Spyder Garage

Default Glove box problem

I took delivery of my brand new 2012 Spyder RT Limited last week. We went for a ride today. On returning home I took my cell out of the glove box. Now the glove box wont close and stay closed. Is there anything I can do to make it work or is it a dealer repair item? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Small flat head into the lach where it meets puts push it with flat head and will fixit. Do it softly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    Small flat head into the lach where it meets puts push it with flat head and will fixit. Do it softly
    I had the dealer do this repair three times before they finally decided to order a new latch assembly from Can Am.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I had the dealer repair my latch as well. Only a couple of weeks old when it happened to my 2011 RT.

Spyder Garage

Red face Glove Box problem

Quote Originally Posted by ParDuff View Post
    I had the dealer repair my latch as well. Only a couple of weeks old when it happened to my 2011 RT.
    I took the Spyder to the dealer and he discovered a broken latch. A new one is on order and will be installed later this week.

Spyder Garage

Mine is a pain to close and has been that way since day one. I don't use it much because of the closing issue. I have had the dealer look at it several times and just gave up.

My latch just does not want to catch when it is pushed down...(both with the glove box or a srew driver). For me to get it to latch, I have to do a quick, firm double tab on the right side of the glove box cover to get it to latch.

I have been thinking about just buying a new latch for it, but have not priced on yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Mine is a pain to close and has been that way since day one. I don't use it much because of the closing issue. I have had the dealer look at it several times and just gave up.

My latch just does not want to catch when it is pushed down...(both with the glove box or a srew driver). For me to get it to latch, I have to do a quick, firm double tab on the right side of the glove box cover to get it to latch.

I have been thinking about just buying a new latch for it, but have not priced on yet.
    You should not have to buy it, it should be a warranty repair. Lean on your dealer, he should have replaced the latch long before this.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I been having the same problem. After do some troubleshooting on my 2012 RTL it appears that the locking cable is not coming back to the full unlock position. I disconnected the cable at the latch and rerouted the cable out of the way so not to interfere with any thing. Now the glove box will latch and unlatch just fine. The cable is for locking the glove box when the handlebar is in the locked postion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM