Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ST 12V plug !!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't the outlet just unscrew?
    Unscrew it, remove it and check the connections behind it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's_Spyder View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old post, better than starting a new post on the same thing. It looks like I have been bit by this issue also. My 2013 ST Limited 12V outlet doesn't work either. I tried a known good dual outlet USB plug and it didn't work nor did two different cell phone chargers. I swapped the fuse from 6 to 7and back and the outlet still doesn't work. From the picture above I will try to see if the plug is connected and it might be a simple fix.
    I never have good luck with any service department of anything I have ever bought new (Ford, GMC, Dodge or Mercury). I'll probably tackle it myself if it looks feasible.
    Is there a service manual available that shows the best way to get at the plug?
    The 12V outlet is standard equipment on a limited. No matter if it is standard equipment or not the dealer has to hook it up. That is because the Spyder is shipped without the front trunk installed. If you think the wires were not installed or install wrong polarity, (that is what my dealer did), the trunk has to come off. I have taken my trunk off once to install the BT dongle. Next time it will be less than 1/2 hour to do. It looks harder than it is. You can buy and download the service manual and the 2013 version is very good. I got mine from Midwest Manuals.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zamfield View Post
    Doesn't the outlet just unscrew?
    Unscrew it, remove it and check the connections behind it!
    No.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The 12V outlet is standard equipment on a limited. No matter if it is standard equipment or not the dealer has to hook it up. That is because the Spyder is shipped without the front trunk installed. If you think the wires were not installed or install wrong polarity, (that is what my dealer did), the trunk has to come off. I have taken my trunk off once to install the BT dongle. Next time it will be less than 1/2 hour to do. It looks harder than it is. You can buy and download the service manual and the 2013 version is very good. I got mine from Midwest Manuals.
    Thanks for the correct information. It sure looks like the dealer screwed up. I pulled the front trunk off and found the wires still zip tied to the frame. I plugged them in and checked the polarity of the plug. I had it backwards the first time and had to swap the wires. I put it all back together and it works. I only managed to lose one part the small square nut that goes in the battery. I found a spare and took it around the block and everything works they way it should.
    I didn't know I had to pull the truck to add the bluetooth dongle. I ordered one off Ebay Saturday and plan to put it in later when the weather gets bad.