Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    The Pearl White does not match my RS its much to bright. i might Have done it wrong since the Pearl White requires a 3 step process. White Base, Pearl White and Clear coat. Plus it came with no instructions. The Base is too Bright white and the Pearl white is a clear/gray/blue and vey thin. I was unclear if you apply base and pearl white togeather before applying or if it is two separate applications. i did it both ways and still not even a close match. Very disapointed

Sir,

This color has been very popular for us so I'm surprised you had this issue. Give us a call at 818-600-8160 or PM me and we can see about getting the problem resolved.

Thank you,
    Uri
    TUD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Touchup Direct should not sell it if it not even a close match. What a waste of money and time. I read on a couple of other touchup forums that your better off going to a beauty nail solon to get a better match for touch up.

Hi,

I'd like to know what other forums you've seen this at so that we can work with the customer. Spyder paint has been very popular for us and we're always interested in feedback and how to make our product better. There are a few variances within the Spyder color range on certain models, but we have the variances and we are always willing to work with our customers to make sure they are satisfied.

All of the Spyder colors are very popular for us and we really appreciate all the Spyder business we've had. But if someone is having trouble with their paint, please contact us, we are willing to help.

Thanks,
    Uri
    TUD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

one of the first issues I had was that the paint was not sticking even after a few days of hot summer weather. Id use a rag to wipe to prep for the next step and the paint would just wipe away. I then tried using a primer I had with another touchup paint kit and the base did stick but then the pearl white application would not stick. So I have not even gotten to the clear coat application. Maybe once i apply that it will match better. I am waiting a couple of weeks to see if the pearl white coat will stick to the base before I attemp to wipe it off so I can apply the clear coat. Very frustrating. With all the time I am putting into this paint chip I should have just purchased a new panel and be done with it.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for keeping an eye out for this stuff. I have been looking everywhere for Circuit yellow metallic. can get from body shop for ---wait for it---- $175.00 a pint... OOOooo weeee way to much for me. Dealer told me to bra it, but I can't do that, it's to nice....thanks again will go check that out right away Outstanding, I just ordered pen and bottle, now my bike can look like it's supposed to THANKS
    Last edited by gottago; 07-19-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

one of the first issues I had was that the paint was not sticking even after a few days of hot summer weather. Id use a rag to wipe to prep for the next step and the paint would just wipe away. I then tried using a primer I had with another touchup paint kit and the base did stick but then the pearl white application would not stick. So I have not even gotten to the clear coat application. Maybe once i apply that it will match better. I am waiting a couple of weeks to see if the pearl white coat will stick to the base before I attemp to wipe it off so I can apply the clear coat. Very frustrating. With all the time I am putting into this paint chip I should have just purchased a new panel and be done with it.

Any chance we could get you to snap a picture or two and email it to us at info@touchupdirect.com? Often time that is very helpful. From what you've described so far there could be a few things going on; one could be a bad pen, which does happen every so often. Another could be the surface preperation and how it was cleaned prior to the base application.

Either way, if you could send us a couple cell phone pictures via email we'll be glad to take a look and get things sorted out for you.

Thanks
    Uri
    TUD

Spyder Garage

Thanks for finding this. Great info.
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Spyder Garage

Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Pearl white chip repair

Quote Originally Posted by TouchUpDirect View Post
    Any chance we could get you to snap a picture or two and email it to us at info@touchupdirect.com? Often time that is very helpful. From what you've described so far there could be a few things going on; one could be a bad pen, which does happen every so often. Another could be the surface preperation and how it was cleaned prior to the base application.

Either way, if you could send us a couple cell phone pictures via email we'll be glad to take a look and get things sorted out for you.

Thanks
    Uri
    TUD
    First time posting pictures. In Direct sunlight the touch up paint is not so bad but in shade its pretty bad. These two pictues were taken in the shade. I have driven about 500 miles after the touchup pait was applied and the clearcoat added. the more mile I drive the darker the spot gets.

IMG_20130726_114711.jpgIMG_20130726_114735(1).jpg
    Last edited by Tazzel; 07-26-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First time posting pictures. In Direct sunlight the touch up paint is not so bad but in shade its pretty bad. These two pictues were taken in the shade. I have driven about 500 miles after the touchup pait was applied and the clearcoat added. the more mile I drive the darker the spot gets.

IMG_20130726_114711.jpgIMG_20130726_114735(1).jpg

I'd like to get you a new pen to see if it looks any better. There could be a lighter variance on the color...I'll check and send you the appropriate version of the color. Could you please contact us at 818-600-8160 or email us at info@touchupdirect.com with the name you ordered with? If you call, you'll talk to Kyle...I'll brief him and he'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks,
    Uri
    TUD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Touch UP Paint

I know this has been going on for some time but if I had a scratch or spot to paint I would just get a decal and cover it up. Why wouldn't that work?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug I View Post
    I know this has been going on for some time but if I had a scratch or spot to paint I would just get a decal and cover it up. Why wouldn't that work?

Well, I'd have to say it would work...at covering up the scratch anyway. To state the obvious, it wouldn't really fix the scratch.

Spyder Garage

Here are the paint codes from my 2013 FSM. You can go to any auto paint supplier and get them to get you any of these colors. I like PPG paint myself.

Paint codes.jpg
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment