Spyder Garage

Default I'MCONFUSSED ON THE BLUE TOOTH/WIRELESS THINGY

I spoke to a dealer rep yesterday to try and clear up the difference between the RT-S SE6 and the RT Limited. I told him that the major differences I see between the two is the chrome package and the GPS, which he agreed were the major differences. When I asked him about the the wireless stuff to operate phone parring and GPS and radio, he stated that I would still need a dongle and the wiring package to go with it. I was under the assumption that the RT Limited had this already installed. What am I missing here and what would I need to operate the GPS, radio via blue tooth????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think your dealer is correct you still need the bluetooth dongle. Or you could buy the RTS and use your cell phone for GPS and save a few bucks
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The dealer is correct. When I brought my RTL , it came with GPS, but I had to add the dongle.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

With the Garmin 660 GPS on the Limited you can Bluetooth your Phone to it, and Bluetooth your Helmet Bluetooth to the GPS. Now you have Phone, and GPS along with another Bluetooth helmet headset all connected to your headset. CONFUSED At this point the radio on the bike is useless. Or you can listen to your phone, Gps and bike radio through the bike speakers.(I think) never tried it.

At this point I have not figured out the on bike Bluetooth dongle add on. (now I am confused).

You can Add tunes to the Garmin 660 and listen away.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woolfski1713 View Post
    I spoke to a dealer rep yesterday to try and clear up the difference between the RT-S SE6 and the RT Limited. I told him that the major differences I see between the two is the chrome package and the GPS, which he agreed were the major differences. When I asked him about the the wireless stuff to operate phone parring and GPS and radio, he stated that I would still need a dongle and the wiring package to go with it. I was under the assumption that the RT Limited had this already installed. What am I missing here and what would I need to operate the GPS, radio via blue tooth????
    If you buy a Limited. You can listen to the radio, optional XM radio, plugin your own ipod, mp3 player all through the speakers. The GPS will come through the speakers as well and interrupt whatever else is playing. That is all before doing BT. Now if you want BT then you have to get BT headset(s) to start. Then you need to decide what you want to hear in your helmet and this gets very complicated. If all you want to hear is the GPS, phone and maybe another BT device you don't need anything else. If you want to hear the radio and or anything else that is hooked up to it you need to get the optional BT installed. And to make it more complicated there is more than one way to do the same thing!!

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage