Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjetsrick View Post
    Hi , I've bought the exact same one but haven't been able to pick up yet due to weather... just waiting for me in the dealer shop...
    Tomorrow I'll ask them to do an alignment and check the tire pressure ... THANKS, although I wouldn't be able to feel the difference as never driven a bike or even got to take a test drive on the Spyder... just gonna wing it... I did buy a GoPro video cam to film the ride home... Now that will be interesting but I'll take my time.

I too loved the color and it also closely matches my 2008 Vette in Atomic Orange.

My question for you and knowing you've ridden lots , you've chosen to tighten up front shock... what was the factory setting and what do you weigh as I'm 275 lbs and 6'3" so I may have to tighten shocks ... How would I know if this is the case... does it just give the feeling of too much forward drop when hitting the brakes or was it something else

I probably will get a chance to pick up this week if weather agrees, I have owned extremely fast snowmobiles and Seadoos so not put off by the speed but would like to figure tuning correctly for my size..

Any thoughts from you would be helpful
    Bob already replied to part of this. I am also 6'3" and weigh 225. I found the front end a tad mushy for me, which is why I asked them to go up 1 click on the front to make it more stiff. I almost always have my wife on the back. We recently took it for a ride out through the Valley of Fire, right outside of Las Vegas. Inside there is a very very twisty road with decreasing radius turns, dips, etc. We ended up bottoming out in one section because I was pushing it sort of hard. I have went through that same road on a ZX-11, CBR900RR and every bike felt very unstable in there. The spyder sucked up the road like no one's business besides the one incident.

When I took the spyder in for its 600 mile checkup, I asked them to check the bottom to make sure everything was ok. They replaced my ball joints as part of a new recall. They also informed me that the rear shock is non-adjustable and is rated for up to 450 pounds. 2 of the guys at the shop jumped on it to test the shock. Unless they tried really hard, they couldn't make it bottom out. I explained the road had a LOT to do with it and as long as there was no damage, I was cool with it. Just wanted to share that info. By the way....my Akropovich exhaust is slated for March 27th. I will post another quick video of it on this thread once I get it so everyone can see/hear what it is all about.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Awesome! That's the same color I have on my 2011. Great choice

Enjoy!
    +1
    My 2011 is the only one I've seen (locally) in that color and it really draws good comments.

Congrats!

Spyder Garage

Cargasm... How do you find the depth of the seat ... is there enough room or would a little more be more comfortable...I think I would like to lengthen the seat about 2 inches.... I will be driving solo all the time so was also thinking of adding a backrest and cover for the back seat... I think a nice custom seat with some orange in it would heat it up a bit... weather cold till Thursday so hope to finally get to drive it Thursday or Friday... can't wait really want to capture the thrill of driving

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cargasm... How do you find the depth of the seat ... is there enough room or would a little more be more comfortable...I think I would like to lengthen the seat about 2 inches.... I will be driving solo all the time so was also thinking of adding a backrest and cover for the back seat... I think a nice custom seat with some orange in it would heat it up a bit... weather cold till Thursday so hope to finally get to drive it Thursday or Friday... can't wait really want to capture the thrill of driving
    Coming from a background of a Kawasaki ZX-11, Honda CBR900RR and just recently a Suzuki Hayabusa, the seat is extremely comfortable! My wife who had a tailbone injury a long time ago could not ride on the sportbikes for prolonged periods of time due to extreme pain. She is tickled pink with the comfort of the stock seat. Of course, I have seen others saying there is a "comfort seat" available that is supposed to make it as comfortable as a couch, LOL, but I have yet to try it myself. Maybe Corbin could do you up a custom seat and possibly match the color of the RSS? Have you reached out to them as of yet?

Spyder Garage

No have not tried Corbin but will try... If you were riding solo and for yourself only, do you think shortening the back passenger depth would be any more comfortable for 6'3"

Spyder Garage

Just called Corbin and they don't have the mold for the 2013 ...so if I will ship my bike out to California they would give me a free seat... I don't think so...
    Good try thou..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No have not tried Corbin but will try... If you were riding solo and for yourself only, do you think shortening the back passenger depth would be any more comfortable for 6'3"
    If I were to go to another seat, just based on what I have read in the forums, it would be to the "Comfort Seat". You may want to ask you local Spyder shop if they have a regularly scheduled ride that everyone participates in and see if someone else has one of these before you invest your money.

Spyder Garage

on the new RSS and Ride Safe & Long!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My favorite color scheme! Congratulations, Welcome and awesome Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Nice.color I had a 2011 rss black & silver. I installed elka shocks raised the tire.presure in front to 24psi put a falken 912 rear tire @ 26psi. am 6.1 225 and I went to the 421 the snake & 129 the dragon had a ball playing with sport cruisers and harleys. have the dealer check the alignment and the ball joints. I now own a 2013 STS it handles really good but my rss with the elks and other refinements is a little better, getting ready to make some changes.and instal some elkas.then we will see.....
    Last edited by spyderman526; 03-31-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman526 View Post
    Nice.color I had a 2011 rss black & silver. I installed elka shocks raised the tire.presure in front to 24psi put a falken 912 rear tire @ 26psi. am 6.1 225 and I went to the 421 the snake & 129 the dragon had a ball playing with sport cruisers and harleys. have the dealer check the alignment and the ball joints. I now own a 2013 STS it handles really good but my rss with the elks and other refinements is a little better, getting ready to make some changes.and instal some elkas.then we will see.....
    Have you ridden a 2013 RSS yet? I wonder how the Elks compares to the newer suspension?

Spyder Garage

Congrats. I have a 2012 and seeing the upgrades on the 13 makes me jealous, especially the cruise control!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Default Weaving

Suggest "lightning up on holding the handle bars" -- let the Spyder steer itself.