Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Not talked about a lot

but I know a great many ryders carry a cw for personal protection. I found a walther pk380 that looks and feels really good. Does anyone know anything about this handgun and what do you think of it.
    Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Not talked about a lot

We talked about this about a year ago and it raised all kinds of hell.. Lol. Who should, shouldn't, why and why not. Its almost like the helmet threads To answer with my personal opinion, the sig p239 compact 9mm is excellent for bike carry. Although not my favorite cartridge, its superb engineering, compact size, rounded corners and capacity make for an excellent concealed weapon. IF YOUR INTO THAT..
    However, the. 380 catridge is even smaller and the trade off makes me see really no additional benefits. Consider a 9mm as the smallest. Walther is just.. Ok in my personal opinion. In the end, its whats comfortable for you, and how accurate and reliable your weapon has proven to be for others on professional reviews. Hope that helps..
    Last edited by Tierhog; 01-29-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

as for me I carry a s.&w 32 police special.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercoach View Post
    but I know a great many ryders carry a cw for personal protection. I found a walther pk380 that looks and feels really good. Does anyone know anything about this handgun and what do you think of it.
    Thanks
    the walther is 5 star. buy it quick before someone else does----Budro

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I carry a Seecamp in .32acp. I don't need to stop a fight; I just need to be more trouble to the than I'm worth so that they move on...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Is the PPK used or new? Walther had a problem with the triggers on these,
    and they would go off very easily and unintentionally (I know of a settlement made when the gun went off in someone's pocket without them touching the trigger). From what I've heard the problem has been corrected, but personally I would go with a Glock (I love the simplicity for CC) or the previously mentioned Sig (also available in 380).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry forgot to mention, the Kahr 9mm is also a great choice for CC, easy to carry and shoot accurately.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point Bob, Dont think many crooks are going to gage if they should move on or not
    from the size of the hole in the end of the barrel. If there that dertermined to get ya, your if for a fight
    no matter what your pointin at 'em...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve635 View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention, the Kahr 9mm is also a great choice for CC, easy to carry and shoot accurately.

I second this. My husband got me a kahr 9mm CW. I like how this feels in my hand and it does shoot accurately.

Spyder Garage

I had one many years ago. I saw it in the case at the local gun dealer, and that whole "Bond.... James Bond." mystique of the PPK convinced me that I had to have one.

BUT.......I like a high tight grip on my handguns. Every time I took it to the range I ended up with two slices in the web of my hand from the slide cycling and cutting me in the process. It's a design flaw. The bottom of the slide is too close to the grip for me.

I sold it.

Glock 26!

There are so many small reliable 9mm handguns manufactured these days, most offering more capacity and all giving better bullet performance over the old PPK in .380 that I wonder why the cartridge survives. It used to be the only viable protection cartridge offered in small easily concealable guns, but that's not the case anymore.
    Last edited by Pappy John; 01-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Getting an acutal PPK is kinda tough...
    The GCA of 1968 outlawed them.
    The PPK/S was made available; same barrel length as the PPK, but with a longer pistol grip to meet the regulations.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I carry a Seecamp in .32acp. I don't need to stop a fight; I just need to be more trouble to the than I'm worth so that they move on...
    That can be open to debate. 20 years in the business.. You stop the threat.. Not tickle or scare. Not that any caliber is a miracle worker... But why gamble? How many incidents do we here about where the person wasnt aware that he was shot until after? You get knocked down with a. 40 or preferred. 45, the fight is over. You can conceal these calibers easily.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A .22 short will stop a fight if it's owner knows what to do do...
    I will truly feel sorry for the surviving family members of a thug who takes the time to notice that it's a .32 that's trained on his center of mass...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My m&p 9 pro doesn't cc very well but Indiana isn't a ccw state (license to carry allows either). I usually cover it with a jacket. My wife's bersa thunder 380 is a bout half the size. Hers is similar to a Walther ppk.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point! New York also doesn't specify method of carry...
    If I had to deal with an open-carry State; perhaps I'd just throw my SSK Handcannon in my shoulder holster .375 JDJ Handcannon.jpg
    Having said that; nobody knows but me!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ccw

Thanks
    I always carry the sig p238 (380 auto) (which will fit in the spyders glove box) unless I can carry the sti electra (9mm) or kimber ultra raptor (45 auto) all are concealable just varying degrees.

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spydercoach, I have a Walter PPK/S .380 made by Interarms (pre S&W). I fits me well and shoots well. I have carried and shot for several years without any problems. As mentioned in other post, if you have large meaty hands the slide will get you if you have one of the earlier models. S&W bought out Intrearms some years ago and took over the production of the PPK's. They modified the dove tail / beaver tail (made it larger) to prevent the slide from slicing your hand. If you can, take it out and shoot it. Finding the right gun for you is more than just looks and price. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am old so bear with me. I carry a S&W model 19 357 mag. loaded with 158 grain JHP's. I tend to like a wheel gun. I actually recommend a lighter load in a 38 Spl., but I seem to like a round I can stop a bear with.

Interesting video of a women that went through h3ell. Listen to what she says about how long it took her to realize what was happening. It is old and many may have seen it before.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know if this has been covered but....

Thanks
    I do know that a Walther PPK is the type of handgun James Bond carries. So if it is good enough for Bond, James, Bond............then it is good enough for me.
    Chad
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But...
    never mind...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glock 9 mm when traveling works great for me!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've carried a S&W Model 19, a Berreta 9mm, a Sigsaur 9mm, a Colt .45, and a Taurus Judge. All of these ARE CONSEALABLE. You just need the proper holster/ carry bag and proper a tire.

Sent from the far side of the Moon!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I do know that a Walther PPK is the type of handgun James Bond carries. So if it is good enough for Bond, James, Bond............then it is good enough for me.
    Chad
    But he didn't carry the PPK, he carried the Colt .45!

Sent from the far side of the Moon!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ahhhh the hell with it...TWIN 50's mounted on the fenders...chain fed to frunk.... Lol