Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default #2971 is home 1 month early

Well I got the call Monday that my Spyder was in along with like 17 others! :hot:
    Apparently my dealer, Bob's Ski-Doo in N. Easton Mass got all his March and May orders delivered on Mar 31. Caught me a little off guard but I scrambled to make plans to pick it up ASAP. Doesn't he know the snowmobiling season is still open till April 15 an there's still lots of snow left? ;D

Anyway I made arrangements to borrow a snowmobile trailer from a co-worker to go get it Wednesday. That morning started out OK when I got to work and saw a nice big empty trailer in the employee parking lot. When I bent down to check the plate what did my eyes accidentally discover......
    Any guesses?
    Expired plate?
    Nope .... way worse!
    CRACKS !! :edit: :edit: :'(
    Yup both frame rails cracked completely in half just aft of the springs. The only thing holding the back half of the trailer in place was the plywood deck. YIKES!

Time for plan B.
    Got on the phone calling every available U-haul dealer trying to find someone with the 6 X 12ft one in stock. Finally scored one a half hour away. Thought I was all set till they asked what my tow vehicle was. F-150 no problem right? Wrong!! :edit: :edit: :edit: Bumper hitch was to high for their trailer and they would not rent it to me. Arrgh

Time for Plan C.
    Begged everyone in my group for a vehicle with a receiver & a drop hitch. My boss says I can borrow his Astro-Van but the receiver is at his house. Thank goodness he only lives 10 min away so after a quick trip to his house it's off to U-haul. Rental was $29.95 but they close at 7pm and it's already 2:30 and the dealer is still an hour away.

Got there in plenty of time to go over the machine and check everything on the PDI was done correctly. He seemed a little surprised I knew everything to look for. Thanks SpyderLovers! :bigthumbsup: Overall great experience at the dealer other than he refused to let me pay the balance on my Discover Card. I really wanted that 1% cash back but he wouldn't budge. They did do a great job loading it into the trailer. The U-haul gate was no where near long enough or low enough to drive on so they loaded it on to another trailer and the backed it up to mine so we could just drive on. Pretty slick.

Anyway got home ok. Had great fun getting it out. Warning to others: (3) - 6ft long 2x6's are not strong enough to hold the weight of a Spyder! Halfway down I heard a crack so my buddy ran over and quickly threw some rocks under the middle of each bent board. Got down OK but be warned - I might have busted up some plastic if them boards let go. That would have been real bad. I even managed to get the trailer & my boss's van back by 7pm!

Poor Spyder now has to sit for a few days till I get Plate & Motorcycle permit. Yup I know ... shouldn't have procrastinated. Sometimes thing do happen sooner than promised. Just 199 day wait for me! Without further delay I introduce to you my new Spyder:

Happy Trails to All

Spyder Garage

Default Re: #2971 is home 1 month early

Great story, sounds just like one of my adventures. ;D Glad you made it home safe and hope you sleep well till the sun comes out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new Spyder. Despite all travails, you perservered! Well done!

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

SPYMAN
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...