Thread: Action Camera

Spyder Garage

Default Action Camera

His anyone using an Action Camera that is recommended ?

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have a Gopro Hero 3 an love it i mounted it on my right mirror an have a mount on my helmet also.2012-12-01_10.00.20.jpg
    U can put any size SD mini card in it i have a 32g n mine an can get more hours then batteries an i only have 2 there$19 a piece. an the case it water proof an can go under water an use a anti fog wipe an no fog an it goes about anywhere.an its in HD 1080p look up www.gopro.com it also has built in WIFI an can have a remote.
    Last edited by my3gs; 01-30-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

JVC Action Cam. Works well, built-in display, wireless connectivity, and waterproof without an added housing (to fog up). Not many accessories available, though.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default SPORTS CAM

i have this one: http://www.dhgate.com/new-mini-dv-at...tml#s3-12-null
    but there are hundreds of different types and styles at: dhGATES.com http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/action+camera/2.html

mine has 8G, and the picture and sound are as good as any of the top sellers... i have it mounted utilizing one of the existing fasteners of the SPYD3R so i didn't have to drill any holes... here are some pix of it mounted...
    004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg295.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i have this one: http://www.dhgate.com/new-mini-dv-at...tml#s3-12-null
    but there are hundreds of different types and styles at: dhGATES.com http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/action+camera/2.html

mine has 8G, and the picture and sound are as good as any of the top sellers... i have it mounted utilizing one of the existing fasteners of the SPYD3R so i didn't have to drill any holes... here are some pix of it mounted...
    004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg295.jpg
    how long can you record with the 4 gig card? I see that a 4 Gig card is the max allowed
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    how long can you record with the 4 gig card? I see that a 4 Gig card is the max allowed
    Not to speak for someone else, but I would venture to guess it would be about 20 minutes in HD (1080p).
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

I use a simple Midland XTC 200 HD with a 16gb card. I can record for 3 hours on one charge on that card and it takes really good video and audio. Only has one button on it, a large slider for on and off, easily usable with gloves on. Videos are broken into 30 minute chunks automatically. It shoots in 720p. Available online and at some Walmart stores. The model 300 is 1080p and is available as well.

Link to the XTC 200 HD

Link to the XTC 300 HD

41Ycu9gQPLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Of course, you cannot go wrong with a GoPro Hero 3 in White, Silver or Black edition.
    Last edited by sonicsix; 01-31-2013 at 05:08 PM.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

I use the drift innovation ghost and I love it. It comes with the remote and video screen so you can see what you're shooting. Also, the lens can be adjusted so you can mount the camera in any location and still get an awesome looking HD video. Check it out: http://driftinnovation.com/camera/

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the Liquid Image EGO which you can generally find on Amazon for around $135:

http://www.liquidimageco.com/

1080p or 720p HD, continuous photo, good sound quality, water resistant but a waterproof housing is available. It takes a micro SD card and has built in wifi.

I also just won a GoPro Hero3 Black - Adventure so, I need to decide if I want to try it or sell it but as a $400 camera it might be neat to use. I do hate the tinny sound quality but if you're going 60+ you don't want to hear the wind anyway.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have two Drift HD 170's mounted on my Spyder. One for snap shots and one video. Both have 32GB cards and memory lasts longer than the batteries. I can get about 6 hours of video recording time out of the batteries, and have run for 3 days before filling the memory, and I have never filled the memory with snapshots.

Spyder Garage

Default 2 HRS

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    i'm not sure, b'kuz i've neva let it run to the MAX, but mine has 8 gig card, and i'd say it's good for 2 hrs... i notice on dhGATES.com that mine now comes with a remote START/STOP fob... although mine has a 1 button operation; push in for ON, push in again for OFF... very simple, and doable with gloves on.... i'm extremely satisfied...

Spyder Garage

Default Action Cam!

I have the GoPro Hero 2 and I have great results with it. I got some great shots this year through the Smokies and the Dragon.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by my3gs View Post
    I have a Gopro Hero 3 an love it i mounted it on my right mirror an have a mount on my helmet also.2012-12-01_10.00.20.jpg
    U can put any size SD mini card in it i have a 32g n mine an can get more hours then batteries an i only have 2 there$19 a piece. an the case it water proof an can go under water an use a anti fog wipe an no fog an it goes about anywhere.an its in HD 1080p look up www.gopro.com it also has built in WIFI an can have a remote.
    Hey there. I've noticed that the mirrors shake a bit, does the video come out pretty steady? Have you ever had any worries about the mounts not staying sticky on your helmet or bike? I'm so paranoid. Do you have any footage uploaded for a noisy person like me to look at?

Thanks in advance!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default LIC EGO is hard to beat!

Quote Originally Posted by szohar View Post
    His anyone using an Action Camera that is recommended ?

Thanks.
    Hi Szohar, I use the Liquid Image Ego and it's hard to beat! I use to have a GoPro and it wasn't bad but after using the Ego, I have to recommend it over the competition. Here is why: It is sleeker/smaller than a Go Pro, it weighs as much if not LESS THAN a GoPro, the video is 720i/1080p with a continuous photo option, and it cost half as much as GoPro. Do the math Obviously there are other cameras out there other than GoPro but people naturally compare everything to a GoPro so that is the standard I based my research off of. I've also used the GoPro and can say from personal experience that I prefer the LIC Ego based on video quality and simplicity. I'd also recommend getting a water proof housing, the camera itself isn't actually waterproof but once you get one you can take it virtually anywhere i.e. ocean, rivers, snow, mud, dirt......ANYWHERE! These cameras kick ass! If you're on the fence I'd say contact LIC directly on their website under support, they'll be able to answer any and all questions. Hope this helps, cheers!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sonicsix View Post
    I use a simple Midland XTC 200 HD with a 16gb card. I can record for 3 hours on one charge on that card and it takes really good video and audio. Only has one button on it, a large slider for on and off, easily usable with gloves on. Videos are broken into 30 minute chunks automatically. It shoots in 720p. Available online and at some Walmart stores. The model 300 is 1080p and is available as well.

Link to the XTC 200 HD

Link to the XTC 300 HD

41Ycu9gQPLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Of course, you cannot go wrong with a GoPro Hero 3 in White, Silver or Black edition.
    I use the Midland XTC 200 as well. Not a bad HD camera for the price, but the Go Pros do have better picture quality (they are 1080p). Sample taken with my XTC:

---------
    Jive
    Beckley, WV
    2012 Pure Magnesium Metallic Spyder RTS SM5, SpyderPops Belt Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I have an Astak CM7500.
    It's mounted to the air deflector and uses the Spyder's power supply.
    Here's a sample vid. Disregard the bugsplat. My bad.
    The wireless remote mounted to the handle bars give full control over the camera.
    $175.00
    HEY! My daughter drives to Corry to shop at Walmart. They don't have Spyders though, just a couple of Honda ATVs which are also great fun for tooling along in the forest trails around their home near Pittsfield. Small World!
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I don't have one, but everyone I know that does is using a GoPro Hero.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Camera

I use a GoPro Hero 2, I have put a 64GB card in it, I have a skeliton case for it thar allows me to hook power to it via USB, I can record an entire 8 hour trip with the 64 GB card, although that would be a boring video to watch!

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a couple of GoPros: the HD and the 960. I've been hearing good things about Liquid Image though, and at their price it's hard to beat.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow