Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Wish that color scheme was available on an ST!
    Me too

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by weapon View Post
    Quote: (I find the front end weaves on me on the freeway)

Hi Cargasm.
    Get the front end alignment checked. Lamont has said some 2013's have alignment isues.
    Thanks Weapon. I will do that. While it is in there, I will have them adjust the fox racing shocks too to stiffen up the ride (to 4-5). Even though they are new for 2013, I am sure they could benefit from the same adjustments as previous year models. Also, will make sure the tire pressure on the fronts are 20-21 lbs.

Spyder Garage

and on your new ...................Lookin' good!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Cargasm;
    I'd make sure that with the change in the tire size, I would check on thr recommended pressure for the new tire size.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Cargasm;
    I'd make sure that with the change in the tire size, I would check on thr recommended pressure for the new tire size.
    Thanks Retired1, I am bringing it back to the shop tonight to get them to check it out completely.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So, took the Spyder to the dealership and explained the uneasy feeling I was getting at speed. I thought it was me to begin with and that I just wasn't used to the front end with 2 wheels instead of the 1 on my Busa. They had it all day long and even switched off between my RSS and a ST to really get a good comparison. The issue ended up being the front end out of alignment. I think someone on this forum said to have them check for that - you were right!

It feels MUCH better now and I am happy with the results! I even had them stiffen up the suspension by 1 click too since they were going to have it up in the air. Can't wait to take it out for a long ride now with the wife and start racking up some miles.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    Congratulations on your new Spyder!!...I love the color and changes BRP has made,especially the cruise control and cluster...I have a GS 2009...I'm just curious..Did you test drive the new ST and why did you decide on the GSS?..Again,I love your new bike!!
    cyclelover63 - I sold a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa to get the Spyder. I am in law enforcement, so I really don't need to be going that fast anyways. Also, with an 8 year old daughter, my wife and I wanted to get back into doing what we used to do - traveling all over and watching the motorcycle races. Since I came from a sporty background, I opted to go with the RSS for the handling and its look. The wife will most likely go with the ST with my daughter. She is looking forward to hers too. Then it's just a matter of getting a trailer that will hold both of them really nicely for those super long trips. Anyone have any good thoughts on trailers for 2 spyders you would recommend?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Looks great (RSS or ST ?) are the Shocks adjustable ??
    RSS - Fully adjustable Fox Racing Shocks.

Spyder Garage

Wow your new RSS is sweet!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wheeler View Post
    Wow your new RSS is sweet!
    Thanks 3 wheeler

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow, very impressive! Dang it though, makes me wanna upgrade already! But, audio on the RS model? Or is it cause it's a shared instrument cluster?
    Current
    2016 Can Am F3T Special Series
    2015 Can Am Renegade 1000 X XC
    2011 Can Am Outlander 800R X XC
    Previous
    2012 Can Am RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new Spyder. I too am a 'busa owner--
    Last edited by rc51ny; 11-27-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cargasm View Post
    Hi All. New to the forums but have been watching for quite a while. As of Friday, 1/25/13, the dealership called and said my special order 2013 Spyder RSS was in and ready for pickup. I put together a quick video so you guys could check it out:

I sold a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa to have something the wife/daughter and I could enjoy. This is going to take some getting used to. I find the front end weaves on me on the freeway. Not sure if I need to tighten up the stiffness on the shocks or not, but the ride is phenomenal. Enjoy!
    Very nice! It is good to see a RS-S review here for the 2013 models. I would say majority of the posts I have seen have been geared to the ST-S which makes since because they are really nice but even after seeing the new RS-S and the ST-S at the motorcycle show I still was in love with the RS-S. The added cruise control was a "cherry on top" of an already great tasting sundae. For me the sporty look of the front of the RS seals the deal. A couple of added "farkles" and it is perfect to me. Congrats!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RotaxDuramax View Post
    Wow, very impressive! Dang it though, makes me wanna upgrade already! But, audio on the RS model? Or is it cause it's a shared instrument cluster?
    On the color display, 2nd icon from the left is audio. The dealer was explaining that if you wanted to add an ipod or whatever, this is what would control it. All the buttons on the left handle bar (up, down, left, right) would allow you to switch tracks, etc.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    Very nice! It is good to see a RS-S review here for the 2013 models. I would say majority of the posts I have seen have been geared to the ST-S which makes since because they are really nice but even after seeing the new RS-S and the ST-S at the motorcycle show I still was in love with the RS-S. The added cruise control was a "cherry on top" of an already great tasting sundae. For me the sporty look of the front of the RS seals the deal. A couple of added "farkles" and it is perfect to me. Congrats!!!
    Thanks! That cruise control works very well. Could have used it on the Busa as it vibrated my hands til they started to fall asleep. The Can Am however is amazingly smooth, fox racing suspension just soaks up even big bumps or irregularities in the road. On long trips when you need to use your right hand for something, it is nice to have the option of doing so without deaccelerating.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! That cruise control works very well. Could have used it on the Busa as it vibrated my hands til they started to fall asleep. The Can Am however is amazingly smooth, fox racing suspension just soaks up even big bumps or irregularities in the road. On long trips when you need to use your right hand for something, it is nice to have the option of doing so without deaccelerating.
    That is the biggest problem I have with mine, and that's the hand going numb... makes trying to get to the dealer a pain sometimes. But I got new grips that are supposed to help, and has a place to use your palm and stretch your fingers out. Can't wait to try it!
    Current
    2016 Can Am F3T Special Series
    2015 Can Am Renegade 1000 X XC
    2011 Can Am Outlander 800R X XC
    Previous
    2012 Can Am RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Excellent video. on your sweet ride.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For anyone who recently got a 2013 RSS and the front end feels like it is swaying all over the place. Take it back to the dealer, get a front-end alignment. I had them do this, stiffen up the shocks by 1 click and I have the front tires inflated to 20 psi now. Just got back on a 2 hour ride with the wife and it feels like an entirely different bike. I am really happy now. Was a little scary getting it all dialed in and thinking all Spyders acted like that normally. Thank goodness that wasn't the case.

Spyder Garage

nice bike!!! lots of good advice listed above. my two cents worth is lighten up on the hold you have on the grips. iso grips are great too. check out the alignment and rebalance the wheels if need be. whatever you do, don't use the beads in your tires!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

image.jpg
    Here is my 11 out at Bonneville Salt Flats on the way to the owners event.

Spyder Garage

Hi , I've bought the exact same one but haven't been able to pick up yet due to weather... just waiting for me in the dealer shop...
    Tomorrow I'll ask them to do an alignment and check the tire pressure ... THANKS, although I wouldn't be able to feel the difference as never driven a bike or even got to take a test drive on the Spyder... just gonna wing it... I did buy a GoPro video cam to film the ride home... Now that will be interesting but I'll take my time.

I too loved the color and it also closely matches my 2008 Vette in Atomic Orange.

My question for you and knowing you've ridden lots , you've chosen to tighten up front shock... what was the factory setting and what do you weigh as I'm 275 lbs and 6'3" so I may have to tighten shocks ... How would I know if this is the case... does it just give the feeling of too much forward drop when hitting the brakes or was it something else

I probably will get a chance to pick up this week if weather agrees, I have owned extremely fast snowmobiles and Seadoos so not put off by the speed but would like to figure tuning correctly for my size..

Any thoughts from you would be helpful

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your experience on snowmobiles will aid you greatly in the transition... Take your time getting the feel of how the bike handles weight transfer in the turns and you'll do just fine.
    The stock shocks have five preload settings. They are delivered with the preload set in position 3... Try it as delivered, but you might want to take it up to 4 or 5 to increase the preload on the springs...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Check your tire pressures...

Hi All. New to the forums but have been watching for quite a while. As of Friday, 1/25/13, the dealership called and said my special order 2013 Spyder RSS was in and ready for pickup. I put together a quick video so you guys could check it out:

I sold a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa to have something the wife/daughter and I could enjoy. This is going to take some getting used to. I find the front end weaves on me on the freeway. Not sure if I need to tighten up the stiffness on the shocks or not, but the ride is phenomenal. Enjoy!
    We just talked to a trucker/spyder ryder and he said add more tire air...sometimes needs more than what they say...we will add about 3 lbs and see what happens.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default You will love your Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Great looking bike. Super job on the video. I know you, your wife and daughter will love it.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards
    We are sure enjoying ours. We have 2400 miles now and are still learning new things about how to ride it...I sleep so much better with all that fresh air.

Spyder Garage

The fun will now begin!

Mike