Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How cold was it last night????

I am not exaggerating in the least when I say that last night a large jar of pickles was frozen solid in my garage.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

16% here not too bad, Still rode 20 miles today, Friday it was a little cooler, Rode 165 mile round trip to Narrowsburg NY and back.
    It's all mind over matter, If you don't have a mind it doesn't matter.

Spyder Garage

We were -5 this morning. I froze my fingers when I went out to shovel, but didn't know it until they started to hurt later. Tonight is supposed to be colder.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I am not exaggerating in the least when I say that last night a large jar of pickles was frozen solid in my garage.

Bout 30 degrees here this morning. About as cold as it gets, except at rare times. At least in Sweet Home Alabama...
    ISCI Billy

1-800-838-9421
    www.isciride.com

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Last night it was so cold.....

It got so cold here last night we had to turn off
    the air conditioner

Spyder Garage

Gonna be single digits tonight so I,ll set the thermostat at 53 Degrees instead of 52!

Never gets over 60 in my house in the winter Soo come summer I love it when its 78-80 inside and I can sit around in a tank top!
    Cooler is More healthy and I sleep Great!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Low 20's here (ABOVE).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It was -25F when I left Lake of the Woods, MN yesterday morning for home. The -5F we had this morning felt balmy...
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

-25 at 7am. Went to Minneapolis to have J&M Audio put into new helmet, a heat wave on the way home +3.

Spyder Garage

It was 16F this morning in NJ at 5am and when I landed in Pittsburgh at 8:30am it was 13F. They are saying it will go down to 4F tonight here. I miss days when I would fly out of Newark in January with 20F and land in Singapore into 90F or Hong Kong 80F. Those were the days.....

2012 RS SE - White. Sport rack with Backrest, ISCI Armrests, Two Brothers Exhaust

Spyder Garage

I burn wood, my house is a warm 68 degrees when I wake up and I can have it to 75 within an hour. What I really need is for the snow, salt, and sand to be off the roads. I have snowmobile gear and can ryde anytime the roads are clear.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Minus five here this morning...And no heat in the house! The plumber had better be on his Best Game today...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My living room, the coldest room in the house, dropped down to 56 last night. I will be doing a 3:00 am wood stove load tonight. Bob, sorry to here about your heat. I take it you have a boiler? Are you a radiant floor, radiator, or micro radiator kinda guy? Better get a space heater under your desk so that the posts keep coming! Or does the speed at which you type create enough heat to warm the room? Seriously though, I hope all goes well.

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While all of you in the east are freezing we have been having a heat wave. Highs in the upper 60s. We had a week of winter and one day it didn't even make it to 40 all day.

When it is warmer in Anchorage you know it must really be cold.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default How cold was it last night????

Spyder Garage

I am working in Norhtern Maine thse last couple of days and last night it was -27 degrees. Got up this morning and was driving to my first job and I headed down into a low spot and it was -34 degrees. I've never seen it that could before. The company I work for put GPS in our vehicles and if we let our vehicle idle more than 15 minutes we get these nasty texts. They want us to shut our vehicles off. The last few days that didn't happen. I am now on the bad boy list .

Spyder Garage

Saw a post from a friend that it was so cold he was farting snowflakes.

john

Spyder Garage

Left nj yesterday and it was 22, a balmy 36 today in Nashville TN...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

-1 F. this morning. Add 5 feet of snow and it makes for a god winter day. We made Good Morning America, nation wide this morning, here in Fulton NY. because of the snow we got since Sunday night.

I could ues a few highly trained SHOVEL OPERATORS for a couple of days unless it continues to snow, then they will be needed until April 15th.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    -1 F. this morning. Add 5 feet of snow and it makes for a god winter day. We made Good Morning America, nation wide this morning, here in Fulton NY. because of the snow we got since Sunday night.

I could ues a few highly trained SHOVEL OPERATORS for a couple of days unless it continues to snow, then they will be needed until April 15th.
    The "blessings" of Lake Effect snow, eh bob. I am guessing there are gonna be a lot of happy snowmobilers on the plateau this week. A good week for it too, with Greg Zippadelli's charity ride this weekend. Tony Stewart and the other nascar drivers will get to play in all the best tug hill has to offer.
    Sorry bout the shoveling out thing though. I hope it is typical LE snow in that it is not wet and heavy. Think Spring

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    The "blessings" of Lake Effect snow, eh bob. I am guessing there are gonna be a lot of happy snowmobilers on the plateau this week. A good week for it too, with Greg Zippadelli's charity ride this weekend. Tony Stewart and the other nascar drivers will get to play in all the best tug hill has to offer.
    Sorry bout the shoveling out thing though. I hope it is typical LE snow in that it is not wet and heavy. Think Spring

Tug hill snow conditions should be great this weekend! Going to be pretty cold to start off, Sundy temps here are going to be 25 F. Hope the groomers are out and going.

It is -7 F. here now, no wind though.

Spyder Garage

So you share my affliction?? I need to ride 12 months out of the year so I still keep sleds in the garage.

Just sayin'............

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I am working in Norhtern Maine thse last couple of days and last night it was -27 degrees. Got up this morning and was driving to my first job and I headed down into a low spot and it was -34 degrees. I've never seen it that could before. The company I work for put GPS in our vehicles and if we let our vehicle idle more than 15 minutes we get these nasty texts. They want us to shut our vehicles off. The last few days that didn't happen. I am now on the bad boy list .
    -34 degrees !! Question for all of you northern Spyder owners---Does a body ever become accustomed to the bone chilling (or pickle freezing)

temperatures???? This is a serious question???

Spyder Garage

When I moved down to Charlotte right out of college the first summer about killed me. Your body does adjust, and you always dress for the occasion.

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    -34 degrees !! Question for all of you northern Spyder owners---Does a body ever become accustomed to the bone chilling (or pickle freezing)

temperatures???? This is a serious question???

I don't much care for the cold anymore. We learn how to dress for the cold pretty quick. It also helps to take up activities that are fun in the cold and snow. Ski, Snowshoe, sled, etc. Makes you look foward to the weekend and the winter goes by quicker. Our snowmobiles will be running all weekend and the conditions are excellent.