site just for this reason. It is not onesided and we all can voice our thoughts on any given suject..
    It's all about how you put it.

Your opinion matter as much as others but you flat out said why...
    There was a guy here that said why add a free flow muffler, why more fuel with fuel mod, why change to a less restrictive air filter to this fine machine.??? He had moved onto other things now but he thought it was just crazy to do ANY performance mod to a spyder and he was right about this.

We are here because we like our spyder but everyone have different needs and wants and it's common courtesy here to let go of things you don't find attractive or don't need/want.

Getting to 65 quickly, I was referring to common speed limit on freeway around here... And I will try to not to hit a wall... And you shouldn't do so at 30 neither...
    Last edited by aka1004; 02-18-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody just likes to set their bikes up to their own personal tastes... Screenshot_2013-02-17-10-44-42-1.jpg
    Nobody should ever apologize or feel that an explanation is necessary.DirtBike Spyder.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    It's all about how you put it.

Your opinion matter as much as others but you flat out said why...
    There was a guy here that said why add a free flow muffler, why more fuel with fuel mod, why change to a less restrictive air filter to this fine machine.??? He had moved onto other things now but he thought it was just crazy to do ANY performance mod to a spyder and he was right about this.

We are here because we like our spyder but everyone have different needs and wants and it's common courtesy here to let go of things you don't find attractive or don't need/want.

Getting to 65 quickly, I was referring to common speed limit on freeway around here... And I will try to not to hit a wall... And you shouldn't do so at 30 neither...
    Just the reason I have the turbo Busa when I had the Spyder..................When the need for speed showed up, I was ready....LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those "Hawks" are just so SLOW the way that Suzui delivered them!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Those "Hawks" are just so SLOW the way that Suzui delivered them!

I agree.........But, I love the MPG I am getting. LOL

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    Sooner or later Doc will see this post. He can tell you all there is to know about the turbo. The fun and the possible consequences.
    The Aerocharger is so far the ultimate mod to increase the power on a RS SM5 Spyder, both for the fast arriving at a desire speed (1/4 mile) or maintain-it (141.4 miles/hour top speed, 123.8 miles/hour average in the FIM Bonneville 2012).
    I am open to any public discussions about the 186,000 miles RS SM5 before and after the Turbo installation.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So Doc; how come it took until this thread got into the second page before we saw you?
    (Probably out in the shop either lightening or streamlining something Spyderish!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So Doc; how come it took until this thread got into the second page before we saw you?
    (Probably out in the shop either lightening or streamlining something Spyderish!)
    I think he was letting all the armchair professionals hang themselves first, before real-world experience posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do believe that you are correct!