Thread: Motorcycle Show

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Show

I had to share this. I was looking through the website for the upcoming motorcycle show and there is a vendor listed for apparel, called Belstaff. So I looked them up and they are high end. They offer a crocodile jacket for......$72,000!
    My wife said no! It may sway her toward allowing me to spend a couple hundred on one knowing it could have been much more. LOL

Spyder Garage

Belstaff has been around for ages. They were about the first with touring style jackets...way back in the dark ages when they were made from waxed canvas. Riders have sworn by them (and at them) for touring and enduros since motorcycles looked like glorified bicycles. Not surprised that they have crocodile...not that I can afford it. I like their plain leather (cowhide?) versions, but it is way out of my reach.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's a U.S distributor for their stuff. From what I have read, they have some really good gear for the price. Particularly for cooler climates or seasons. One of their jackets will be my next if I ever wear my Olympia AST out.
    http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/index.asp
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Went to their website. Twig-leg women. Yikes! Too skinny.

Spyder Garage

There is an article in the current issue of Rider magazine. Clement Salvadori tested out the same kind of outfit made by Aerostitch of Duluth, MN. (Aerostitch.com). Jackets $447 and pants $457. They call em Falstaff--but the name Belstaff is mentioned in the article as the originator.

Aerostitch has been making great motorcycle wear for about 30 years. It is all high end stuff--but the quality is there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$72,000?? For that kind of bread; it ought to come with it's own fleet of motorcycles!
    (All in matching hides; of course!)
    Belstaff's been around since about the beginning it seems... A great Company and great products!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Another vendor is Stone Lake Leatherworks.com N5172 Dawn Road • Stone Lake, WI 54876 (715) 865-6708 or 800-565-6709. The wife and I both have their jackets and I also have their bibs. They make them to your measurements, great quality and fair prices. This is a family business. Good people to deal with. They are usually at the Chicago motorcycle show, which is Feb 8-10 this year.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've seen Belstaff gear for dirt riders for years and didn't even realize that they made gear for street riders until seeing their booth at an International Motorcycle Show in Dallas a couple of years ago. I had an interesting discussion with their representative about the material in their Zodiac jacket versus nylon mesh which just about everyone else uses for summer riding gear. According to them, nylon mesh is not very protective if you go down at highway speed because the friction of sliding on pavement will literally melt it into your skin. They also claim that it cools as well as mesh whether it allows as much air flow or not. Belstaff makes good products and I'd really like to give it a try but, as usual, money gets in the way. As far as crocodile goes, I can't even afford a pair of alligator boots, much less a crocodile jacket.

Cotton