Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST and other Warranties

I'm in talks with a dealer now going over a deal, I mentioned that I was looking for BEST warranty and he said okay but also offered other warranties that he feels has more to offer for coverage. I left it at that did not complete a deal yet but I don't like to be without info and did not ask any further about the other warranties yet. I was wondering if anyone else has warranties other than BEST what they are, info and any good or bad comments.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

There have been both good and bad (horrible) reports about other extended warranties. Evaluate them carefully before you leap. Many are merely cash cows for the dealerships. The BEST warranty is valid at any Spyder dealership in the US. No payment up front followed by reimbursement but there is a deductible. That is something to compare. There are some things it does not cover, and like other warranties it is somewhat subject to adjuster and dealer interpretation, but you need to look carefully before you decide.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Osros View Post
    I'm in talks with a dealer now going over a deal, I mentioned that I was looking for BEST warranty and he said okay but also offered other warranties that he feels has more to offer for coverage. I left it at that did not complete a deal yet but I don't like to be without info and did not ask any further about the other warranties yet. I was wondering if anyone else has warranties other than BEST what they are, info and any good or bad comments.

Thanks

Just a thought. BEST can be purchased anytime before your 2 year warranty expires. So, unless you really like an alternative that needs to be purchased at point of purchase. You have time to decide, and defer the expense.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Just a thought. BEST can be purchased anytime before your 2 year warranty expires. So, unless you really like an alternative that needs to be purchased at point of purchase. You have time to decide, and defer the expense.
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Osros View Post

Thanks

Give a call to our saleswoman Julie Remesik @ 1-877-437-1631 ex 43. She will get you a great deal! Don't forget to mention that your from the spyderlovers forum!

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/
    http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/
    Honda East Toledo
    1230 Conant St.
    Maumee, Ohio 43537
    (419) 891-1230
    (877)-437-1631
    Like us on Facebook!
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Check out our eBay Store

arntufun

Default Only my opinion, but something to ponder

Ask yourself......... Why would someone purchase a warranty (BEST) from a company that is affiliated with the manufacturer (BRP) ??????? Thats like trying to get a fair trial when the members of the jury are related to the DA. Whos "best" intrest do you think BEST warranty has in mind ???????

There have been posts where Best/BRP said they aren't going to cover when they clearly should. If BRP and BEST (remember they are affiliated) say no, your out of luck.

I use an aftermarket warranty (Interstate) and have had 0 issues with them not covering. I can take it to ANY licenced motorcycle shop including BRP dealers with no deductable.
    Last edited by arntufun; 02-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Ask yourself......... Why in you right mind would you purchase a warranty (BEST) from a company that is affiliated with the manufacturer (BRP) ????????

Thats like trying to get a fair trial when the members of the jury are related to the DA. There have been numerous posts where Best/BRP said they aren't going to cover when they clearly should. If BRP and BEST (remember they are affliated) say no, your out of luck.

I use an aftermarket warranty and have had 0 issues with them not covering. I can take it to ANY licenced motorcycle shop including BRP dealers.
    This is an excellent "counterpoint" post. IMHO

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all very good points, not having to buy the warranty right away helps a lot I did not know that. I will most likely go that way wait until I can get all info on the other warranties offered compare and make a decision.

Thanks a lot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ... The BEST warranty is valid at any Spyder dealership in the US...
    My local BRP dealer would not honor my BRP BEST warranty because I did not buy from him. BRP tried to intervene on my behalf with no luck. Had to go to another state to get service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    My local BRP dealer would not honor my BRP BEST warranty because I did not buy from him. BRP tried to intervene on my behalf with no luck. Had to go to another state to get service.
    This is criminal!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have an RPM warranty, Seems okay to me had one major repair which was a water pump shaft,seals. done to repair oil leak. I think the bill was some where around $450. When you purchase bike new and buy warranty at that time you can get it cheaper then if you wait and do it. later. I think you have 30 days before you will not get the cheaper price.
    At one time in FL. dealer's could not sell you a factory warranty you were forced to by after market one. I think this might still be true.

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

I have the Interstate Extended warranty as well. Diamond package. Zero deductible. Have not had to use it yet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by J W Miller View Post
    I have an RPM warranty, Seems okay to me had one major repair which was a water pump shaft,seals. done to repair oil leak. I think the bill was some where around $450. When you purchase bike new and buy warranty at that time you can get it cheaper then if you wait and do it. later. I think you have 30 days before you will not get the cheaper price.
    At one time in FL. dealer's could not sell you a factory warranty you were forced to by after market one. I think this might still be true.

I'm glad you brought up the RPM that was the other one they where offering but it was a bit pricy for the compared to BEST. Still looking it over but confused on pricing will go over it with them tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

I am really confused my self on whitch or who to go with. Found BEST for 800.00 for 3 years and my local dealer wants me to go with his at 3000.00. 3k is a big difference! for a cattle farmer like my self. guess I need to start my home work, mine expires in June.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

The dealer i'm buying from has been offering a bunch of warranty packages, including one that pre-pays all maintenance services for 3 years, and a 7 year warranty, which includes roadside assistance,lodging,transportation,towing,etc in the event of a breakdown, but didn't say if that was all BEST or another supplier, hoping that machine comes in soon so i can look at all my options. The last time i bought a road legal vehicle, (a 2003 dodge ram), the dealer(simmons rockwell in Bath, NY, i name them here because i will NEVER buy a vehicle from them again) was terrible, even down right rude about covering anything after a defective differential part was discovered during a warranty- required service.
    So much for Dodge's bumper to bumper coverage!

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for starting this thread BTW. VERY important info for all owners. I have Western Extended Warranty but still in the primary BRP at the moment. Has anybody had experience with Western? I imagine there are horror stories from every warranty outfit but who has the least and the best service I don't know.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.