Thread: Windshield News

Marcel July

Default Windshield News

Hi and Hello there,
    first I would like to thank you all for the posted comments on my Windshields.
    Here some news, I work on a website that will show ONLY Spyders with my Windshields on it. On this Website, I will post all comments and reviews and of course a lot of Pictures. Because I just don't find the time, it will take some more day's.
    I also will have a Q/A section and you can ask me anything about my windshields
    and I will answere and post it on this side. The name will be:
    www.SpyderWindshields.com
    Right now this name is Linkt to my general website www.FairingScreen.com
    but as soon as possible, the SpderWindshields.com site will be up and running.
    Also:
    Because of sooo many calls I get every day from Spyder Owners, I have contacted BRP - Canada regarding the existing Windshield Problem. I did come up with several idea's to help.
    Also they have now my Windshields for "Testing Purposes"in Canada available.
    We will see what they will do. I try to find a solution that will give the Spyder Owners
    a option to solve this "Windy"problem for good for NO EXTRA COST !!
    Maybe there is a way, that BRP jumps in for a Free Windshield or at least a Discount on a new Windshield on each new sold Spyder. One thing is for sure, BRP does know, that the Windshields (Stock and Touring) does not work. They word is out, that in Higher Speed, the Spyder's are "hard" to ride and that there most be done.
    I do belive, that we can fix this problem but like I say'd, I am just a Windshield Manufacturer and I can not speak for BRP.
    Thanks a lot and have a great day.

Wijllie

Default Re: Windshield News

Again, Spyderwindshields.com is redirecting to Fairingscreen.com

Again, I can't find Spyder related parts on that site

This smels like pure website promoting...

Spyder Garage

Marcel said, "but as soon as possible, the SpderWindshields.com site will be up and running."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijllie#381
    Again, Spyderwindshields.com is redirecting to Fairingscreen.com

Again, I can't find Spyder related parts on that site

This smels like pure website promoting...

""The name will be:
    www.SpyderWindshields.com
    Right now this name is Linkt to my general website www.FairingScreen.com
    but as soon as possible, the SpderWindshields.com site will be up and running.""

Wijllie

Ok, my bad. Seems I see echos passing by...

By the way the touring windshield sucks, I got less wind and noise with the original one.
    Tested both today on highway. Keep your money.

Spyder Garage

Marcel's F1 windshield does work. There are several threads and pics on both forums. Around town, I prefer the looks of the stock or touring screen... but on long trips or cold weather the F1 will be on.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

What is the $ for an F1 can't find it on site !!!!
    BIGD Love to Ride

Marcel July

Hi there,
    the Windshield Price is $ 119.95 + S.H.
    Website is: www.SpyderWindshields.com
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

im wondering about flexing at high speeds it beeing such a tall windscreen wont that put alot of pressure on the bottom of the the screws something that tall i thought there would be some kind of upper suport for the top of the screen and when will it be avlable to buy?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ld271
    im wondering about flexing at high speeds it beeing such a tall windscreen wont that put alot of pressure on the bottom of the the screws something that tall i thought there would be some kind of upper suport for the top of the screen and when will it be avlable to buy?
    I'm wondering the same thing. If it works as advertised and at high speeds, consider me sold.

-DD
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ld271
    I've had mine up to around 80 and it seemed real solid. I think the numerous swoops and curves in the design add quite a bit of rigidity in addition to deflecting the air flow.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have just ordered a Gustafsson 26X14 " light smoke windshield. I will post a picture and reply next week on how it looks and works.

Marcel July

Larger Windshields on Spyders are not Save !
    Hello there....
    I am glad, that you ask about the size and the "flexing" on the SpyderWindshields.
    Our Design let's the Air "flow". We do not create much more pressure on the holes
    and screws as the Stock Windshields made by BRP. But here is the thing:
    Only with the F1 "Waves and Wings" you can go fast. We have tried so many designs
    and there did all not work.
    Here some Info's:
    First:
    A regular Windshield Design ( Straight up with a small negative flip)
    a size more than 29" in tall bends the Windshield back in to the riders face.
    Second:
    I case of a Accident, there is a big chance to hit the Windshield with your head.
    Third:
    The pressure is so high, that we had 19 Windshield failures such as:
    Windshield Cracks, Windshield broke, Screw's broke, Fairing broke, 3 Windshields
    DID FLY OF !!
    On top of that:
    they did NOT perform.
    These are the reasons, why we have 25" in size, 24" from the left to the right.
    With this numbers, we get the best performance possible and they work even a better
    than any larger version we have tested. We have manufactured a total of 89 Designs
    and tyred more than 47 sizes.
    Now we sell also for the European Market. There the speed id higher than in the US.
    In Germany as a example is the "AUTOBAHN". A Highway with NO Speed limit.
    Because I am from Germany, I know how fast they go. We have made already 25
    Windshields in the exact same Design, we do for the American Market and there work
    great for the Speed there are driving in Europe.
    Our Windshield Design works in Speed up to 110 mph. This is why we ask you for Information regarding the Speed you Drive and how tall you are. We adjust the "Wings and Waves" to the Speed you drive. So that the Wind-presure does not damage anything and the Windshield does what it has to do, to make your ride saver with more comport for you and you passenger.
    You can believe me, that it is "just" to easy, to manufacture a copy of the Stock Windshield and make it super large. Without even to know how the Windshield can and will effect the Bike, Rider and Material. Like They did in the Past.
    Some Manufacture of Aftermarket Parts use still the Customer as there "Test". If it does not Work, they blame it on you or the Bike. Or they don't even ride a Motorcycle.
    All this are the "Old" way's and day's of Windshield Manufacturing. There are always better and smarter way's to go.
    This is way so many people riding now Spyder's.
    If you have any question about the Windshields, please feel free to contact me at any time.
    Thanks and have a save ride.....
    Marcel

Spyder Garage

Marcel, I was the guy in Daytona that you first tried to mount your shield on when it was raining so hard. For me it was a little too tall looks wise but I'm sure it worked great. My touring shield is 19" and that's about as high as I want to go with mine, I'll take wind over style on this one. Can you make one of your shields that is 19" and would it work the same or better than my BRP shield?

By the way I was born in Germany too. :bigthumbsup:
    http://www.muenchweiler.de/English/English.html

Spyder Garage

Marcel,
    Think I'll be calling you for one as well.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Marcel,
    Did you get my windshield shipped to Menomonie, Wisconsin?
    Lloyd

Marcel July

Hy Lamonster,
    long time no see. Did you get home dry from Daytona??
    it was such a pain......
    Of course I can make you a 19" one, but it will not give you the same performance than my Original one. I am sure, that it will be better than the stock one.
    Thanks for asking
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Polack,...........
    YES.... your's is on the Waaaaaaay to you.
    Have fun with it.
    Cheers to all of you....
    Marcel

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel July
    Hy Lamonster,
    long time no see. Did you get home dry from Daytona??
    it was such a pain......
    Of course I can make you a 19" one, but it will not give you the same performance than my Original one. I am sure, that it will be better than the stock one.
    Thanks for asking
    No that was a very wet ride as you know. ;D I think when I get my Spyder back from Bushtec I'll get a hold of you on that.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

got my F1 from Marcel today. installed and road tested. very nice...highly recommend.

Spyder Garage

:a18: :bigthumbsup: looks good, thanks for the great pic. i will be sweet talking the wife so i can get mine ordered
    BIGD Love to Ride

Marcel July

Hello BOHICA,
    it really looks sharp.
    I hope you enjoy the Windshield as much as I do.
    Question:
    Could I use the Pictures and your comment from you in the www.SpyderWindshield.com Website?
    Would be great.
    Ride Safely,
    Regards,
    Marcel

Spyder Garage

Nice - looks great, enjoy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Marcel, is the F1 shield for the Spyder still $129?

Spyder Garage

Well, we finished off the last of our initial Spyder related purchases by ordering two of the F1s from Marcel. dltang spoke with him on the phone and got a bit of good info from him that made our decision a bit easier. That along with a few other good pictures / reviews, like BOHICA's, have us thinking that these will really help us with the long highway ride fatigue. We'll be sure to give our $0.02 once we get them installed.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    got my F1 from Marcel today. installed and road tested. very nice...highly recommend.
    Do I deduce correctly that you gave up on the winglets? Any further commentary on them?