Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default Steering Recall

I just had my first service on my ST-S last Friday. The Service Manager told me there is a Recall on the lower ball joints of the ST-S and the parts are just getting out to the dealers. He thought his would be in by the third week of April. He said it was supposed to make a big improvement in the steering, and well worth the change. I don't think it is actually a safety issue as it is simply a handling issue. I will be going in to have mine updated as soon as the parts come in.

Spyder Garage

Default Steering

While at Spyder Fest I had Sypder Pops install a Ronjon sway bar on my 2011 RT. Man what a difference. On the ride home (552 miles) the steering was crisp and there was no wandering at all. I have 20k miles on my RT and have always ridden with a very loose grip as I had read everything on Spyder Lovers about riding techinques but the sway bar is well worth the money. I am running factory shocks and I pull a Can Am trailer.

Greg Cain
    Birmingham, AL
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"