Thread: HID Kits

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HID Kits

Has anyone tried to use any other kinds of HID kits other then the BRP one? The BRP may work well but I think it is highly overpriced. Does any know if a regular automotive one will work as far as the bulbs and sockets?? I know the main harness might be alittle different.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Re: HID Kits

I haven't tried any other kits but that price is way out of line in my book. :

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02
    Has anyone tried to use any other kinds of HID kits other then the BRP one? The BRP may work well but I think it is highly overpriced. Does any know if a regular automotive one will work as far as the bulbs and sockets?? I know the main harness might be alittle different.

Thanks
    Check out www.evoluzione.net. Excellent HID kits for the headlights and fog lights at reasonable price made expecially for the Spyder. Not associated with them .. just a happy customer.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

the brp HID lites are well worth the money dont half :edit:it the kit comes with all youll need fits great the only thing is if you have fog lites you will need a another wiring harness for the fog lites with HIDs the wiring is about 100.00 extra but every thing fits in its place :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound
    Check out www.evoluzione.net. Excellent HID kits for the headlights and fog lights at reasonable price made expecially for the Spyder. Not associated with them .. just a happy customer.
    Do you have both the HID light kit and fog light kit from Evoluzione? I thought I read somewhere that in order to use the fog light kit one still had to purchase the fog light kit and harness from BRP? Am I on the right track? I read so much I sometimes confuse myself on. ;D

Thanks,

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diggittt
    Do you have both the HID light kit and fog light kit from Evoluzione? I thought I read somewhere that in order to use the fog light kit one still had to purchase the fog light kit and harness from BRP? Am I on the right track? I read so much I sometimes confuse myself on. ;D
    Thanks,
    Diggittt
    The Fog light HID kit is primarily for those who already have the fog lights installed. I wouldn't go to the expense of buying the fog lights just to get the HID kit. Instead, I would purchase the HID kit for the headlights at $450.00. An HID kit for both the headlights and the fog lights would be somewhat of an overkill. Ken at Evoluzione however, wired his fog lights to act as the low beams. That way, he doesn't have to switch the fog lights on/off. in that case, the HID kits for both lights might make some sense.

I do not have the HID's yet. I was just answering Lightman02's original question. My next purchase from ken will be however, the HID kit for the headlights.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound
    The Fog light HID kit is primarily for those who already have the fog lights installed. I wouldn't go to the expense of buying the fog lights just to get the HID kit. Instead, I would purchase the HID kit for the headlights at $450.00. An HID kit for both the headlights and the fog lights would be somewhat of an overkill. Ken at Evoluzione however, wired his fog lights to act as the low beams. That way, he doesn't have to switch the fog lights on/off. in that case, the HID kits for both lights might make some sense.

I do not have the HID's yet. I was just answering Lightman02's original question. My next purchase from ken will be however, the HID kit for the headlights.
    Thanks for the clarification.. I think I got it now ;D

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've seen some HID kits for cars that go for around $150.00 my friend bought one and it works in his car great. This is why I'm aking as even the Evolution one seems overpriced as HID's are not that expensive anymore.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I did buy the lights and I hope that they are worth the extra $$.
    However, in reference to buying aftermarket...my lights came with a "booster box" attached to each side in the wiring harness. You can buy new blub inserts or lights that have better blubs (HID blubs). If the kit does not come with the "black box" attached to each light, the end result may not be what you were looking for.
    I am not going to know for sure if my investment was worth it until I run into more SpyderRyders in the real world, and compare night time lights. So I need more people to buy Sypders. I guess that is where the real problem lies. I need more people in Central Calif. to buy Spyders......any takers? Meanwhile, spouse says that if I turn on the brights again while he is driving in front of me, he will personally smash the blubs at the next stop. I think what he is really saying is the lights are very bright.
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow